Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 7:11 PM - THE BEAR is angry - TNT, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Ok boys, enough of the too many men penalties, you should have learned that by now so let’s not see anymore of that please.
I don’t care how you do it or who you have to hurt to make it happen but please, please win tonight!! Maroon, you’re up buddy!!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
They haven't?

Does the whole team need to be thrown out of a game to be considered responding?

He knows what he's doing.
Yes they finally responded. Pasta got knocked on his ass in the Leaf series a few times with no real response. I think Monty challenged the squad to step up and they accepted that challenge. I was proud of what us fans saw either live or on the tube. Now step up at home and win the game tonight.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I doubt there will be any craziness off the draw. Both teams know there's too much riding on this game to risk being the ones to go short-handed.

That said, just keep playing them physically. Greenlight every hit. Play hard-nosed and full effort.

-----
The solution to the too-many-men crisis is simple. Insert some female players:

Ref: "Boston, bench minor, too many men on the ice."
Bruins player pulls off helmet to reveal flowing blonde hair: "I am no man!"
Ref: "Okay, I'll allow it. Call overturned."

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
It’s not that people don’t understand, it’s just so wildly ridiculous that it remains a talking point.

I can understand why the beat writers don't point to the ice, but Steve Conroy, KPD, etc. certainly should.

Felger should bash the hell out of this; not least because Jacobs got him fired when he was a Bruins beat writer for the Herald. (It worked out: Felger was assigned to the Patriots.)

Poor ice is clearly a detriment to the Bruins, and it's been a problem for *years.*

Why doesn't the sports media raise the issue?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
They won't even let @GahdenRinkRat bring in her playoff cow bell (that she has had since the early 70s)....
Absolutely f***ing ridiculous. In the '70s people would throw batteries and bear bottles. A cow bell, WTF!?! Do they think she'll fashion a shiv out of it?

I can understand why the beat writers don't point to the ice, but Steve Conroy, KPD, etc. certainly should.

Felger should bash the hell out of this; not least because Jacobs got him fired when he was a Bruins beat writer for the Herald. (It worked out: Felger was assigned to the Patriots.)

Poor ice is clearly a detriment to the Bruins, and it's been a problem for *years.*

Felger is so hockey illiterate he probably doesn't know or care about the ice. You're right though, it should be a talking point to get the powers that be's attention.
The other day they were attempting to talk hockey and they could not remember the "Bruin who scored on Montreal and gave the fans the finger." Mazz "was it Marchand" Felger and the other guy "yeah, yeah it was Marchand, yeah it was him!" Total dip=shittery.

Last edited:
Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Pat Maroon says Bruins should be angry after Game 2, but ‘Tkachuk’s not going to fight me’​

By Jim McBride Globe Staff,Updated May 10, 2024, 41 minutes ago

Pat Maroon was one of seven Bruins who received misconduct penalties in Game 2 against Florida.
Pat Maroon was one of seven Bruins who received misconduct penalties in Game 2 against Florida.MATTHEW J. LEE/GLOBE STAFF
Pat Maroon is not happy, and he wants the Bruins to be angry.
The rugged winger weighed in on the David Pastrnak-Matthew Tkachuk fisticuffs in Game 2 of this series against Panthers, knowing full well that many fans were expecting him to settle the score in Game 3 Friday night.
“It’s two skill guys fighting,” Maroon said following the Bruins’ morning skate at TD Garden Friday. “I mean, Tkachuk’s not going to fight me. So if I go out there and take a dumb penalty and they get a power play, then my job’s not accomplished, so can’t look at it like that.
Advertisement

“Just got to take numbers. Obviously, I didn’t like how he hit [Pastrnak] on the ground twice. I think that’s dirty.”
Like many of his teammates, Maroon appreciated Pastrnak’s willingness to accept Tkachuk’s challenge in the late stages of Game 2.

ADVERTISING

“I like the idea of him fighting,” said Maroon. “I think Pasta did a good job. That’s what leaders do, and he stood up for the team. He took charge.
Get Garden Party
A seasonal pop-up newsletter covering everything you need to know about the Celtics' and Bruins' postseasons.
Enter Email
“You’ve got to love that kind of stuff out of your leader, and he’s fighting another skilled player, but obviously it’s a game within the game. I don’t like the aftermath of it, so we know that part, right? So I mean, listen, I’ll probably never play against Tkachuk anyway, so let’s be realistic here.”
Maroon, one of seven Bruins hit with misconducts in Game 2, said his club should be upset, but not just about all the goings-on after the play stops.
“I think we should be pissed off for sure,” he said. “I think especially about our game, too, though.
“I think most importantly, all the other stuff — whatever, you know, the scrums, them yelling in our face after they score — it’s over. It’s done with. We’ve got to be mad in here. Play with intensity, play the way we’re supposed to be playing.
Advertisement

“We’re winning our battles, we’re doing the same thing, we’re hitting and we’re playing the simple game. A brand of hockey that the Bruins know how to play, and we’re in their face.
“Obviously the stuff that happened, we know what happened and it stays in this locker room.”
Playing with emotion while also controlling those emotions is a delicate balance but also a key to success, said Maroon, who has played on three Stanley Cup winners.
“I think you’ve just got to stay even keel,” he said. “Never too high. Never too low, right?
“So, listen, you can’t be taking penalties like, myself, in between whistles. I mean, the power play’s eventually going to get one, right? So you’ve just got to be smart between the whistles, play hard, and if anything’s out there, then maybe something will happen.
“But right now, we’ve just got to continue to play hard here.”

Jim McBride can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him @globejimmcbride.
Show comments

Last edited:

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB

Why don't the STH question it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad