Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Raphael Lavoie re-signs with the Oilers (1 year, $775k, two-way)

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Brandon perlini 2.0

Great shot. Works hard. Tweener. Will end up in Europe. He got a nice raise.

He's like a kubalik .. needs top 6 time to excel and offensive players around him. He won't crack oilers top 6 and he won't crack the pp unit. He will get ten minutes or less a night in bottom 6 in spot duty.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
I hope he gets a shot this season with big club.

Big kid, who can really shoot the puck and use his size to his advantage.

I'd much rather have him on the ice instead of Perry.

Reactions: Coffey

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Brandon perlini 2.0

He's like a kubalik .. needs top 6 time to excel and offensive players around him. He won't crack oilers top 6 and he won't crack the pp unit. He will get ten minutes or less a night in bottom 6 in spot duty.
He's almost assuredly going to get waived at some point and a team that isn't exactly set up to compete this season should take a crack at him.

2nd line minutes, powerplay time, see what the kid can do. He can absolutely rip it.

Reactions: Czechboy

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Ok but seriously, does he make the big team or will he get waived?
Waived most likely. There are too many veterans coming back, I would expect only Holloway and Broberg make the team for young guys.

I certainly wouldn't mind if we kept him up to see what he can do though. He's been purcolating in the AHL, and we need to give him a chance to see if he is going to be an NHL player.

Reactions: Bottle Rocket

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
If you have a 2 way you need to clear waivers?

Unrelated. Two-way just means you have a different salary in the AHL vs NHL.

Waiver eligibility has to do with years since you signed an NHL-eligible contract. For 18 year olds, 5 years, 19 year olds 4 years, 20 to 23 year olds = 3 years... then steps down to 2 years for 24 year olds, 1 year for 25+.
NHL Waiver Rules - The Hockey Writers The Business of Hockey Latest News, Analysis & More

Essentially by age 23 or 24 *most players are eligible for waivers. And by 26 everyone is.

Reactions: LuGBuG

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Unrelated. Two-way just means you have a different salary in the AHL vs NHL.

Waiver eligibility has to do with years since you signed an NHL-eligible contract. For 18 year olds, 5 years, 19 year olds 4 years, 20 to 23 year olds = 3 years... then steps down to 2 years for 24 year olds, 1 year for 25+.
NHL Waiver Rules - The Hockey Writers The Business of Hockey Latest News, Analysis & More

Essentially by age 23 or 24 *most players are eligible for waivers. And by 26 everyone is.
Wow I never knew that. I was aware of the salary difference but also thought you could send players up or down as well. Thanks.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Wow I never knew that. I was aware of the salary difference but also thought you could send players up or down as well. Thanks.

It's a very common misconception. I had it myself for a while... I blame EA Sports. They simplified the rule to the way you understand it (two way vs one-way) when implementing waivers in NHL 20XX GM mode.

Reactions: overlords

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's a very common misconception. I had it myself for a while... I blame EA Sports. They simplified the rule to the way you understand it (two way vs one-way) when implementing waivers in NHL 20XX GM mode.
exactly this.

I remember it coming up in franchise mode a while back and me being like.... that's... not how that rule works

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
He is a PP contributor, needs to improve on walls and 5v5 to get chance in Edmonton. May get a shot elsewhere if it doesn't work out with EDM this year

Reactions: hamzarocks

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Does anyone think Lavioe gets more than an injury fill in cup of coffee this season? The top nine is full and I don’t see much of his skill set other than size translating to the fourth line. And with the recent trades he’s also got stiff competition in being the first call up in the added Savioe and Jarventie.

Top nine next year​

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Ardvisson-Draisaitl-Skinner
Kane-Henrique-Brown
Janmark possibly in there at times as well.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There’s a chance that Lavoie sticks around if he can beat out his competition in Bourgault, Hamblin and Savoie, it’s a long shot but there could be an extra forward spot open if Kane goes to LTIR.

Brandon perlini 2.0

Rangers could be interested at right price, here = fair value, not overpay

what is the ask?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Probably a similar level prospect with waiver eligibility? We could really use a forward that can hit and fight to round out our 4th line at some point.
That's my thinking also.
We get a possible pivot a little closer to ready now, you get a comparable F who can stay in the A a year or 2, an asset who competes for your roster then when slots are open.

Pls excuse this is from memory -- what is everybody using since CapFriendly died?

Sykora*
BMB - (Bryce McConnell Barker)**
Laba ***

per data at our fan base site:
* = a 5'10 2nd rounder listed as W, but we see projecting as C also
has advanced very well, rough to play against
** = a 6'2" 3rd round C, on schedule
*** = a 6'2 4th round C, also on sched, shoots R

How about all 3 for Raph and a late 1st? {If you want I'll give you top 24 protected}

somethin like dat..

==============================
remind me to alert you to plans I have to help Ukraine raise funds....

Jaroslav chmelar
that's a reasonable and interesting ask 1:1.
A former 5th rounder but is 6'5 and also doing well

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I like Lavoies B game. He's big and can be physical at times. IMO, if Evander Kane is injured to start the season, Lavoie is in the lineup. Perry won't play every night.

Skinner-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Draaisaitl-Arvidsson
Holloway-Henrique-Lavoie
Janmark-Pederson-Brown
Perry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad