GDT: ECSF - Game 4: New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT (Warning: this GDT may result in Carbicide or Diabeetus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
Laviolette said of Chytil: “He felt great [Friday], went to the team meal, woke up this morning and didn’t feel well.”

Could be concussion-related. But leaning toward some Carolinian giving him food poisoning.

Hoping the best for him whatever it is.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
If we were by some unbelievable shift in Newtonian physics going to lose a game...

This is the one to lose.

Closing it out at home and staying a little more playoff sharp for rd 3 would not be the worst thing in the world
it wouldn't but then you start giving the Canes a taste of winning and that worries me. We absolutely cannot f*** around tonight, Chytil or no Chytil, end this and give Fil some extra added rest.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I don’t think he would have called him a game time decision either.

We have no idea.
we don't have no idea is right. However, we all guessed it was a concussion when they didn't say anything the last time he went out. This time, they still aren't saying anything. The unfortunate best bet on this being post concussion symptoms; nausea is common.

The game time decision thing could be to throw us off the scent and leave it open ended to protect him. Or not.

We probably will never know.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Holy hell, I haven't gotten by to watch a full game in ages!
Very busy season for me, first game of the POs I get to watch on TV.

Last season I came in on April 22nd, we went 1-4 after that and got kicked out by the Debbies.

If we lose tonight, I won't watch another game this season. lol

LGR

-----

I like the idea of Brodz playing. He's got speed, stick to defensive and disruptive play.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
it wouldn't but then you start giving the Canes a taste of winning and that worries me. We absolutely cannot f*** around tonight, Chytil or no Chytil, end this and give Fil some extra added rest.

It’s not a big deal if they lose tonight.

It’s a big deal if they lose tonight and then lose on Monday.

It’s hard to sweep. 1 game is one game but 2 builds the momentum for them and the pressure for us.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
we don't have no idea is right. However, we all guessed it was a concussion when they didn't say anything the last time he went out. This time, they still aren't saying anything. The unfortunate best bet on this being post concussion symptoms; nausea is common.

The game time decision thing could be to throw us off the scent and leave it open ended to protect him. Or not.

We probably will never know.

You could be right, it was the first thing that came to mind for me.

They’re going to be ultra careful here though. It’s entirely possible that they don’t know for sure either and he needs further evaluation. Like even if he is sick and this isn’t related at all, they’re going to want to make extra sure of what’s going on.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
You could be right, it was the first thing that came to mind for me.

They’re going to be ultra careful here though. It’s entirely possible that they don’t know for sure either and he needs further evaluation. Like even if he is sick and this isn’t related at all, they’re going to want to make extra sure of what’s going on.
If it was the next morning he felt ill I’d agree. Two mornings after? Doesn’t seem logical. There is a lot of shit going around. About a quarter of the people I know have had bugs the last few weeks. It just seems more likely, we’re justifiably a little paranoid.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York

That movie man. I'm Ted Striker every f-in OT

striker.jpg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If it was the next morning he felt ill I’d agree. Two mornings after? Doesn’t seem logical. There is a lot of shit going around. About a quarter of the people I know have had bugs the last few weeks. It just seems more likely, we’re justifiably a little paranoid.

Concussion symptoms work this way though. Sometimes you get clear and feel great for months and then they pop up again out of nowhere.

Brains are weird. I hope he just ate something bad.

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
Concussion symptoms work this way though. Sometimes you get clear and feel great for months and then they pop up again out of nowhere.

This is true. They can in a somewhat offhand sense, feel very very much akin to a really bad sinus infection minus the congestion. Light headed, dizziness, lack of balance. It's hard to know.

At the end of the day they're obviously gonna go the conservative route here which is the right thing to do.

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
I’ve dealt with both at once before.

Least amount of fun I’ve had in my life.
No shit. I'm pretty positive that fans who take a skeptical view of concussion symptoms have never been so afflicted in their life. It's frankly terrifying and you quite literally do not know if you'll ever be right again. Nobody should have to go through that. There are IMO about 1,000 physical maladies I'd rather suffer through before a head injury. I'd sign up for 10 colonoscopies first!

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

Im not playing dr here, but the fact that they were clear “illness” is a big indicator it’s not a concussion.
I’ve gotta imagine they’re treating him super cautiously so for them to even consider him a game time decision, indicated they know it’s not a concussion

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Im not playing dr here, but the fact that they were clear “illness” is a big indicator it’s not a concussion.
I’ve gotta imagine they’re treating him super cautiously so for them to even consider him a game time decision, indicated they know it’s not a concussion

Yeah this would all check out if Lavi came out and snuffed out any of the concussion speculation.

He didn’t. We’ll find out the truth soon but there’s every reason to feel uneasy about this.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013

Michael Kay is a great interviewer, a fairly annoying play by play commentator, and absolutely insufferable at times on the radio show. I really cannot stand this man most of the time.

Sterling was a legend, but let’s be honest he and Kay are giant nerds who want to make a name for themselves with “legendary” calls. Sam is the GOAT because he doesn’t try to make a great call, he is just himself.

Michae Kay should STFU

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Good comments about Florida. They will be a very tough out. I think their forward depth is outstanding and their coaching is excellent. I don’t feel the same way about their backend. That’s the part of their team the Rangers can exploit and win.

Paging Matt Rempe.
Bruins fan here: you guys aren’t going let yourselves get bullied up and down the ice by Florida. You’re just as capable of bullying them and when you do they won’t know what hit them. Plus you have far superior goaltending. Bobrovsky can be beaten easily if you just shoot, and shoot high, on him.

Anyway, sorry, this is too premature. My bad. I just want somebody, anybody, to kick Florida’s asses. And as I’ve never hated the Rangers, since we have no, or little, playoff history against you, it might as well be you. Go Rangers!

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Laviolette said of Chytil: “He felt great [Friday], went to the team meal, woke up this morning and didn’t feel well.”

Could be concussion-related. But leaning toward some Carolinian giving him food poisoning.

Hoping the best for him whatever it is.

He probably ate some of that disgusting slop they try to pass off as BBQ.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Bruins fan here: you guys aren’t going let yourselves get bullied up and down the ice by Florida. You’re just as capable of bullying them and when you do they won’t know what hit them. Plus you have far superior goaltending. Bobrovsky can be beaten easily if you just shoot, and shoot high, on him.

Anyway, sorry, this is too premature. My bad. I just want somebody, anybody, to kick Florida’s asses. And as I’ve never hated the Rangers, since we have no, or little, playoff history against you, it might as well be you. Go Rangers!

We had that one series in 2013. For my money the worst series we've played since 2006. And Henrik Lundqvist's worst series. But my favorite highlight was the Hagelin goal where Rask fell down for some reason.

Anyway outside of that appreciate the kind words.

• Haha
Reactions: BTO and AirGut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad