Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasero

Oct 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I wish the 2011 B's team would come out and slap some sense into these guys. I don't think I've seen a softer team with no heart or spine before. This isn't a Bruins team.

Reactions: capecodder

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I wish the 2011 B's team would come out and slap some sense into these guys. I don't think I've seen a softer team with no heart or spine before. This isn't a Bruins team.
That team played tough and when they won alot of people started barking about rules need to change etc etc etc .And the one team that started building different was the Bruins.They made it to finals in 13 & 19 but u could clearly see a shift in way they did things.

Reactions: nasero

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
All of that can be true as well as the Bruins sucking and not deserving to win the series in addition to the Panthers not being called for at least half of what they should be.

And what percentage of fault do you put on the bruins and what percent on the refs because I’m about 95% bruins self inflicted wounds and 5% refs

Reactions: TD Charlie

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
The only one guy who said it was a goal (that I heard of) is Biz....and he's basically a halfwit so that tells you something.

To me, us plus the majority out there see this clearly as interference rule 69.
Coyle is "shoved" into Swayman who at the time had his left skate against the goal pushed and pushed himself to go to the right, Charlie collides with him Swayman is pushed the other to the point where his left pad is not even in the crease anymore.
Somehow...that's not interference.

I don't mind at all what Don Sweeny said about having the league be questioned as to how their decisions are made instead of the coaches affected but these constant bad calls.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
There are some tough characters the come out of Major A. Bruins have Edward drafted. Not as tough as some others that have been drafted. Arber Xhekaj was a free agent signed by the Habs. Tough as nails. His younger brother Florian 6'4" can fight and score drafted by the Habs. These types are are there for the taking if a GM wants that element. Big Mark Wooley beat up a couple of Kitchener Rangers and challenged the bench when Arber was suspended. Next time they played Arber knocked him out with one punch. In today's NHL where it's anything goes you have to have a few guys in the stable to deal with idiots running around
Sweeney has to see this as an issue.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think people are mistaking heart for skill.
Exactly. The guys are giving it their all but the other team is more skilled and that's the biggest reason why they're losing.

I was hoping this would the be playoffs Zacha would come alive, but he is simply looking like a good regular season guy but can't be counted on to lead a team as the top center in the playoffs. Same with Coyle. Both guys have been neutered and overwhelmed by the moment. One of the two main offensive threats of the team and a guy you can count on to produce in the playoffs is out. We have a third line grinder centering the top line. The team can't muster enough shots to make Bob ( who's looked very beatable in these games IMO ) sweat.

The Bruins have gotten the short end of the ref stick. The Panthers have gotten away with some greasy stuff. But those are minor afflictions to the main issue and that's the Panthers are the more talented team and I think we all knew this going on. The Bruins hope to win rested on goaltending and cashing in on the chances they get and so far, it hasn't been enough.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Exactly. The guys are giving it their all but the other team is more skilled and that's the biggest reason why they're losing.

I was hoping this would the be playoffs Zacha would come alive, but he is simply looking like a good regular season guy but can't be counted on to lead a team as the top center in the playoffs. Same with Coyle. Both guys have been neutered and overwhelmed by the moment. One of the two main offensive threats of the team and a guy you can count on to produce in the playoffs it out. We have a third line grinder centering the top line. The team can't muster enough shots to make Bob ( who's looked very beatable in these games IMO ) sweat.

The Bruins have gotten the short end of the ref stick. The Panthers have gotten away with some greasy stuff. But those are minor afflictions to the main issue and that's the Panthers are the more talented team and I think we all knew this going on. The Bruins hope to win rested on goaltending and cashing in on the chances they get and so far, it hasn't been enough.
Bruins have no top centres but Florida would just take them out anyways

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
We played Florida at the end of March. I was working, so listening on the radio. We were down 3-2 and there was a penalty called against the panthers. After coming back from commercial, the radio guys said during the entire break the Florida bench was screaming at the refs about the call. Well, 20 seconds into our PP they called Marchand for interference.

Later, I was able to see the plays. The penalty on Florida was absolutely a no doubt slash. Wasn't even in any way controversial. The penalty against Marchy? Nonsense. He kind of brushed someone and they called interference.

Pretty clear they made a "make up" call because Florida bitched.

Seen it way too many times. From the 19 SC final to the Panthers last year to the Leafs in round 1. Teams complain about the officiating and then calls go their way. While the Bruins seem to think they are taking some kind of high road by just sitting back and letting themselves get screwed and not say anything.
Pack mentality works. It has to be throughout the team, top to bottom.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think people are mistaking heart for skill.

Analytics can’t measure heart and that’s why Sweeney can’t identify
Should Bennett have been penalized & suspended? Should Ekblad been penalized with Lauko? Those were important events in G3 and series.

Penalized yes, suspended no, Lauko no penalty anywhere.

However the bruins were losing 3-0 already. Those plays had minimal impact on the outcome of that game.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You know, you can get players that can play, plus take no shit .To many softies in this lineup.Remember Soupy and Thornton,those 2 players they could play + drop gloves .Ference on back end Kevin Miler Quaider.They could all play and take care themselves.Just example but you need that around your skill guys.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

However the bruins were losing 3-0 already. Those plays had minimal impact on the outcome of that game.
You realize the danger to any player with a rabbit shot to the temple area the speed both were going? That's as dirty as it gets and absolutely deserves a game.

They scored two in the third and it would have been a game at 3-2.

Reactions: lopey

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

If I punched an unsuspecting person I can do major damage trust me.Bennett did that to two different players and both times put them out of lineups.He should have been suspended it's a head shot to unsuspecting opponents. Its in rules.It don't say it has to be elbow or shoulder.Rule 48.1 u can look.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
And what percentage of fault do you put on the bruins and what percent on the refs because I’m about 95% bruins self inflicted wounds and 5% refs
If Bennett gets a penalty (deservedly so) instead of the tying goal, there's a good chance the B's win ....and this series is tied

So, last night in the 3rd period alone I'd say it was more like 70-30 on the refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad