Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Connor Brown re-signs with the Oilers (1 year, $1M)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yeah, 1mil seems like quite a steal to me.

Him making 3mil in bonuses doesn't have anything to do with this contract, by the way. He would be paid that regardless. That's no reason for him to accept a discount, and if it is the reason, his agent should be fired.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Brown said he didn’t want to leave, so props to him for taking less to make it happen.

I can’t help but think he legitimately might have signed this, at least to some extent, because of the fans giving him a 2 minute standing ovation when he finally got a goal this year.

“It meant a lot,“ Brown told reporters after the game. “You play in a big market like this, they’re aware of the storylines. It means a lot. It’s been a struggle this year, offensively. I haven’t been able to get one to go. For their support to shine through there, they’re rooting for me, it was a good feeling.”

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He said his heart was here in Edmonton. It goes both ways. We love Brownie. Glad to have him back.

When he had his goal less drought I said at the time that crappy bonus could be mitigated if he showed well to end the year. He did exactly that and now we get him back at a discount to make this contract a huge Win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad