Proposal: EDM/ANA

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Nurse is not a good fit for the Ducks current and future roster.

If you want Gibson I think the Ducks could trade him at 50% retained if they wanted to, but not as a dump. If they arent going to get anything of value then they should just keep him.

hockeyguy0022

Feb 20, 2016
Nurse isn't worth anything... less than nothing, because of his contract, he's not even an NHL caliber player.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Spending $3M on Nurse until 2030 to play for another team just seems like a non-starter for the Oilers. And even at $3M retained, he's still too expensive and a bad fit for what the Ducks are trying to build anyway.

Effectively makes Gibson a $9.4M goaltender...and with lingering costs on Nurse retention even beyond that. It's just basically untenable, especially since the Oilers would still need to at least find someone to replace Nurse and his minutes in the lineup. Which isn't necessarily going to be cheap or easy. That's probably at least another $4M on top of the $3M retention on Nurse. Any way you frame it, just looks ridiculous and basically impossible to work around.

I think Edmonton are really just stuck with Nurse. It's arguably the absolute worst contract in the entire league right now...and probably for a quite a while into the foreseeable future.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
It's 6.25 champ maybe keep up before getting excited with the post button
It doesn’t change the situation at all. It’s the 6 years that make this a complete non starter.

The Ducks can take any contract they want as long as it’s 2 or less years.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
There are a lot of reasons why this one isn't happening but I'll offer one that hasn't been mentioned yet. Gibson has a NTC and it's highly doubtful he wants anything to do with the Canadian media circus. If he did, he would have been dealt to Toronto years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad