GDT: ECSF: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
It depends on where Chytil is.

If the better option is staring them in the face to that extent, then I understand the consternation.

That being said, none of us know exactly where Chytil is.
If Chytil is ready to go, I want him in the lineup over at least seven different forwards because he's a really good hockey player. But it has nothing to do with any ice time concerns.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If Chytil is ready to go, I want him in the lineup over at least seven different forwards because he's a really good hockey player. But it has nothing to do with any ice time concerns.
Right, and I don't think the concern is strictly related to ice time and wear. I think it's even more so "if you're only gonna play this guy 4 minutes, play somebody else."

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
It depends on where Chytil is.

If the better option is staring them in the face to that extent, then I understand the consternation.

That being said, none of us know exactly where Chytil is.
He looks like a million bucks.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
I think there's a lot of conflation between the concept of Rempe in the lineup as a deterrent vs. Rempe in the lineup as an answer. Whoever posted about being a bouncer at a bar/club hit on that perfectly - It's not that Rempe being on the bench will be a 100% effective deterrent to prevent anything from ever happening, and I don't think anyone who supports keeping Rempe in the lineup thinks/expects that. It's more in the vein of if someone wants to test their luck, NYR have a guy that 1) will be pretty fresh to cave someone's face in and 2) has no reservations once he gets instructions from the coaching staff. Although I'm not sure how effective his gimmick is against the more slick teams that do things that "get missed" by the refs.

I don't see Chytil as this missing X-factor player that NYR desperately need in their lineup, although it would allow for more roster flexibility and would help slot guys where they should be. It would certainly be interesting to see how the team looks with him back in the lineup and who would come out. I like him when he's healthy and gets enough time to ramp up his play, but I'm just not as bullish on Chytil as most around here.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think the earliest Chytil plays is game 5 if there is one.

It's a card Lavi has left to play and should they drop both games in Carolina, probably one that he needs to play at that point. I think it was Brian Boyle who talked about how shit like this just completely changes the mood of a room and gets players amped and shifts their mindset. They haven't needed it yet.

Plus we're not exactly sure what we're going to get. He hasn't played since November and who knows how tentative he'll be when he gets back into a game.

On the flip side, he may be in total YOLO mode and crush it.

Point is, it hasn't had to happen yet. Plus if this game gets out of hand in either direction we're going to be happy that Rempe dressed. Carolina is as fake tough as teams come but they've got some dirt bags and if they need to be dealt with, let them be dealt with by people who aren't that important to your team. I don't want Kreider/Trocheck be the one to do it, I'd rather just let Goodrow/Rempe/Trouba do it.

Reactions: OthmannOut

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
I am in the car, my brother is driving, we're listening to metal to get amped up! Right now Megadeth, already hit some Ozzy, Pantera, Metallica, Iron Maiden.

Got my Nash sweater, he'll be rocking a Messier. We are tall, we might stand out if the TV camera hits us.

I am telling myself over and over that this is the game the Rangers are most likely to lose in the entire series, back in their barn, but i am AMPED AS f*** anyway!!!!

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
sling
For you local cord cutters, I think tonight’s game on TNT will finally convince me to cancel Fubo and subscribe to DirectTV. It’s about $20 more per month than Fubo but has better coverage including the Turner channels. Fubo is also not friendly to Mets fans, which is another reason for me.
sling tv gets you epns/tnt/tbs, orange plan only$20 a month for the first month, $40 after.. should only be $60 for the playoffs if you cancel

Reactions: NikC

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
yeah and Carolinas top 6 looked way more gassed the other night anyway
They benched their entire fourth line for half the game. We only benched Rempe as we know the refs will call a penalty on every hit he makes to even up the game.

sling

sling tv gets you epns/tnt/tbs, orange plan only$20 a month for the first month, $40 after.. should only be $60 for the playoffs if you cancel
About half of the games have been on HBO, which is nice.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Laviolette will bring Chytil when he needs to get the teams attention.

After a loss.
well... then we won't see Chytil ever again....

sling

i just reupped with Sling Orange... it was $30... then $40

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
well... then we won't see Chytil ever again....

i just reupped with Sling Orange... it was $30... then $40
strange i paid only $20 on hte second day of playoffs when i realized espn plus only has replays of games.. I think $20 was a new user code..

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Mollie Walker 19:42 mark:

Only one thing I disagree with and that's "The Rangers were outplayed in game 2". If this is based on SOG I can use an analogy: I can fart 30,000 times a day but if I only shit 3 times does that mean my ass was being proficient?

Rangers were, are, and will always be the better team. Carolina is the quintessential smoke and mirrors, systems team that's glossed over by good coaching. When we eliminate them I'll laugh as the exodus from Raleigh begins in the summer and they fizzle out into obscurity.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
strange i paid only $20 on hte second day of playoffs when i realized espn plus only has replays of games.. I think $20 was a new user code..
yea, i'm in the chat i mentiond that i was a return customer.. they offered $20/40... then i went to pay and it was $30/40...

its a full time job keep track of all this BS...

i'll burn the $10 when we win the cup

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Only one thing I disagree with and that's "The Rangers were outplayed in game 2". If this is based on SOG I can use an analogy: I can fart 30,000 times a day but if I only shit 3 times does that mean my ass was being proficient?

Rangers were, are, and will always be the better team. Carolina is the quintessential smoke and mirrors, systems team that's glossed over by good coaching. When we eliminate them I'll laugh as the exodus from Raleigh begins in the summer and they fizzle out into obscurity.
I'm not sure whether to delete or ask for clarity. :laugh:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Really wish Rempe was never called up

He's the fly in the ointment that could sink us
Absolutely ludicrous take. Rempe has been one of the best stories of the season as individual players go, not just for the Rangers but for the NHL in a whole. And he has been genuinely good for the most part, it's not like he has been a liability out there every game. Who scored the first goal of this playoff run?

I do think that it's time for him to sit in the press box. If Lavy only plays him 4 f***ing minutes of an 80something minute game, what are we doing here. But I guess Lavy might want him to be ready because this has been a chippy series. I just wish he would play him more. I understand not playing him in OT of a 2nd round playoff game, but should've been played more during regulation. If not, just bite the bullet and put Brodzinsky in.

And obviously if Chytil is ready, he should've been in yesterday. If he is good to go, insert Filip into the 3rd line NOW.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Rempe knocked out TVR (further weakening the Caps blue line) and broke Oshies hand which is why he was crickets game 3 and 4 after being a pest the first two games. Not only was he not a liability but he he actively helped them win in sweeping fashion.

Only issue with him in this series is he is staying out too long and getting caught on long shifts where the Rangers get hemmed in. He needs to be better there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad