Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I’m not going to fixate on the officiating. It is frustrating watching the embellishment and missed calls, but this series is going the way it is because the Florida Panthers are a better hockey team than the Boston Bruins, plain and simple. This team has looked completely outmatched since the second period of Game 2, and that has a lot to do with the lopsided amount of penalty calls being called in favor of Florida. It’s hard to draw penalties when you’re not getting time with the puck in their zone.

Yeah the Bennett goal shouldn’t have been allowed and he should’ve been suspended. But theres still a game to play and this team is letting all of the bullshit get to their heads and it’s becoming a distraction, on top of the fact that the team is being completely dominated.
I agree that the cats are a better all around team, but if the NHL officiating crew and DoPS did their f**king jobs properly, there's a very good chance this series is tied

It's still very likely the panthers win this series anyway, but if it somehow got to a game 7 anything could happen

Regardless..........do your f**king jobs!!

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario

Couldn’t watch past the point where he tried to gaslight everyone saying they’ve been disciplined lol

I mean it’s easy to say you’ve been disciplined when you have such few penalties called on your team, but in reality you’re just not being called on the punches and bumps into Swayman, the headshots to star players, etc..

They’re not being disciplined, they’re just not being called for their shit. And I would say they’re just sneaky and good about hiding their bullshit, but they’ve actually been extremely obvious about it and still haven’t gotten called for most of it.

I guess he’s a pretty smooth talker if you’re gullible. And to be clear I’m not blaming him for trying to spin this narrative — the series is going perfectly for them right now — but who is buying this shit lol

Last edited:

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Florida is a better team guys. I know it sucks to see these bad calls, but Florida out shot and out chanced them.
I agree that Florida overall has the better team…but that doesn’t mean they can’t be beat. Sometimes you get better goaltending,..”lucky bounces/deflections, etc. This probably should have been a game the B’s won…I think they deserved it but honestly got f****d by reffs/Toronto.
To all the folks saying they have no heart, lazy, etc…. I just don’t get it. I saw a great effort. They were smashing guys, fighting for the puck… I guess I just don’t see “lazy-disinterested play”.
The penalties seem lopsided. Bennett PUNCHED the captain of our team in the face and concussed him…no penalty…no “huddleL…no league review.
I don’t mind losing…really didn’t expect the boys to get past Florida. But it really takes the entertainment out of watching the sport when it appears to be one sided decisions/bias.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
When the officials for Game 4 were announced I reacted strongly and even posted this vintage song.

I WANTED TO BE 100% WRONG BUT........

I can't explain why the reverse angle on the hit on Marchand didn't surface for 36 hours but it was not intentional, it was simply overlooked. Today the video of every camera in the venue is saved on a server which was not the case when we used videotape.

What I can tell you is both the situation room and BHL Player Safety in New York were sent the file automatically.

The reverse angle cameras are 'global' which means they can be used by any of the networks and Sportsnet had they seen it would have used it based on what Sam Bennett did last year in the Leafs/Panthers series.

So this series after 4 games is exactly like last year with the top-seeded team going home with a 3-1 lead............

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Monday, May 13 (Jet Aviation, Bedford, MA)
- General Manager Don Sweeney and forward Pat Maroon available to media at approximately 12:20 p.m. at Jet Aviation/Hanscom Field (380 Hanscom Dr, Bedford, MA 01730)
- Media should plan to arrive no earlier than 12 p.m.

- Travel to Florida
Going to fire Monty and make Maroon the first player coach in a very long time.

or..............................................

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
But that’s the thing - they’re not really adding much there. It’s not like the place is full. It’s sold out, but it’s not full.

And BOS-NYR would do what…50% higher ratings? 75%?

League directly had two decisions - the no suspension (not even a fine?) and the crosscheck. They went Florida both times.

This isn’t bitching about the refs. This is bitching about the league.

It's not really about the size of the fanbase in Florida specifically, or the short-term ratings. There's a limit to how many committed fans will jump on board with the Panthers, and there's no question that the Bruins draw more eyes to TV screens that Florida ever could. The league knows this. What it's about for the NHL is national coverage and the size and scale of the footprint they have in North America as a whole. Having competitive, prominent teams in more places and more states is attractive for both advertisers and broadcasters. You can reach more markets, and diffusion across a greater area is ultimately beneficial, with more scope for long-term growth, even if the immediate viewership in raw numbers is smaller. It makes the league look bigger and more important and enhances its reputation.

So the incentive to favor the Panthers, representing a pretty big state, is there. And the league also know that most New England hockey fans will keep watching no matter what, and in that sense they can largely take them for granted.

I always like to approach things from the point of view of don't blame conspiracy or bias for what can otherwise be ascribed to sheer incompetence or stupidity. But the last couple of days have made that difficult. Very hard to put the two decisions you mentioned merely down to different interpretations. Thinking the league has an agenda here actually makes the most sense as an explanation.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
2 shots in the 3rd lol
1715590176317.png

:banghead:

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
I know the NHL is trying to build their fan base in Florida but they are going to lose fans in Boston. They have been screwing us over for far too long now.

Good luck with that, floriduh is a giant retirement home, no one is actually from there. If you are a fan of a certain team you grew up with but leave that area your team allegiance doesn't change, you take it with you. That's why their barn is constantly filled with the opposing teams fans. No one gives two shits about that team.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I know the NHL is trying to build their fan base in Florida but they are going to lose fans in Boston. They have been screwing us over for far too long now.

Good luck with that, floriduh is a giant retirement home, no one is actually from there. If you are a fan of a certain team you grew up with but leave that area your team allegiance doesn't change, you take it with you. That's why their barn is constantly filled with the opposing teams fans. No one gives two shits about that team.

South Florida has TERRIBLE demographics for hockey

#12 Miami-Ft. Lauderdale
Population: 4,024,000
(Black: 787,400) (Hispanic: 2,255,800)
#17 Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater
Population: 2,858,500 (Black: 358,900) (Hispanic: 598,500)

Just do the math and you can see how Tampa is a much larger hockey market even though it is a smaller city.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
The only people who are allowed to complain are those who expected the team to get past the first round back in September. After 82 games, people are just now figuring out that goaltending is the key to Bruin victory this season? On the bright side, I thought Mac looked much more like himself, so I have little concern for his future. I don’t care what level you are playing at, momentum is a real factor in every game, and we have known that Florida pushes hard when they are down. Bruins stopped hitting due to the momentum shift, and the refs were a serious contributor to the shift. Anybody calling to fire Monty and/or Sweeney doesn’t know hockey. Easy for keyboard warriors to tell Monty to tank a large fine with no gain. Do they expect the NHL to give the win to the Bruins after Monty complains? The future is bright with this team, just need 1-2 more top six weapons and then this team will be stacked. Morgan Geekie, Charlie Coyle, and Danton Heinen have been in the top six and people are complaining about results. The losses always have way more posts than the wins on hfBruins, if you only tune in to hate the bruins then please keep it to yourself.
Agree that the future should be bright as long as we can acquire at least one top-3 center through free agency. Two top-6 centers would obviously be better.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
My frustration level always seems to be the same during the playoffs, it is hard to watch. Not only does the NHL have an agenda but betting has made me very skeptical about what is happening.

I realize the Panthers have more in the tank but when you have to play the officials and get consistently screwed, it isn't a fair shake. If the Panthers are so much better, then why does the league have to help them?

I'll still be here, cheering them on tomorrow. Maybe they get thrown a bone....lol At least we know why rats are thrown on the ice in Florida. If the Bruins lose the series, I want the Rags to destroy the Panthers, they are going to have a lot more gas in the tank. I don't care who wins the Cup but hope it goes west.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad