GDT: ECSF - Game 4: New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT (Warning: this GDT may result in Carbicide or Diabeetus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods

Michael Kay is a great interviewer, a fairly annoying play by play commentator, and absolutely insufferable at times on the radio show. I really cannot stand this man most of the time.

Sterling was a legend, but let’s be honest he and Kay are giant nerds who want to make a name for themselves with “legendary” calls. Sam is the GOAT because he doesn’t try to make a great call, he is just himself.

Michae Kay should STFU

kay is coming off as an asshole. Dave has done the scream and its always turns out a classic reaction. Kay is seriously nitpicking.The Rangers could make nhl history tonight and this is what they’re covering. It’s ridiculous.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
We had that one series in 2013. For my money the worst series we've played since 2006. And Henrik Lundqvist's worst series. But my favorite highlight was the Hagelin goal where Rask fell down for some reason.

Anyway outside of that appreciate the kind words.

Yeah well we won hence no hate lol. Best thing about that clip was the TSN symbol at the top 😍

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Concussion symptoms work this way though. Sometimes you get clear and feel great for months and then they pop up again out of nowhere.

Brains are weird. I hope he just ate something bad.
Right but could have popped up any day of the last few months. So if it’s just random that’s pretty long odds. If had been the morning after the game, non random, I’d be more alarmed. But two mornings after? When no symptoms have popped up for quite a while? When he felt great not just after the game, but the next day? While there is a lot of junk going around? The simplest most likely explanation is he caught something. Glad NYR are being cautious though.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Right but could have popped up any day of the last few months. So if it’s just random that’s pretty long odds. If had been the morning after the game, non random, I’d be more alarmed. But two mornings after? When no symptoms have popped up for quite a while? When he felt great not just after the game, but the next day? While there is a lot of junk going around? The simplest most likely explanation is he caught something. Glad NYR are being cautious though.

They could have but you take bumps
In a real game that you never would have in practice. I get that the team practices hard, but it’s never game time hard.

Plus he probably revved it up higher himself.

Anyway, we’ll get answers. I hope youre
Right and it’s him actually just being ill.

Reactions: bhamill

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016

Michael Kay is a great interviewer, a fairly annoying play by play commentator, and absolutely insufferable at times on the radio show. I really cannot stand this man most of the time.

Sterling was a legend, but let’s be honest he and Kay are giant nerds who want to make a name for themselves with “legendary” calls. Sam is the GOAT because he doesn’t try to make a great call, he is just himself.

Michae Kay should STFU

They can go blow each other.. I like Maloney, I got a kick out of the call.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
They could have but you take bumps
In a real game that you never would have in practice. I get that the team practices hard, but it’s never game time hard.

Plus he probably revved it up higher himself.

Anyway, we’ll get answers. I hope youre
Right and it’s him actually just being ill.
I hear you. And I’d be more concerned if he felt “ill” the day after playing instead of feeling “great.”

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Michae Kay should STFU

Kay is off here.

If they end up winning the whole thing this call is 100000000% making the video. I think he’d have a point if this happened in a bigger spot (like G7 OT) but I thought it was hilarious and Sam himself was laughing at it.

If the guy making the call wasn’t bothered by it, no one should be.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
Kay is off here.

If they end up winning the whole thing this call is 100000000% making the video. I think he’d have a point if this happened in a bigger spot (like G7 OT) but I thought it was hilarious and Sam himself was laughing at it.

If the guy making the call wasn’t bothered by it, no one should be.
100%

And at the rate things are going, I might have to start viewing you as GwgPanarin

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Bruins fan here: you guys aren’t going let yourselves get bullied up and down the ice by Florida. You’re just as capable of bullying them and when you do they won’t know what hit them. Plus you have far superior goaltending. Bobrovsky can be beaten easily if you just shoot, and shoot high, on him.

Anyway, sorry, this is too premature. My bad. I just want somebody, anybody, to kick Florida’s asses. And as I’ve never hated the Rangers, since we have no, or little, playoff history against you, it might as well be you. Go Rangers!
Welcome aboard.

I've been rooting for a Rangers Bruins ECF because I think it would be great for hockey. Hopefully that can still happen. If not, we can all hope the Rangers kick Panther ass... if we get past the Canes!

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Sit kakko. Put in rempe.
200w.gif

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know that but that doesnt justify the classless shit they put out. We have never done shit like that. @Leonardo87 is the best in the game right now with funny, witty but never classless previews. Even Loffen back in the day was great but never over the line.

I guess i have been spoiled with the best.

Thanks, appreciate it. I would just ignore the one in the mains. It’s really not worth getting upset over.

Reactions: Siddi

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Welcome aboard.

I've been rooting for a Rangers Bruins ECF because I think it would be great for hockey. Hopefully that can still happen. If not, we can all hope the Rangers kick Panther ass... if we get past the Canes!
Well if it does (and it still might) I won’t be on here spouting rainbows and sunshine I can tell you that! 😉

Actually, even if it’s NY-FLA I won’t on here spouting them either, it’ll be pure venom 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Gardner McKay

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
kay is coming off as an asshole. Dave has done the scream and its always turns out a classic reaction. Kay is seriously nitpicking.The Rangers could make nhl history tonight and this is what they’re covering. It’s ridiculous.
They cut it off right before they got to Don LaGreca got to say what he thought. I hope Don LaGreca told them to shove it. I love Dave. You have to understand that when he was on this team, and was later captain, the Rangers very rarely won OT games. He has the same PTSD that I have with OT games. I get nauseated before and during. A complete sense of dread. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad