EdJovanovski’s Second Annual Draft Rankings

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Satan to Montreal and then run the 2 first round slovaks on line 1 - they are about 13 feet tall combined in height and probably 450 pounds.

Mind you, I think Satan is closer to a 7th rounder.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Satan to Montreal and then run the 2 first round slovaks on line 1 - they are about 13 feet tall combined in height and probably 450 pounds.

I think he's a massive wild card who could be taken much earlier than expected because of being a 6'7 center who's only played hockey for 5 years and whose father is a HHOF player

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think he's a massive wild card who could be taken much earlier than expected because of being a 6'7 center who's only played hockey for 5 years and whose father is a HHOF player
It makes sense... I agree on wildcard! Just not sure about round 1. But, as an Oil fan, if he is around late in draft and we take a 'boom or bust' pick on him, I'd be thrilled.

However, I'd be really happy for Slovakia if he went early and became a huge star.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Stop, this sounds like something the Habs would actually do

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
32. Tyler Thorpe F, Vancouver Giants - WHL
Rempe-lite. In every way, from playstyle, to looks, to size, to funloving personality. He is the first player to adopt “Rempe theory” in his game

I'm probably the biggest Tyler Thorpe booster here, but Tyler Thorpe had is 3 inches shorter and had 0 fights last year. Odd comparison.

Thorpe is more of a Tage Thompson scenario where you're hoping that maybe the shot and physical tools really hook up.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Well done! You sir a are master propagandist, and that in itself must be applauded! Spread a little truth amongst a litany of falsehoods and you have everyone wondering if this is for real or not.

I eagerly look forward to next year's list!

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I'm probably the biggest Tyler Thorpe booster here, but Tyler Thorpe had is 3 inches shorter and had 0 fights last year. Odd comparison.

Thorpe is more of a Tage Thompson scenario where you're hoping that maybe the shot and physical tools really hook up.
I suppose Rempe has made his name for himself through all the crazy hits, fights, etc but as the biggest Rempe fan on HF lol, I do believe he has potential for more than that. So definitely not saying that I see Thorpe as some goon, just stylistically I just think they look alike in their skating at their sizes & stick handling. A lot of Thorpe highlights & goals remind me a lot of Rempe's in the dub, Thorpe is barely talked about anywhere but from what I've seen of him and just his size and raw tools I think he should be ranked far higher than he is

Reactions: DonDa

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I suppose Rempe has made his name for himself through all the crazy hits, fights, etc but as the biggest Rempe fan on HF lol, I do believe he has potential for more than that. So definitely not saying that I see Thorpe as some goon, just stylistically I just think they look alike in their skating at their sizes & stick handling. A lot of Thorpe highlights & goals remind me a lot of Rempe's in the dub, Thorpe is barely talked about anywhere but from what I've seen of him and just his size and raw tools I think he should be ranked far higher than he is

Thorpe is absolutely a victim of the overage stupidity where if he was born on September 20 2015 instead of August 11 he would be turning up 100 spots higher on lists.

But Thorpe is a big skill player with a wicked shot and not much of a physical element and is never going to profile into a 4th line neo-enforcer like Rempe.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Not sure if troll list or not, but if it's not I'm curious what you think of Yakemchuk?

I love him and he'd be high on my list but he's not in yours at all.
That's because Takemchuk doesn't sound Russian enough, if his name was Yakemsov he be a lock for top 3 eh.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I think Carolina studied my list
Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 7.15.48 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: Pazucha and Realgud

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Posted on wrong board originally

1. Ivan Demidov RW/C, SKA St. Petersburg - MHL
He captures the mysterious allure of Russian prospects of hockeys past. He’s a true throwback to the Soviet Union. Ever seen this guy wearing a pair of jeans? Nyet. Tracksuits only. He is from a bygone era and is as Russian as it gets. In this era of minimal scouting in Russia, he has gone under the radar and would be a clear first overall talent in most years. He has a sophisticated palate and an appreciation for aesthetics of the game.

2. Tij Iginla F, Kelowna Rockets - WHL
Hard nosed, honest hockey. He plays the game the right way, the Anti-McDavid of sorts. He respects the game and those that came before him, he doesn’t showboat and is a future captain. He plays a power forward game but don’t underestimate his skill, he stick handles and toe drags around multiple opponents with ease.

3. Macklin Celebrini C, Boston Univ. - NCAA
A great talent who produced very well in the NCAA, but he is very nervous in interviews and I could see a Kakko-like floor for him because of his timid nature. His surname sounds like a celebration but he’s not the type who likes surprises or being the center of attention, he is not a social butterfly and he may never spread his wings at the NHL level. He has an otherworldly lack of aesthetics, just look at this sock tuck:
View attachment 884835

4. Anton Silayev D, Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod - KHL
6'7 207 and skates like the wind, all the tools in the world. In the aesthetics department he has excellent upper maxillary development with great under-eye support. He was destined for greatness.
5. Trevor Connelly LW, Tri City Storm - USHL
6. Igor Chernyshov LW, Dynamo Moskva - KHL
7. Berkly Catton F, Spokane Chiefs - WHL
8. Zayne Parekh D, Saginaw Spirit - OHL
9. Beckett Sennecke RW, Oshawa Generals - OHL
10. Nikita Artamonov RW/LW, Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod - KHL
11. Cayden Lindstrom D, Medicine Hat Tigers - WHL
12. Stian Solberg D, Vålerenga - Norway
13. Artyom Levshunov D, Michigan State Univ. - NCAA
Wish he played in KHL/MHL instead of defecting. He is a Benedict Arnold.
14. Andrew Basha F, Medicine Hat Tigers - WHL
15. Cole Eiserman LW, USNDTP
16. Liam Greentree RW, Windsor Spitfires - OHL
17. Terik Parascak RW, Prince George Cougars - WHL
18. Timur Kol D, Avangard Omsk - KHL
Peak aesthetics
19. Zeev Buium D, Univ. of Denver - NCAA
20. Adam Jiricek D, HC Plzeň - Czechia
21. Sam Dickinson D, London Knights - OHL
22. Cole Hutson D, USNDTP
23 Artyom Shcuchinov D, Traktor Chelyabinsk - KHL
24. Tanner Howe F, Regina Pats - WHL
25. Yegor Surin C/RW, Lokomotiv Yaroslavl - KHL
26. Kirill Zarubin G, AKM Tula - MHL
27. Justin Poirier RW, Baie-Comeau Drakkar - QMJHL
An underrated undersized forward who scored the most goals in a QMJHL season since none other than Sid the Kid himself
28. Miroslav Satan Jr. C, HC Slovan Bratislava U20 - Slovakia U20
He will go much higher than anyone expects, only been playing for 5 years. God given talent!
29. Kevin He LW, Niagara Ice Dogs - OHL
Plays like young Ovi. Great speed and runs over people, excellent shot
30. Gabriel Eliasson D, HV71 - J20 Nationell
31. Anthony Romani C/RW, North Bay Battalion - OHL
“Overager” who is still only 18 and just scored over 110pts in an OHL season
32. Tyler Thorpe F, Vancouver Giants - WHL
Rempe-lite. In every way, from playstyle, to looks, to size, to funloving personality. He is the first player to adopt “Rempe theory” in his game

Honorable mentions who will be STEALS:
Ignat Lutfullin LW, SKA-1946 St. Petersburg - MHL
Undrafted last year, continues to dominate the MHL
Max Plante C, USNDTP
Andrei Krutov LW/RW, Chaika Nizhny Novgorod, MHL
Alexander Siratsky D, Metallurg Magnitogorsk, KHL
Ryder Boulton F, London Knights, OHL
Arsen Taimazov D, Irbis Kazan, MHL
Capitals got 3 of top 32. Sweet.

Ad

Upcoming events