Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I took Friday off because I thought the game was Thursday and I was going to get absolutely pickled, but the game isn't until Friday.

Looks like I'm golfing Friday, swearing my ass off, getting drunk and then watching the game. Hopefully my swearing stops at the golf course.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
It wasn't even close! Florida with their phony GI antics and the diving is disrespectful to the game and needs to be sent packing, this isn't European football or the NBA, real men don't dive in the NHL!
The diving is driving me insane. It reminds me of the Habs in 2004.

I remember having the game NHL 06 and edited Mike Ribeiro’s player so he fought “often” but kept his toughness stats low…then I would beat the tar out of him with Nick Boynton three times a game :laugh:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I had class from 6 - 9 last night, so I-started watching on DVR around 9:15.

I did everything to avoid catching the score or any mention of the game. At about 9:50 my phone beeped and I instinctively looked at it and it was a friend with the message…..

“Well that sucked”.

I assumed the B’s lost on a late goal or something, so I just watched the game on fast forward and was really happy to see that they held on.

Turns out the message was about the town voting down a project at town meeting to build a recreation complex that he and I were hoping would get approved.

😂

Florida has been really aggressive on the penalty kill ,Bruins definitely need to move the puck quicker and just get more pucks at the net.

Shoot, shoot and shoot even more!

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Florida has been really aggressive on the penalty kill ,Bruins definitely need to move the puck quicker and just get more pucks at the net.
Has to be that they believe Boston can't move it fast enough and will cough pucks up for breakaways.

Still don't know how we won that game.

But, here we are.
Pretty even game as far as far as HDSC go.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Looking at this it appears that Heinen's left skate was in the crease. I thought that was a no-no??? :dunno:
From the NHL rulebook-

Rule 69 – Interference on the Goalkeeper 69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed

Good goal 🙂 I think the fact that Heiney was trying to get out of the crease and being blocked by OEL helped, Bob had time to reset

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
I'm wondering about the end of the game, when Bruins defenders were gassed and Monty didn't take a time out after we iced the puck. Was it take earlier and I missed it, or...?

Reactions: northeastern

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I am hoping that Brad can return but I also have my doubts. Just seeing him in the tunnel "bumping" the guys, they were so careful and it seemed like he was pretty fragile. I am glad they had his jersey hanging in the locker room and that he was there with them. Concussions are no joke, but the NHL is so serious about protecting against head shots, it really shows with player "safety" and their actions.

That he went to Florida, skated that morning, gave speeches, and was all around the game, speaks to how close his return is.

You don't do that with a bad head injury. You stay home and get better.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
From the NHL rulebook-

Rule 69 – Interference on the Goalkeeper 69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed

Good goal 🙂 I think the fact that Heiney was trying to get out of the crease and being blocked by OEL helped, Bob had time to reset

From the NHL rulebook-

If you watch the play, Heinen is out of the crease By the time mcAvoy shoots the puck. The only Thing interfering with the goal tender at that point is his own Teammates stick knocking his out of his hand.

One word Swayman!!!
As great as swayman played, The rest of the team played probably the best game of the series. Had it not been for bobrovski, The score could have been worse.

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I am hoping that Brad can return but I also have my doubts. Just seeing him in the tunnel "bumping" the guys, they were so careful and it seemed like he was pretty fragile. I am glad they had his jersey hanging in the locker room and that he was there with them. Concussions are no joke, but the NHL is so serious about protecting against head shots, it really shows with player "safety" and their actions.
I feel like Pasta was happy to extend the series so Brad could come back.

Reactions: BMC

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Heinen interferes with his skate but my guess on the final ruling is that he had just enough time to reset and attempt a save. Or maybe they thought OEL guided Heinen into Bob, or saw OEL knock the stick out of his hands and that was the focus of Maurice’s challenge…I don’t know how it works, they seem to screw this call up a lot.
the on TV ref confirmed back to the war room in Toronto that this was the reason. He was reset from anything Heinen had done. And then of course as you mention OEL knocked his stick out, which didn't matter by that point.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Without his stick.
IMO, both Bennett and McAvoy goal are questionable. But in no way, NHL could disallow 73 yesterday goal after allowing the Bennett goal the game before.
In the old days, both of these goals would have both counted, unquestionably. This would be true even if they had video review back then, which they didn't. So, both were called good goals on the ice.

Old time rules, on Bennet's goal, he was never in the crease, and he was never in contact with Sway. Old time rules, both of these would have had to happen. Whatever Coyle was doing stumbling over his own goalie was his own problem.

Old time rules, on McAvoy goal, Heinen was not in the crease when the puck entered the crease, and he was not in contact with Bob when the puck entered the crease. Whatever contact happened prior to these two things would not matter. Old time rules, both of these would have had to happen for no goal. It is important to note also that refs would blow the whistle and stop play, even without a goal, is a guy parked in the crease. Faceoff out in the neutral zone. These whistles didn't happen that often. But conceivably, in the old days, the ref could have killed the play even before McAvoy shot the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad