Proposal: Edm/Cgy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I don't see the potential in Yak anymore, the guy has a hockey toolbox of a brick.

The best bet for the Oilers is to hold onto him and pray that someone starts bouncing pucks off of his face and into the net.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
Yakapov for Wideman @50% plus 2017 4th

So 75% of goals are scored from 1/3 the shots in the High scoring chance area.
got counts vary from 7.50 to 13.50
meaning the best HSCA D give up 1/3 less goals than the worst HSCAD.

Strong HSCAD with low overall SA/60 play establishes an expected GA for dmen.
then goalie HSCA save % dictates the final GA/60.

Mac has a strong history of developing elite HSCAD.
Last year 2 Dmen took a step to top 60 HSCAD performance under Tmac.

Davidson:
2nd comp
top 30 HSCAD
top 40 27.05 SA/60
# 5 PKGA d

Klefbom
1st comp
Top 60 HSCAD
top 50 27.18 Sa/60 D
top 15 PKGA d

Fayne in 14-15
top 80 HSCA
#35 26.86 SA D
goalies had awful HSCA save%

Sekera
should never face 1st comp
bottom 20 HSCA D
bottom 60 Sa/60

Fayne and sekera were bottom 40 HSCAD last year against 1st comp

Schultz was bottom 15 HSCAD
Gryba and Reinhart was bottom 10 HSCAD
Nurse was the 2nd worst HSCAD in the league.

Calgary had 5 bottom 40 HSCAD last year.
Brodie and Giordano bottom 40
Engelland and Brussel bottom 20
Wiedman bottom 10 HSCAD
Hamilton was the 3rd worst HSCA D in the game last year.

PC said there were 15-17 #1 D in the game.

when you look at 1st comp
top 60 HSCA D
top 50 SA/60 D

you get 15-17 year to year.

The Edmonton traded Taylor Hall
for
Adam Larsson
toughest comp ZS since the 05 lockout
top 10 HSCA D
#8 Sa/60 D 25.08
#2 1.32 GA/60 D
#17 PKGA d

cup caliber teams have
1. top 10 HSCA save% goalies
2. 3+ top 60 HSCA D
3. effective offensive forward pairs.

bringing in a bottom 20 HSC AAD is what PC is trying to avoid.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
I remember when that trade went down and everyone ripped Mac T.

You never hear about Smid anymore....

Interesting stat, I know Ladi isn't a offensive guy or anything but he has only scored 1 goal in his career with Calgary.

So you would be one of those people that thinK Dmen are important to offence.

when looking at even goals.
260 forwards score equal or better EVGF than the top 30 off d.

270 forwards generate squalor better evp than the top 30 Dmen.

looking at Even production
Forward evg/60 .65
Forward EVA1/60 .51
Forward EVA2/60 .41
D men EVA2/60 .31
D men EVA1/60 .25
D men EVG/60 .17

the more directly involved in off play a man is the less likely a goal will be scored.
.65/.17 = 3.8 times more effective.

All that a D man should be doing is getting the puck into the hands of the players that are more efficient at getting goals.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I don't see the potential in Yak anymore, the guy has a hockey toolbox of a brick.

The best bet for the Oilers is to hold onto him and pray that someone starts bouncing pucks off of his face and into the net.

You havent been following very closely. Oilers have misused him. He's going to score goals in the NHL. I hope its with the Oilers. Hate to see another Miro Satan situation.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
You havent been following very closely. Oilers have misused him. He's going to score goals in the NHL. I hope its with the Oilers. Hate to see another Miro Satan situation.

I don't really buy that, outside of a good last month to his rookie year when the pressure was off, he's been underwhelming and under multiple coaches.

His problem is he doesn't see the ice very well, and doesn't see the open spaces.

He's a guy who's a good skater with a good shot, but everything else about him is underwhelming.

I do like his effort level though. But he's handicapped by his underwhelming hockey sense.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016

Forward evg/60 .65
Forward EVA1/60 .51
Forward EVA2/60 .41
D men EVA2/60 .31
D men EVA1/60 .25
D men EVG/60 .17

the more directly involved in off play a man is the less likely a goal will be scored.

All that a D man should be doing is getting the puck into the hands of the players that are more efficient at getting goals.

You basically just said dmen are important to offense. If you don't have that good first pass / breakout = less offense for the forwards. If the forwards have to go back and break it out themselves / fight for dump outs off the glass less offense

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
No thanks to Yakupov, there are rumours that the Flames are going after Hoffman, would rather have Hoffman, I would always take a Canadian over Russian in the NHL(assuming the skill level is close).

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I don't really buy that, outside of a good last month to his rookie year when the pressure was off, he's been underwhelming and under multiple coaches.

His problem is he doesn't see the ice very well, and doesn't see the open spaces.

He's a guy who's a good skater with a good shot, but everything else about him is underwhelming.

I do like his effort level though. But he's handicapped by his underwhelming hockey sense.

Brett Hull did just fine with limited ice vision. Give Yak dome PP time and let him wind up. Kid ix gonna score

When is the Parade

Grand Marshall
Nov 30, 2008
104th Avenue NW
I would honestly deal Wideman at 1.5 retained, a 2nd for Yak.

And that is why you are selling shoes and not running a NHL franchise. Have any of you considered what exactly the Flames do with Yakupov when he repeats his performance in Edmonton and has to be qualified at $2.5 million plus? They just let a better hockey player walk rather than pay him that, so it is likely they do the same with Crapupov. Yeah, you just flushed a good 2nd pick down the crapper for nothing.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
And that is why you are selling shoes and not running a NHL franchise. Have any of you considered what exactly the Flames do with Yakupov when he repeats his performance in Edmonton and has to be qualified at $2.5 million plus? They just let a better hockey player walk rather than pay him that, so it is likely they do the same with Crapupov. Yeah, you just flushed a good 2nd pick down the crapper for nothing.

This past year we drafted we drafted Dube and Parsons. Last year it was McDonald and Andersson. All are fine prospects, yet not a single one is guaranteed to play a single NHL game. Even Klimchuk and Poirier, former 1st round picks look promising, but are non are locks to be anything special.

Basically, your gambling a player like one of those mentioned above for Yakupov find his game here. I like that risk, and while I realize Wideman is a useful dman, I'd much rather prefer to take a chance on Yak.

And hey, what's wrong with the shoe business? :sarcasm:

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Brett Hull did just fine with limited ice vision. Give Yak dome PP time and let him wind up. Kid ix gonna score

Bret Hull had a pretty good IQ he knew where the scoring areas are and he consistently found the seams on the ice

Nail doesn't he's more then likely to either be indecisive or skate into the boards.

I just don't see him blossoming into some top 6 player anymore. Hey to be fair I could be wrong, but the potential label is becoming a iron weight for the kid.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Bret Hull had a pretty good IQ he knew where the scoring areas are and he consistently found the seams on the ice

Nail doesn't he's more then likely to either be indecisive or skate into the boards.

I just don't see him blossoming into some top 6 player anymore. Hey to be fair I could be wrong, but the potential label is becoming a iron weight for the kid.

We'll see on it...likely in an Oilers uniform.
I bet it's Lucic/McDavid/Yakupov on a line

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
So 75% of goals are scored from 1/3 the shots in the High scoring chance area.
got counts vary from 7.50 to 13.50
meaning the best HSCA D give up 1/3 less goals than the worst HSCAD.

Strong HSCAD with low overall SA/60 play establishes an expected GA for dmen.
then goalie HSCA save % dictates the final GA/60.

Mac has a strong history of developing elite HSCAD.
Last year 2 Dmen took a step to top 60 HSCAD performance under Tmac.

Davidson:
2nd comp
top 30 HSCAD
top 40 27.05 SA/60
# 5 PKGA d

Klefbom
1st comp
Top 60 HSCAD
top 50 27.18 Sa/60 D
top 15 PKGA d

Fayne in 14-15
top 80 HSCA
#35 26.86 SA D
goalies had awful HSCA save%

Sekera
should never face 1st comp
bottom 20 HSCA D
bottom 60 Sa/60

Fayne and sekera were bottom 40 HSCAD last year against 1st comp

Schultz was bottom 15 HSCAD
Gryba and Reinhart was bottom 10 HSCAD
Nurse was the 2nd worst HSCAD in the league.

Calgary had 5 bottom 40 HSCAD last year.
Brodie and Giordano bottom 40
Engelland and Brussel bottom 20
Wiedman bottom 10 HSCAD
Hamilton was the 3rd worst HSCA D in the game last year.

PC said there were 15-17 #1 D in the game.

when you look at 1st comp
top 60 HSCA D
top 50 SA/60 D

you get 15-17 year to year.

The Edmonton traded Taylor Hall
for
Adam Larsson
toughest comp ZS since the 05 lockout
top 10 HSCA D
#8 Sa/60 D 25.08
#2 1.32 GA/60 D
#17 PKGA d

cup caliber teams have
1. top 10 HSCA save% goalies
2. 3+ top 60 HSCA D
3. effective offensive forward pairs.

bringing in a bottom 20 HSC AAD is what PC is trying to avoid.

Lost in the numbers and trying to understand what your point is but are you trying to say that

Larsson > Davidson > Klefbom > Brodie/Giordano/Fayne > Engalland/Russell/Sekara > Schultz > Wideman/Gryba/Reinhart > Hamilton > Nurse

Dispute the value of the OP for sure... even Flames fans are saying Wideman plus a 4th even with 50% retention is not enough to get Yak however...Wideman would give the oilers a big right hand shot from the point which is an identified hole in the oilers roster and at 50% would be valued appropriately.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014

Forward evg/60 .65
Forward EVA1/60 .51
Forward EVA2/60 .41
D men EVA2/60 .31
D men EVA1/60 .25
D men EVG/60 .17

Offensive and Defensive systems in Hockey are based on 6 players of which usually 3 are forwards, 2 are defense and 1 goalie. So yes Dmen are a vital component to an offense and Forwards are a vital component to Defense.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'd do a lot to get rid of Wideman. When he's not scoring, he's not doing much else. This is how he drew the ire of the Flames faithful this year.

Apparently management still sees him as part of the solution; as a 5:6 he should be fine.

Aug 21, 2014
No thanks to Yakupov, there are rumours that the Flames are going after Hoffman, would rather have Hoffman, I would always take a Canadian over Russian in the NHL(assuming the skill level is close).

Rather have Yakupov than the Hoff. Yak would be cheaper both salary wise and cost to acquire. Hoff would cost significant assets and be a 6mAAV+ player. I'd rather save that money for Bennett and Tkachuk when they deserve it.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I think I'd feel OK with

Fayne

FOR

Wideman

No thanks, at least with Wideman if the Flames can't move him its one and done. Fayne has two years left, and it makes no sense to pay him to either be a bottom pairing guy or sitting in the press box.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Absolutely zero interest in Fayne. He has less value than Wideman.

Hoffman would be ideal. If only he shot right. I think he'll sign for around 5. If Brad can move Smid, Stajan, or Wideman we could fit him in.

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
A deal like this makes perfect sense to me. Flames need to dump wideman, and it would be nice to replace colbourne on backlunds wing. Realistically wideman is a dump and a 2nd is a fair price for yakupov, so oilers get a offensive d they can hopefully dump for a pick at the deadline + a 2nd, so call it two 2nds for yak, and flames get a former first overall who backlund can make look like a stud.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Would rather sign Wiz to a 1 year deal. Make sure to offer him more than anyone else does so he actually signs. If he sucks he sucks. Wideman sucks too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad