Kreider>Martinook
Jack<Necas
Kandre>Slavin
Fox>Burns
Lindgren<Brady
Schieds>DeScum
Igor>Freddy
Lavy>Rod

We are the better team..they only have 2 players who on paper are better LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Slavin is better than Miller. Jarvis is about equal with Chytil

mti79

May 11, 2007
Kochetkov is a good goalie. Andersen is a good goalie. Pyotr hasn't been playing and if the Canes lose tonight they'll be in serious trouble so it's a gamble. If I'm looking at the goalies left in the East---Igor IMO is the best, then Swayman and then Bobrovsky. The Carolina goalies aren't quite at the same level. Goaltending really isn't a weakness for them but it's not a strength either or at least not at where we're at now.

Rangers have had issues with Aho and his line in particular. Quiet them and get to their goalie and we should win. I really don't think we're going to be sweeping these guys but tonight and the next one are winnable and you take them one at a time.
Of the goalies left in the east, I think Igor is tops. Wondering what Boston will do since they split the starts most of the regular season but are leaning on Swayman. They went to Ullmark vs Toronto once and never went back. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Holy hell Batman. The team is on a 6-0 bender and you're worried about a guy playing 5 minutes a night?? Try and enjoy the run.
I'll enjoy this run when I'm dead. Or is the saying I'll sleep when I'm dead? Or I'll be sleeping with the fishes when I'm dead.....whatever, Rangers just need to win so I can finally die in pieces. Chum that is.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Not going to snitch but a star player currently on Carolina came out to a local rink to play in a beer league game. I say that because I got the impression he was not supposed to be doing that for some reason that summer. Not sure why because I know other guys train by playing in games during the summer. He was a really cool guy. If it turns out we have to blackmail him, I do have a picture of him with my buddy on the ice.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Chris Rooney and Graham Skilliter are the refs tonight.

IMG_0437.gif

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
is Chytil playing this year?

Not going to snitch but a star player currently on Carolina came out to a local rink to play in a beer league game. I say that because I got the impression he was not supposed to be doing that for some reason that summer. Not sure why because I know other guys train by playing in games during the summer. He was a really cool guy. If it turns out we have to blackmail him, I do have a picture of him with my buddy on the ice.
they have no stars. just solid depth.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Canes are a much better team than the Devils were though. Also the Rangers I'm sure are not looking to repeat that again. This Rangers team is better, deeper than last year and healthy. We've also shown a lot of resilience this year. It's a team that believes when it's get behind in a game it can come back.

It helps when a team sticks with the same core and goes through playoff successes and failures together as a group. A large majority of this team went on the run two seasons ago and also screwed up and lost a 2-0 lead in a series they should have won.

It's all in the collective mental bank. The main group has 30-40 playoff games under their belts over that span and they know the bitter taste of disappointment if they dont trust their game and play a consistent style that they've worked on the entire season. Its right there in front of them and im not expecting this team to wither under the pressure or not have the resiliency to battle back with the same even keel approach after a loss or even two.

Its going to take a very good team that is deep in all positions, who have also gone through similar situations to knock the Rangers out this year. And at the end of it you have Igor, who if he continues to play the way he has may be the difference before they even drop the puck

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Don't take this as pessimism but I can't see the Canes losing this game in this spot. Not because of anything to do with the Rangers but because the Canes are good and going home down 2-0 they will throw everything they have.

Reactions: Tob and Crease

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Do Something, Kakko!

Episode 7 "Fo Sisu My Nisu" -
Kaapo tries to channel his inner Finnish strength before another big game. The boys ask Coach Lavi to reinstate Filip by playing them on the same line again. Alexis still can't decide on a new juice-maker. Seth tries to overcome his obsession with ibuprofen. Guest staring Seth Jarvis.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Don't take this as pessimism but I can't see the Canes losing this game in this spot. Not because of anything to do with the Rangers but because the Canes are good and going home down 2-0 they will throw everything they have.

I’ve seen teams come out flat and tight in must win games before though.

Not saying it happens here but it is a thing. That or overzealous and they end up doing stupid things.

I expect they’ll get the share of calls tonight (they’re home, they are trailing the series) but I just hope it’s not ultra lopsided and they don’t get away with everything while we get whistled for breathing on a cane.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Let's go Rangers. Put Canes on the brink. Canes so desperate they are putting in their back up.

It can be argued Canes shouldnt had even got past Isles. Aside from game 2 where they dominated but were actually losing 0-3, the reason Canes won is due to PP, and a ton of lucky bounces catching the Isles goalie off guard and 3 empty netters. At 5-on-5 it can be argued even Isles played them toe to toe.

So not surprised NYR is winning 2-0, since they are a better team than NYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad