Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Great win. The team played like a team. Did not piss around getting the puck out of their zone.
Coyle and Heinen (??????) both were very physical tonite which was great to see.

Peeke and Watherspoon were both beasts as a pairing last night.

Still mystified as to the phantom whistle after Bobrovsky made a save and was totally out of position and didn't know where the puck was.:huh:
1715779845-picsay.jpg

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Wi
Great win. The team played like a team. Did not piss around getting the puck out of their zone.
Coyle and Heinen (??????) both were very physical tonite which was great to see.

Peeke and Watherspoon were both beasts as a pairing last night.

Still mystified as to the phantom whistle after Bobrovsky made a save and was totally out of position and didn't know where the puck was.:huh:
View attachment 871119With
With the Bruins about to score on the open net ,well maybe.lol

Reactions: nORRis8

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
It was clearly goalie interference IMO.Blatant make up call and I'm good with that. We have seen those goals overturned continually. Called a goal on the ice which helped.

Glad I’m not the only one that has a working set of eyes.

You can’t make contact with the goalie in the crease. Heinen made clear contact with his stick/skate into Bobs right leg. Bob then had to move and try to reset a second or two before the shot came.

“He had enough time to reset” Hilarious. He also couldn’t keep his original position, he had to move because of Heinen taking up his original spot in the crease.

You can’t enter the crease, make contact with the goalie and take away his original position to make the save. That is a wild opinion to have

That’s goalie interference all day in my view.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Well. Well now. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I didn't post much the final 10 minutes I was so freaked out sure they'd find a way to blow the game. Heart pounding & stomach churning like a butter production line. When the final horn sounded I let out my breath so loud you'd have thought it was a truck tire blowing up on the interstate. The adrenaline was pumping so hard it took a long time for me to relax enough to sleep. Going to have to buy another bottle of Tums too & maybe some stock in the company that produces it.

Whatever my fellow posters did you need to do again Friday. Wear the same jersey, eat the same food, whatever. Don't jinx it now.

Pray the same prayers.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
Last night was the calmest I've been in years, maybe call it the Swayman effect. Never mind the Refs, the cheap shots, the shots on goal, the bizarre banter of "The Bruins aren't trying hard", "Pasta's a putz" etc. etc. etc. If anyone can steal a game it's Swayman, so I just sat there watching attempted larceny for 60 mins. This team of castaways and wanna B's are still playing, while the million dollar men in Toronto are watching from their yachts. And the teams from Tampa, Winnipeg and the defending Cup champs Vegas, all of whom loaded up much more than our misfit, rag tag bunch did. Yet we still had a game to play. And Swayman's syndicate left Sunrise still standing. And come Friday expect nothing less because we got Sway and Friday's pay day.
...it's like poetry...

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Bruins new leadership core had a chance to show what they were made of and they proved this grumpster wrong. forcing game 6 is in itself a big step forward for the new leaders on the team. carrying it to seven is the next step.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I think at home our guys have tremendous pressure to win in front of the fans. Fans who keep paying to see them lose at home. So kinda disagree for now.
I can understand that point, they've definitely looked much better on the road that's for sure. Florida definitely has to be feeling pressure to close this out before it goes to 7 though.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
He also had the top off the net on his forehand
in the split second you have to choose what you are going to do before a panther closes or bob pokes it sometimes you choose something you know you can get off quickly vs something you may force wide or high if bobrovsky is playing big. had high blocker not high glove but thats a risk to miss high unless the goalie is super deep in the net.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
The league wants this to go seven so I expect favorable calls Friday night

This is another really good point. League is wetting its pants at the thought of a team switching off 3-1 comebacks against each other in back to back years. The storylines write themselves.

So for all the conspiracy theorists out there, league should be behind Boston for the next one.

Reactions: KnightofBoston

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Btw the obvious nightmare for this team is our D retrieving pucks on their backhand with any Panthers within 10 feet. HO-LY.

I'd love to do a montage of how many times that situation lead to a goal against or a high danger chance against. Seems like almost every time they do the odds of a clean clear are low.

And I get it, it's the hardest play those D make. But geez louise, we have to solve for it.

And put me in the camp that loved all the icing in the 3rd. LOVED IT. Ice away. Anything but a turnover.

Reactions: Gordoff

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
NHL seemed to “fix” the Bennett GI with the Heinen non call.

As a fan I’ll take it but it just speaks to the overall issue with how the league runs things imo.

Doubt the bruins can win 2 more games playing the same way but at least we are guaranteed 1 more game to watch
I don’t know about that

The two descriptions were wildly different

On the Bennett one there was the opinion that Swayman couldn’t have made the save without the interference from Coyle, that’s a difficult decision to make because everyone has seen goalies make saves they have no business making.
On the Heinen one, they said he had time to reset after the contact from Heinen, you can clearly see that happening in the replay. Then , I believe it was OEL, knocked the stick out of his own goalies hand which I think was the reason for the review.

In the end, they didn’t reverse either, so pretty consistent that way. The goaltender interference rule really needs to be looked at though.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Also who was it on our D that insisted on a big winding slapper that got blocked? The lane was open till it wasn't.

I wish our D would sometimes take the immediate shot over the big shot. These windows close fast.

Reactions: troubbble

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Because of how many different players it's happening to. I'd believe it was the players if it was ALWAYS the same guys. But now we've seen this happen to so many different guys making the error.

That leads me to believe the combo of line juggling and the way Monty is trying to execute his changes is messing with them.
Absolutely a result of Monty "The Blender" juggling his lines all year but the players need to figure this shit out pronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad