Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Mattias Janmark re-signs with the Oilers (3 years, $1.45M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Brown was ACL surgery. Think it was Ferraro who said it took him several months before he felt comfortable skating at full strength again from the same procedure.
Thanks for clearing that up. That is also very difficult to recover from quickly.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Good signing. Janny was always an awesome defensive player for the Oil. But showed clutch ability in the playoffs. Offense only comes in rare spurts, but when he’s running hot he can look super skilled out there. Fights anyone willing to for the honor of his teammates. He deserves this raise.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Janmark is such a likable player, every time I catch a game be it when he played in Edmonton, Vegas or Stars he was always really good - clearly I only see him when he plays well because I just dont get why he couldnt fetch a lil bit more money.

So what am I missing? Inconsistancy? or something else?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He actually went through waivers the year before last at $1.25 million.

Meanwhile, there is always some buttplug like Lomberg getting $2 million for nothing.

The NHL has a lot of bizarre decision making.
I know I wanted him back on the Hawks. I firmly believe if his name was Matthew Jones he'd have double the career earnings. He's just a rock solid bottom six utility knife. My favorite player is Tomas Kopecky and Janmark is in that rarified air.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad