Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Jeff Skinner signs with the Oilers (1 year, $3M)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ijuka

May 14, 2016
If Janmark re-signs

Skinner - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Janmark - RNH - Brown
Holloway - McLeod - Perry
Ryan
Since Hyman scored 50 goals, I'm not sure it's a great idea to add another scorer to that line.

I think that it's much likely that Skinner plays with Draisaitl, because Drai's line was seriously missing some finishing ability.

I also think that Kane needs to be on the 3rd line.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
If Janmark re-signs

Skinner - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Janmark - RNH - Brown
Holloway - McLeod - Perry
Ryan
Probably. But Having Janmark and Brown over Holloway feels wrong.

Skinner McDavid Hyman
Holloway Leon Arvidsson
Kane Nuge Lavoie/Perry
Janmark McLeod Brown
Ryan

D looks suspicious. Who goes of Ceci and Kulak? Because they wont trade Nurse... or?

Could be something

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I changed my mind. But it really feels like they will go with Nuge as 3C. But I honestly feels like Henrique is a better fot for a 3C here.
He might be but the addition of Skinner is too significant to pass up. I think Nuge having a defined 3C and defensive role going into the summer will be good for his preparation

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Skinner could have scored that one goal they need in game 7

Or at least share the blame with his twin on the bad goal

Win win all around

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I'll wait on the figures but what they really needed was a middle pair dman. They are really screwed if ekholm loses a notch due to age., but they need a mid pair dman regardless of what happens to ekholm's game.
Probably but then again maybe Broberg takes a small step next year.

On paper, and probably in real life, the Oilers have the best top 9 with some depth now.

Skinner on a 3rd line with Hollaway and McLeod has speed to burn.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Debatable, what isn’t debatable is who is a better all round player.
Debatable? Not really as 2 years ago Skinner had 35 goals and the year before that, 33. We'll see if he can adapt to the Oilers system or not but lets not forget he was brought in to provide depth scoring and is also on just a 1 year contract ! No offense but I'm not sure the Oilers should have wasted $5.5/per on a multi year deal for DeBrusk as he's been an inconsistent point producer. :dunno:

Reactions: Oilhawks

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I really don't think Skinner is going to see much of a bump in his production that others are predicting. He always does his own thing out there on the ice. Probably would drive McDavid crazy if they're on the same line.
Idk he got 40 with eichel and that will upset McDavid if he can't top it so 60 from Skinner so McDavid can prove a point

• Haha
Reactions: HabsQC

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
He might be but the addition of Skinner is too significant to pass up. I think Nuge having a defined 3C and defensive role going into the summer will be good for his preparation
The grittyness of henrique is a better fit for a 3C than Nuges "outsmarting" style.

There are some Kane rumblings, Who are those?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Probably. But Having Janmark and Brown over Holloway feels wrong.

Skinner McDavid Hyman
Holloway Leon Arvidsson
Kane Nuge Lavoie/Perry
Janmark McLeod Brown
Ryan

D looks suspicious. Who goes of Ceci and Kulak? Because they wont trade Nurse... or?

Could be something
Ceci needs to go. Kulak always plays well in the playoffs and he can actually move the puck and isn't terrible on puck retrievals like Ceci is. Ceci out should give them enough money to find a replacement.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad