Proposal: EDM | CHI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Puljujarvi for Dach

Don't think EDM will be able to afford Puljujarvi in the offseason with Nurses extension kicking in + the need for a legit goalie. Dach seems to be having a pedestrian season for CHI and maybe a change of scenery with him coming back to his hometown would kick start him

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Chicago would never do that. He’s their future lynchpin down the middle. I love Puljujarvi, but they’d be silly to deal a center like Dach for a winger.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
seems a little bit of a pointless trade and the Oilers don't need another center. Oilers decline !

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
honestly and realistically i would love to see him in a trade for tuch and thompson, those 2 would secure our top 2 lines on the rw and could work with buffalo on salary dump not only that it gives buff complete control over signing JP long term. i like JP and think he mightve changed his mind about playing in edmonton but at the end of the day if he doesnt want to sign for under 5 for a minimum of 5-6yrs then id say we need to trade him.

I agree with everyone else i dont think Chicago does this at all unless we made it a bigger trade and included holloway.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't know if Dach is even better than JP, but yes, the Oilers take this. Big body center that can be physically dominant? Yep. That's a need.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
honestly and realistically i would love to see him in a trade for tuch and thompson, those 2 would secure our top 2 lines on the rw and could work with buffalo on salary dump not only that it gives buff complete control over signing JP long term. i like JP and think he mightve changed his mind about playing in edmonton but at the end of the day if he doesnt want to sign for under 5 for a minimum of 5-6yrs then id say we need to trade him.

I agree with everyone else i dont think Chicago does this at all unless we made it a bigger trade and included holloway.

Tuch and Thompson? Did you know that both guys are bigger than Puljujarvi, and not much older? Thompson has 30 points and is from the same 2016 draft class, why would the Sabres trade him alone for Puljujarvi? And Tuch is a really special player, who coincidentally is currently point per game. I'm not sure if JP has the value to get one of them.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Tuch and Thompson? Did you know that both guys are bigger than Puljujarvi, and not much older? Thompson has 30 points and is from the same 2016 draft class, why would the Sabres trade him alone for Puljujarvi? And Tuch is a really special player, who coincidentally is currently point per game. I'm not sure if JP has the value to get one of them.

Yeah there's no chance we get Tuch for Puljujarvi... there may be a chance to get Dach which is why I proposed the trade (struggling player but has potential). He's on pace for less than 30 points while getting top 6 mins + 2nd PP time and sounds like Hawks fans are frustrated with him.
Obviously if this was a no cap world the Oilers would just hang on to Puljujarvi but realistically they can't afford to pay him and Dach would be a great gamble to take IMO

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
i said in a deal i never said jp alone smh, reread before you start bitching me out.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
also only thompson is bigger than JP but that aside, you would trade roughly JP, 23 1st, barrie, yamo, a prospect and probably another higher pick like another 1st just solely for the fact that both are signed next year and tuch even longer.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I’d do it.

Maybe Chiarelli would too if Chicago hired him.

Can you imagine Holland and Chia making a trade .

Holland I will give you a 1st for Strome .
Chia No I want Koskinen and will pay to get him . Strome + your pick back from the Keith trade + our 2nd
Holland not thats too much let me include our 1st to even it out
Chia Keep your first and included Russell . I can add if need be .
Holland . I like me an old broken d we have a deal if you include Seabrook .

Fax the paper work into the NHL .

Oops the trade deadline end 20 minutes ago . We will have to visit it in the off season .

Holland . At my age I like me some time off in the summer get back to me in September . Chia oh . I start my holidays in September .Holland , Thats fine let revisit in in October .

October Chia ... Do we still have a deal for Koskinen ? Holland . Do we have a Koskinen ? Chia doesn't matter I will pay you anyways . Holland ....no it my bad I will pay you .

Jumping to the end both teams end up worse after they make a trade

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Can you imagine Holland and Chia making a trade .

Holland I will give you a 1st for Strome .
Chia No I want Koskinen and will pay to get him . Strome + your pick back from the Keith trade + our 2nd
Holland not thats too much let me include our 1st to even it out
Chia Keep your first and included Russell . I can add if need be .
Holland . I like me an old broken d we have a deal if you include Seabrook .

Fax the paper work into the NHL .

Oops the trade deadline end 20 minutes ago . We will have to visit it in the off season .

Holland . At my age I like me some time off in the summer get back to me in September . Chia oh . I start my holidays in September .Holland , Thats fine let revisit in in October .

October Chia ... Do we still have a deal for Koskinen ? Holland . Do we have a Koskinen ? Chia doesn't matter I will pay you anyways . Holland ....no it my bad I will pay you .

Jumping to the end both teams end up worse after they make a trade

[continued from McSuper's post]

November Chia: done deal great working with you.
Holland: good man good man I'll put in a rec for you whenever you need a job again.
Chia: cheers to the old boy's club!
Holland: to the old boy's club! Hip hip hooray!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
also only thompson is bigger than JP but that aside, you would trade roughly JP, 23 1st, barrie, yamo, a prospect and probably another higher pick like another 1st just solely for the fact that both are signed next year and tuch even longer.

Tuch is filled out and JP isn't. 6'4 220 vs 6'4 200. Much more of a physical presence, in that rare high end power forward mold with Anderson and Wilson.

Edit: Your offer adds up to a lot of value but I don't think there's much reason for Buffalo to make that trade, they're better off building around the big boys.

Last edited:

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
The Blackhawks desperately need Dach to be better than Puljujarvi. I don't really think he will be but the Hawks need Dach to be at least a solid #2C. And we all know C > W by a large margin.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
I d take it from Edmontons side. I haven’t watched very much of Dach but I know what Edmonton has in Puljujarvi and I would roll the dice on Dach.

Puljujarvi looks like he’ll only ever be a complementary piece at this point

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
i said in a deal i never said jp alone smh, reread before you start bitching me out.

I don't mean this in a snarky way but the chances of Buffalo moving Tuch anytime soon for something short of the moon is about 1%.
The local boy comes home, raves about wanting to be there. Puts up a ppg pace etc etc. I'm not talking about sheer value here obviously but you'd have a better chance of landing Dahlin than Tuch right now. It's just one of those worth more to our team than yours types of situation.

I'd listen on Tage Thompson however you'd be buying when his value is arguably at it's highest point given his actual NHL production this year and apparent newfound ability to play center.

All that aside I don't have much interest in PoolParty as a fit for our team anyways. You wanna talk Holloway, 1st's ect...now I'm at the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad