Proposal: Edm/Ana

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
why would either team do this?
if you made this proposal because of what Klefbom said re: Hall trade, then please just stop.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
nah. the ducks have lindholm, fowler, depres, theodore and larsson on the left side.

mytduxfan*

Klef + Fayne

For

Vats + Despres

Have at it

And this addresses our need for a 1st line LW how exactly?

All this does is help EDMs weak RD side and lack of a PP QB, an area we're not particularly strong in either.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton

Id imagine it was, how is it that he interviews so well in English but all of a sudden he's full of himself....doesn't make sense.

As for the actual topic. Edmonton loses the better dman, while gaining, while both good dmen, 2 lesser dmen. Oilers need more high end not more quantity, however good that quantity is. ANH become super LHD heavy by doing this as well unless they trade Fowler for a RHD. Doesn't really make sense for either team IMO.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Puljujarvi for Vatanen. Keep it simple, value for value, low cap hit to low cap hit. Edmonton needs defense, Anaheim offense.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
No way in hell does Anaheim do this.

Vatanen isn't getting traded. Not after his extension, and the way it was announced to fans. I personally think he's more expendable than Fowler, but clearly Murray feels differently.

mytduxfan*

Puljujarvi for Vatanen. Keep it simple, value for value, low cap hit to low cap hit. Edmonton needs defense, Anaheim offense.

Pass. We're a win now team. I don't even rate Pul.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Pass. We're a win now team. I don't even rate Pul.

Just curious...has GMBM ever said the Ducks are a "win now" team or is that just a fan fiction? I think if he were asked he would say that his goal is to be competitive every year.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Just curious...has GMBM ever said the Ducks are a "win now" team or is that just a fan fiction? I think if he were asked he would say that his goal is to be competitive every year.

Not sure if he's ever said it, but if you read between the lines, it most certainly appears he views us that way.

You don't hire Carlyle to replace Boudreau if you're a "retooling" or "rebuilding" team. You don't pass on a young promising candidate in Green either. It's pretty clear that he thinks Carlyle will be better at coaching in the playoffs.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Not sure if he's ever said it, but if you read between the lines, it most certainly appears he views us that way.

You don't hire Carlyle to replace Boudreau if you're a "retooling" or "rebuilding" team. You don't pass on a young promising candidate in Green either. It's pretty clear that he thinks Carlyle will be better at coaching in the playoffs.

The day he starts trading top prospects and #1 picks for aging veterans is the day I'll believe that he is in "win now" mode.

mytduxfan*

The day he starts trading top prospects and #1 picks for aging veterans is the day I'll believe that he is in "win now" mode.

That's the sign of a stupid GM, not the sign you're a team in win now mode.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
That's the sign of a stupid GM, not the sign you're a team in win now mode.

what are the signs that a team is in "win now" mode then? It can't possibly be that their 3 highest paid players are 31-32 years old because that would mean 1/2 the league is in "win now" mode. So what signs should I be looking for?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad