GDT: ECSF - Game 3: Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Rangers, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
So you = tin man
More of a hyperalloy combat chassis, microprocessor-controlled. Fully armored; very tough.

giphy.gif

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Rangers ever going to lose a game in these playoffs? They look unstoppable.

And there needs to be player changes if Canes go out in 5 or less.

I think Canes will smack them up good tonight, its just a stars align scenario where Rangers are due to lose a game and its a game 3 down 2-0 in a tough building for the home team. I think its a case where maybe even Quick gets in and it ends 5-2 or 4-0 but I don't see it meaning much. I think decent chance Rangers go on to win 4 and 5. The other scenario I said is it goes Canes-Canes-Rangers-Rangers but not sure NYR is gonna drop both games there.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If there was ever a guarenteed loss this is it.carolina will be a caged animal in this game and the Rangers don't play great when the other team is more desperate. The Caps game 4, they looked downright bad.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
If there was ever a guarenteed loss this is it.carolina will be a caged animal in this game and the Rangers don't play great when the other team is more desperate. The Caps game 4, they looked downright bad.
I'd say more glass cannon than caged animal at this point. Pesce is toast. Jarvis was eating advil like skittles last game. Forget a Trouba/Rempe hit, he is a pee-wee hockey hit away from going on IR. I'm fairly certain Chatfield has his bell rung a few times.

Either the Canes come out, pour it on hard, go up early in the game and control the play, or it turns into a slogfest with tons of hard hits, and they will look like the Rangers vs. Tampa in 2022, where half our team was skating on one leg.

If the Canes can get out of this game with a win and injury free, it is an entirely new series that is for damn sure. But a hard-hitting game, even with a win, makes me think the Rangers leave Carolina 3-1 instead of 2-2.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
yeah honestly if Carolina can't take control of this game early then it's gonna be a tough grind fest for them. could still win of course but it's always "keep it close in the first 10 minutes/period" if you're the away team
Plus the Rangers do tend to play a much more defensively conservative game on the road.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Playoff lives on the line and we skip the morning skate?

I heard a rumor the team bus was seen near the performing arts center. The team was so stricken by Fox’s acting jobs that they flew down his acting coach to learn the art of falling. Rumor unconfirmed.

Gotta have the win and need a complete effort. Team can easily do it based off the last 2 games.

LETS GO!!!!

Andersen in net is likely
Do we see a lineup change being at home?

Thank goodness this is on TNT and not ESPN

(Set to go live at 1800)
I am accustomed to better game time threads. Come on pick up your game. I fully expected some images or lineups...some clever jabs at the opponent. This is weak....2 mins in the box so you can feel shame haha.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I am accustomed to better game time threads. Come on pick up your game. I fully expected some images or lineups...some clever jabs at the opponent. This is weak....2 mins in the box so you can feel shame haha.
We don’t do that on F26. Thorough introduction threads = auto losses in our neck of the woods

Full disclaimer: i forgot about the rule of the home team thread being copied, although i wouldn’t have done much different.

Be glad it wasn’t a period as the intro post. We could talk bbq, bojangles, or something else if you like.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
We don’t do that on F26. Thorough introduction threads = auto losses in our neck of the woods

Full disclaimer: i forgot about the rule of the home team thread being copied, although i wouldn’t have done much different.

Be glad it wasn’t a period as the intro post. We could talk bbq, bojangles, or something else if you like.
The phrase comes from the sense of neck as a strip of land. In Britain, this refers to land with water on both sides, but early Americans used it to mean "a settlement in the woods."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad