GDT: ECSF: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I am not completely disagreeing. And, I get the argument of putting Chytil in. But again, there is still a risk. There is also a HUGE difference between 3-0 and 2-1. And as the wise man once said, "If no broke, no fix." Buzz on Brindamour is a he a great coach when it comes to preparation, conditioning, but his style is "this is how we play and that's it." Most seem to think he is terrible at in-game or in-series adjustments. Last year, they beat Isles, crushed the Devils, and got swept by Florida. Year before, they won the first 2 against the Rangers and then lost 4 of 5. The prior 3 series they were eliminated, they lost 4-1, 4-1, and 4-0. So, why not stick with what is working until Brindamour shows he can make adjustments? Either way, I have faith in Laviolette to make the call. Not going to complain either way or play MMQB if it doesnt work.
And I totally get the "ain't broke" thing, but maybe just as importantly is the fact that we need to preserve our top guys and roll 4 if we can. Rolling 4 seems more feasible with Chytil, and not so much Brodz. Like Brodz but you don't make THAT change now. We need to be looking down the road and keeping guys fresh. That OT took a lot out of BOTH teams, take advantage by putting a FRESH Chyil in and see what happens.

Reactions: TominNC

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
One other thing on Rempe, have seen people compare this to Tortorella benching Bickell in 2012 and it is not even close. Playing your 12th forward 4 minutes in a 2OT game is very different than playing your 6th dman 6 minutes in a 3OT game. Especially, when you went 7 games in the 1st round and that series was 1-1 and was looking like it was going to go at least 6.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
And I totally get the "ain't broke" thing, but maybe just as importantly is the fact that we need to preserve our top guys and roll 4 if we can. Rolling 4 seems more feasible with Chytil, and not so much Brodz. Like Brodz but you don't make THAT change now. We need to be looking down the road and keeping guys fresh. That OT took a lot out of BOTH teams, take advantage by putting a FRESH Chyil in and see what happens.
Again, feels like you and I are on the same page but different paragraphs. To me, it is the difference between whether I want a baked potato or mashed potato with the steak, not the difference between a prime grade ribeye or white castle.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
The Canes are going to throw everything they have at the Rangers tonight, the first period is going to be a big test. Weather the storm, counter punch and don't let them get to their game.
Could 100% see this being a game where the Canes start guns a blazing, dominate the flow for the first 10 minutes. Then, a dman turns the puck over that leads to a Rangers odd-man rush and they score first. Then, the analytics nerds are going on and on about how the xGF is 19-1 for Carolina so far, so it means the Rangers are losing next round.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
They kinda did that last game too. I mean can they really generate more than 100+ shot attempts? What are they gonna do, 300+ shot attempts?
Well, maybe they have 9 actual GOOD shots instead of 7.

Will it? The Canes pull shtick to sell tickets to only local States so not as many NYR fans can flood the arena as during the regular season.
Only through ticketdisaster. Rangers fans can still get on stubhub. My co-worker just told me her husband is on his way now with his brother.

• Love
Reactions: noncents and romba

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Which broadcast is Hank going to be with tonight? Decisions.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Lots of us live there because it is a hell of a lot less expensive, among other reasons.
For sure, but last time we played them in the playoffs I don’t remember there being that many Rangers fans, maybe I’m misremembering, or maybe the media/broadcasts portrayed it differently than it was

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I think if Chytil is ready you put him on the 3rd and sit Rempe, gives us an even stronger lineup. The two extra forwards really helped us in OT while Carolina only rolled 3 lines. Having a full 4th line you trust in that situation is huge. Move Cullye down.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Anyone have any luck watching a game on a flight before? I think American Airlines has free live TV and TNT is part of the package. I am flying at 640 tonight. Heard bad things about inflight WiFi speeds.
I’ve had terrible luck with it, but they were never games on national tv.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
For you local cord cutters, I think tonight’s game on TNT will finally convince me to cancel Fubo and subscribe to DirectTV. It’s about $20 more per month than Fubo but has better coverage including the Turner channels. Fubo is also not friendly to Mets fans, which is another reason for me.

I was thinking about signing up for sling instead. I dont use 95% of the channels anymore.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Meanwhile, at the Toronto Maple Leafs practice complex:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events