GDT: ECSF - Game 3: Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Rangers, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It'll be funny if somehow NYR makes the final and the PK suddenly gets cold and EDM or COL upsets them. It would be typical of what we have seen in recent years where teams who dominate special teams early in the playoffs have had a tendency to regress in later rounds and we are seeing Carolina do it here

I don't think either of those would be an upset. Especially Colorado.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm not sure anyone would have said 20 minutes ago NYR would be more disappointed than Carolina if this periods ends 1-1 but here we are now. They really need to put one in next 5 minutes because I have a hunch the whistles will get put away in the 3rd.
Oh wouldn't that be nice. Implausible, but definitely would be nice! Maybe someone can steal the whistles in the break?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Canes are great moving the puck around on the PP, some good attempts.

But damn, can't keep giving up 2-on-1s

Buccigross nailed it when he said they were the 00-02 Devils but just cannot find the ways to put the pucks in the net on the PP in the playoffs that those teams did. Neither had blow you away superstar forward guys out there but one found ways to score after game 82 and the other is not

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Canes are not playing their game. Way too many turnovers resulting in the Rangers getting high danger chances off the rush.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
I think the refs staying out of the game can only benefit carolina with their current pp situation

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Buccigross nailed it when he said they were the 00-02 Devils but just cannot find the ways to put the pucks in the net on the PP in the playoffs that those teams did. Neither had blow you away superstar forward guys out there but one found ways to score after game 82 and the other is not

Well, to be fair, the Canes did beat the 02 Devils in the 1st round…

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If the Canes lose, they have nobody to blame. It’s all on them

I guess some people were more onto it when they said they did not look good vs NYI...NYR at times looked bad vs the Caps too, especially for small stretches in each game but they seemed to be more a result of not caring or not being driven due to the opponent where I felt NYI was legit troubling Carolina and Carolina was playing at 100%.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Rangers going to regret not taking advantage of all their chances in this period. They could have scored at least 2 more with all those great opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad