Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Adam Henrique re-signs with the Oilers (2 years, $3M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I’m sure Connor and Leon won’t like it because they are wired differently, but the Oilers have the type of depth that they can bring down both of their TOI by 2 mins per game during the regular season.
People who don’t watch the oilers or pay attention to the oilers should try asking questions first instead of showing they don’t know what they’re talking about.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Agreed although a good second pair would go along way in fending off other contenders in 24-25. Hell I would say if they had a competent second pairing they likely get past the Canucks in 5 games which may have preserved Draisaitl/Kane enough to be more effective in the SCF.
Not that I disagree, but the Canucks were lucky to have it go as long as they did with the bounces they had and Silovs standing on his head. That series likely goes a lot quicker next time around.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Kulak-Ceci is an outstanding bottom pair.

Crazy how the Oilers were top 10 in goals against last season despite the worst D and goalie evar! :laugh::laugh:
Lies!
IMG_2217.jpeg

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Holy f*** what a stacked forward group, even when assuming that Kane is gone.

The D is mid though. Great top pairing with a garbage bottom 4.
The 2nd pair is certainly the weakness on the roster. But even with that said, the same d-core was one of the best defensive teams in the league under their current coach last season.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I’m sure Connor and Leon won’t like it because they are wired differently, but the Oilers have the type of depth that they can bring down both of their TOI by 2 mins per game during the regular season.

At this point those two would absolutely buy into that, the Oilers will need them more rested for the next run.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I agree he looked good. But that's a very small sample size to trust in.

Also the rental RD market looks iffy this coming season

Larsson (who won't waive for edmonton)
Ekblad (who, in order to get to the cap hit edmonton needs is going to cost a fortune as well as being unlikely to be sold by a contender)
View attachment 891159

So your best bet is what? Pionk? 34 year old Savard? (also, I think MTL might just be able to turn this RHD market into a 1st with savard).

Do you really want to have to pay a 1st round pick to get David Savard, who I'm not sure is much better than Cody Ceci himself.

I think Adam Larsson would waive actually. The Oilers team he left was not anywhere near this good, they were losing in round 1 not a team that went to game 7 of a Cup Final and just upgraded the roster again. Larsson's good friend Klefbom was retiring, but now they are a legit Cup contender and destination for players who want to win and have brought in several other Swedish players like Ekholm, Janmark, Arvidsson, Broberg.

He got his little break in Seattle, but if they're not a playoff team again and if there was a trade for Edmonton on the table I think he would waive. He still vacations with Draisaitl and is friends with McDavid.

Reactions: Ragdoll

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
First time ever in the mcdrai era that they actually have a good team on paper.

Skinner still the weak link in goal and bottom 4 d aren’t great but every team has weaknesses

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad