GDT: ECSF: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6164.jpeg
IMG_6089.jpeg

IMG_6032.jpeg

New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes
7pm ET, TNT
Game 3

IMG_6153.gif

IMG_6145.gif

IMG_6163.jpeg

IMG_6162.jpeg

IMG_6150.jpeg

IMG_6152.gif

IMG_6141.gif

IMG_5424.gif

IMG_5088.png
Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Jack Roslovic
Artemi Panarin -- Vincent Trocheck -- Alexis Lafreniere
Will Cuylle -- Alex Wennberg -- Kaapo Kakko
Jimmy Vesey -- Barclay Goodrow -- Matt Rempe

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Braden Schneider
Erik Gustafsson -- Jacob Trouba

Igor Shesterkin
Jonathan Quick

Scratched:
Zac Jones, Chad Ruhwedel, Jonny Brodzinski, Louis Domingue, Adam Edstrom, Filip Chytil
Injured: Blake Wheeler (lower body)

IMG_6067.jpeg
Hurricanes Projected Line up

Jake Guentzel -- Sebastian Aho -- Andrei Svechnikov
Teuvo Teravainen -- Jordan Staal -- Seth Jarvis
Jordan Martinook -- Jack Drury -- Martin Necas
Jesperi Kotkaniemi -- Evgeny Kuznetsov -- Stefan Noesen

Jaccob Slavin -- Brent Burns
Brady Skjei -- Tony DeAngelo
Dmitry Orlov -- Jalen Chatfield

Pyotr Kochetkov
Frederik Andersen

Scratched:
Jackson Blake, Brendan Lemieux, Maxime Comtois, Scott Morrow, Bradly Nadeau, Spencer Martin, Dylan Coghlan, Ryan Suzuki, Ronan Seeley, Antti Raanta

Injured: Jesper Fast (upper body), Brett Pesce (lower body)

NHL.com senior director of editorial Shawn P. Roarke contributed to this story

IMG_6071.gif

IMG_5324.gif

IMG_5977.gif

IMG_4158.png

Last edited:

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I believe we can win this game. We need to continue to build off that huge game 2 win. Continue to take the body, frustrate them, make them take bad penalties, forecheck, play for each other and let’s take game 3 from them.

All positive vibes!

Let’s go Rangers!

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
If we get through the first 10 even we're in good shape.

The time to switch out Rempe has come. Don't wait until your hand is forced. Recognize it. I trust the coaching staff will, I'll be pretty surprised if he plays.

The Rangers played half the last game with 11 forwards. Enough of Rempe. He's a rookie goon, this is not the right time to catch up to the NHL. I really hope Chytil is ready, but otherwise, maybe even Brod is better at this point.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It wouldn't surprise me if Matthew came out of the lineup but it's not really that big an issue whether he's getting a lot of ice time. The team is not dead tired and beaten up and Rempe's lack of ice time is pretty much offset by Laviolette finding extra ice time to play guys like Trocheck and Panarin more and I think that's been part of the plan all along.

Chytil coming in.....I suspect he's in really good shape but usually it takes a few games to get up to speed and he will be tested physically. He'll get hit. Brodzinski might be a little rusty but he's a pretty decent heads up player and he skates really well. Moving either into the lineup would allow us to roll lines better probably but I still think Lavi will be looking to find extra ice for top forwards and it will take some of our physical game away. Everything is a tradeoff.

I have been thinking Rempe would come out when we lost a game. We just haven't lost any yet.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if Matthew came out of the lineup but it's not really that big an issue whether he's getting a lot of ice time. The team is not dead tired and beaten up and Rempe's lack of ice time is pretty much offset by Laviolette finding extra ice time to play guys like Trocheck and Panarin more and I think that's been part of the plan all along.

Chytil coming in.....I suspect he's in really good shape but usually it takes a few games to get up to speed and he will be tested physically. He'll get hit. Brodzinski might be a little rusty but he's a pretty decent heads up player and he skates really well. Moving either into the lineup would allow us to roll lines better probably but I still think Lavi will be looking to find extra ice for top forwards and it will take some of our physical game away. Everything is a tradeoff.

I have been thinking Rempe would come out when we lost a game. We just haven't lost any yet.

ya good point, that's the benefit of rest.

Reactions: eco's bones

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
The Canes are much better at home. I'm not afraid of the Canes, we are a better team overall but... the way for them to win is to exploit our weaknesses (oafs at the back) which they can do more easily with the last change. We need to play a solid team game and not get sucked into some stupid run and gun game where Aho, Necas and Guentzel skate circles around our D.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Chytil should play if the organization thinks it's safe, and he's not going to play timid. I like what Rempe brings on the forecheck and his physicality, but having him play four minutes before sitting the entire third period and all of ot, sets us at a disadvantage. With Carolina getting the last change, I think it is time for him to sit.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Mika > Aho
Bread>Guentzl
Laf>Schev
Troch>Drury
Kreider>Martinook
Jack<Necas
Kandre>Slavin
Fox>Burns
Lindgren<Brady
Schieds>DeScum
Igor>Freddy
Lavy>Rod

We are the better team..they only have 2 players who on paper are better LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
For you local cord cutters, I think tonight’s game on TNT will finally convince me to cancel Fubo and subscribe to DirectTV. It’s about $20 more per month than Fubo but has better coverage including the Turner channels. Fubo is also not friendly to Mets fans, which is another reason for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad