Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Sweeney has the opportunity of a lifetime this offseason to take this team to the next level. With somewhere between $20-25 mil.of capspace ( Ullmark trade included ) it can be done. What I am hoping for is a Necas acquisition and a FA signing of either Lindholm/Stephenson. I also hope that Debrusk is resigned. To make that happen the Bruins will likely have to move someone like Coyle or Zacha, I doubt that happens but I can dream. The goaltending with Swayman and our D is good enough, we just need to seriously upgrade our Center position.
Keep coyle and zacha thats some serious depth.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I doubt anyone really expected the Bruins would win a cup this year. They beat the Leafs and most doubted they would beat the Panthers which came to fruition. The lack of finish and the poor breakouts was totally noticeable in both series. These are issues Sweeney has to fix or he should hit the road.
B's D had issues cleanly breaking out.

Reactions: Dreghorn2

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
You have the most elite goaltending tandem in the NHL. A 50-goal scorer. Decent defense. Yes weak down the middle and short on anyone Top 6 material save JDB.

But you can easily steal a round (which they extremely luckily did). This series was ripe for the taking. Save Sway, we have more questions about top players' ability to elivate their games. A cupboard that is empty, few draft picks . . .I think Fenway said it in some manner, the future ain't exactly looking rosey.

Mngt has their work cut out for them and the last two years for me will be chalked up to missed opportunities with the goaltending we got.

On paper, the Leafs should be going into MSG next week riding high. Thanks to Keefe and injuries/illnesses, we were gifted an easy series win but couldn't just go and take that.

They played well for the fist 4-minutes last night then layed yet another home-ice ostrich egg.

"Exceded expectations" is a rationalization that rings hollow when it comes to the grind that is the NHL playoffs. You seize the moment, find that other gear, or you don't.
Totally agree about Leafs vs Boston.

Serpico

Aug 16, 2020
NYC
Imo what really screwed up Pasta and Marchand's production is they were forced to be the playmakers on their lines because the centers couldn't do the job. Why do you think Pasta and Marchand had so many assists all season.

Overall it was the board battles that killed us. It was constant bruins being pinned against the boards behind Bob and sending it to the other winger for him to be be jammed. Puck squirts loose and Panthers take it up ice. In our zone the panthers constantly beat the bruins to the puck on the boards and could get it back to their D and get a play going. Felt like the Panthers were on a PP when they got the cycle going.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
B's D had issues cleanly breaking out.
Bs were too slow reacting in the defensive end for the better part of the season. Sometimes they looked like world beaters but it was an issue in the play offs that stuck out like a sore thumb. No team is perfect and hockey is a game of mistakes. Bruins just seemed to react to pressure by either dumping the puck out which got picked off or making a bad pass. Panthers did the same just not as frequent.

Reactions: Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Bs were too slow reacting in the defensive end for the better part of the season. Sometimes they looked like world beaters but it was an issue in the play offs that stuck out like a sore thumb. No team is perfect and hockey is a game of mistakes. Bruins just seemed to react to pressure by either dumping the puck out which got picked off or making a bad pass. Panthers did the same just not as frequent.
U expect issues with Carlo, Perks and Forbort but McAvoy and Lindholm did it to often.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Imagine wanting to trade guys like chuck and pasta

lmao
Someone suggested Marner for Pasta.

:lol:

I like Marner. He's the leafs whipping boy.
Oddly though, when Matthews has a bad game it's also Marners fault
We have Pasta locked in long-term, Marner has a year left and likely will play out his year and go full UFA next summer to piss the leafs off in getting nothing in return.

Marner could eventually be a Bruin if he wants but he'd have to take a 4 million dollar paycut.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You'll be here next year cheering on another early exit talking about how fun the season was.

And I'll be here telling you I told you so.

As always.
And you will be on ignore so I won't hear you

Hope Maroon is back. Add some gritty speed in the bottom 6. Lots of guys can go, Sweeney and Monty among them, actually the whole coaching staff can go.
no thanks

Reactions: khanomcat

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
And you will be on ignore so I won't hear you

I doubt it.

You laugh at my pasta take but nothing is funnier than the following stats.

Last 3 years

27 games. 12 goals, 7 assist -1.

Worthy of that massive contract 🤣

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Agree about #27. Too weak with puck on stick and heard footsteps.
I think there were quite a few Bruins that heard footsteps in this series. The elephant in the room was the finish. Bruins just have a lot of straight forward players. They need a couple of forwards that can stick handle in a phone booth to set up goals.

Feb 25, 2016
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Imo what really screwed up Pasta and Marchand's production is they were forced to be the playmakers on their lines because the centers couldn't do the job. Why do you think Pasta and Marchand had so many assists all season.

Overall it was the board battles that killed us. It was constant bruins being pinned against the boards behind Bob and sending it to the other winger for him to be be jammed. Puck squirts loose and Panthers take it up ice. In our zone the panthers constantly beat the bruins to the puck on the boards and could get it back to their D and get a play going. Felt like the Panthers were on a PP when they got the cycle going.
This.
But also so many forwards handle the puck like a grenade. As soon as they’re pressured you know they’re gonna cough the puck up.

How many times early in game 6 did the puck die on Freddy’s stick? A few glorious chances wasted.

Pasta was guilty of tossing muffin passes to no one so many times last night/all series also.

Team did much better than I expected, so I’m happy for that. But got a lot of work to do.

Lindholm hopefully remembers how to play hockey this summer.
Lohrei takes a huge step and bumps McAvoy from pp1
Really liked Poitras/Brazeau coming out of nowhere and making impacts.
Curious if anyone from Providence will be sprinkled in. Bruins need some skill, Lysell seems to have what they’re missing.

Gonna be fun watching Rempe have a field day with Bennett/Tkachuk next series tho hah

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I don't think Lindholm will resign in Vancouver. I think it's expected he goes to free agency, especially with Vancouver already having two centers already on the team who have big salaries.

We'll see.

Most people felt Hanifin was a sure thing to come to Boston. Why trade for him when we can just get him as a free agent? How'd that work out?

And Lindholm is having an excellent playoff so far for Vancouver.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad