Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Jeff Skinner signs with the Oilers (1 year, $3M)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Good to see Oilers add a lil muscle

0c99c2a83aa731ac29157438f1a3a615.jpg

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
My bet is that Skinner is traded at the deadline to move salary for another addition and is sent to a team that won't make the playoffs, thus continuing the streak.

Reactions: Regal

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
I'd worry more about signing Stephenson till '31 for 7 sheets a year. Yeesh.
Oooo burn 🔥 - guess what skinner still
Can’t play defense, so I don’t care about how bad that contract is in 4 years when 1/2 the team is in elcs for the kraken. Didn’t you just make the cup with Darnell nurse making 9 mil?!

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Since Hyman scored 50 goals, I'm not sure it's a great idea to add another scorer to that line.

I think that it's much likely that Skinner plays with Draisaitl, because Drai's line was seriously missing some finishing ability.

I also think that Kane needs to be on the 3rd line.
This is a good dilemma to have lol

The Oilers have more than enough talent to spread over 3 legit scoring lines

X - McDavid - Hyman
X - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Skinner - RNH - X

X: Holloway, McLeod, Perry, or Janmark

Reactions: PuckG

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Oooo burn 🔥 - guess what skinner still
Can’t play defense, so I don’t care about how bad that contract is in 4 years when 1/2 the team is in elcs for the kraken. Didn’t you just make the cup with Darnell nurse making 9 mil?!
Good thing the Oilers didn't bring him in for defense. Oilers need one-shot scorers, Skinner is exactly that.

Reactions: Oilhawks

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
That is cheap

Add in Arvidsson to get both him and Skinner at a combined $7m feels like a steal.

Draisaitl will finally get some better quality wingers at 5 v 5.

The Oilers forward group is stacked right now. If they can upgrade Ceci or pickup a legit top 4 RHD at the trade deadline, then they will be locked and loaded for a deep playoff run

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
He wins another lottery... Gets bought out and gets to play with the best player in the world which means he should produce enough to get another contract and make even more

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
At least he'll get to play in the playoffs finally.

“Almost swept”……funny I thought we lost 2-1 in Game 7…..but go with whatever narrative you want.
It's funny hearing that from a fan of a team that barely managed to stave off the worst collapse in NHL history with a reverse sweep. Nonsense way to spin his narrative.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think him and Arvidsson are great acquisitions. I do wonder how they re-sign Holloway who I found really played an important role in the final two series of the playoffs. Oilers don’t seem to have the cap space as of now.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
My bet is that Skinner is traded at the deadline to move salary for another addition and is sent to a team that won't make the playoffs, thus continuing the streak.
No way. Oilers don't operate like that. They made a pitch to Skinner that included him as part of the picture for a Cup Run, they will honor their word.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad