GDT: ECSF - Game 4: New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT (Warning: this GDT may result in Carbicide or Diabeetus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
To drink or not to drink?

Cocktail making class with the gf at 2pm in Chinatown. I was thinking of taking her to Stout or Tir na Nog after for the game. We tend to get wasted if that happens… any recs? Thinking Stout or tir na nog

His style def works with Chytil. That said, i wish his style was….. better. I am starting to be concerned about him but he is still young. One year show me contract and if he still stinks, let him go. Maybe othmann will be ready for his tryout.

I am not sure we will be able to beat the Panthers they are probably most physical team in NHL and Rangers are one of the softest.
Disagree with softest. Maybe 3-5 years ago. We compete! With Rempe, we may be the most physically imposing team in the league. I agree Fla can play a hard style- Bos is more physical though

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
chytil news doesn’t sound good at all.

and I really really don’t like the idea of having brod play.

this sucks for chytil, it really does. concussions are cumulative. hopefully it’s just his body getting used to game action, but from the way it was described and how lav is talking, it doesn’t sound like just a bug. really disappointing if it’s related to his concussions.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Disagree with softest. Maybe 3-5 years ago. We compete! With Rempe, we may be the most physically imposing team in the league. I agree Fla can play a hard style- Bos is more physical though

Florida is more physical than Boston.

I think Florida’s heaviness gets a bit overrated (it’s really just 2 guys who can really bang and they both play on the same line) but everyone on that team outside of Tarasenko (and even he does it sometimes) is looking to at least get a little
Piece of someone when they’re out there.

As a GTD, he hasn't been ruled out. That's a positive.

They may just be trying to cover their ass for the time being though. This may be something wheee they come out and say that he’s been shut down again in a few days. No need to create a distraction on game day.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
It's amazing how HUGE that OT goal by Panarin was. They were fortunate, yes but had the intestinal fortitude to tie it late and possibly everythiing pointing toward a comeback OT win and making the series close, with potential of tieing up the series next game.
Instead, a 3 zip deficit, 2 demoralizing OT defeats in a row and probably seeing the oncoming 6 train with little in the tank (so to speak) If not for Florida, they could be quite possibly our toughest opponent. Those teams out west are good, but can they beat the beasts in the East?

Reminded me visually of Gaborik 3OT in DC. #10 in white scoring at the net with a left corner pileup

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods

I think Florida’s heaviness gets a bit overrated (it’s really just 2 guys who can really bang and they both play on the same line) but everyone on that team outside of Tarasenko (and even he does it sometimes) is looking to at least get a little

They may just be trying to cover their ass for the time being though. This may be something wheee they come out and say that he’s been shut down again in a few days. No need to create a distraction on game day.
Sounds like posturing.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
It does surprise me that Rempe wouldn’t draw back in.

Brodzinski is objectively the better player but he hasn’t seen a game in forever. Then again neither had Chytil.

Brodz is awesome in short stretches. I have nothing to back that up but it always seems like he pops with fresh legs. Could see him being a factor tonight on that line.

Reactions: noncents

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It does surprise me that Rempe wouldn’t draw back in.

Brodzinski is objectively the better player but he hasn’t seen a game in forever. Then again neither had Chytil.

I'm still having flashbacks to Brodz turning the puck over to Tampa and completely turning the game around. I really hope we don't see that in this game and he plays within himself.

Reactions: Breaded Fox

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018

I feel like that about Boston. There entire team is third line Goodrows. Except Marchand, McAvoy and Pasta- who all bang.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I'm still having flashbacks to Brodz turning the puck over to Tampa and completely turning the game around. I really hope we don't see that in this game and he plays within himself.

If he plays, he's highly likely to have the same role as Rempe and not see a shift after the second period.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
I feel like that about Boston. There entire team is third line Goodrows. Except Marchand, McAvoy and Pasta- who all bang.
Just looked it up. Boston outhit Fla all three games. Boston has always been a heavy team- relies onnit boe. Fla has more skill imo.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Look at the game preview post (specially the line ups) in GDT on the mains. Classless fanbase at it again.

Last edited:

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
It's a meme.

Sorry -- guess I'm too old to get the joke/reference....I do remember that commercial with him in the cabin sitting in front of the fireplace....they played it ad nauseum.

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
Maybe Chytil just tore a muscle first game back ?
Can't help being pessimistic, concussion stuff freaks me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad