Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 7:11 PM - THE BEAR is angry - TNT, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I have a sore throat this morning and my voice is almost gone.

It may be allergies.

If I cannot yell tonight...what to do?....Maybe use sign language (that Andy Ference taught me).
I heard that they designated a special coach for this problem:

Seriously though they really do need someone on the bench just to count players

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Going to be a very emotional game especially to start. I expect the chaos to resume quickly. Have to expect the crowd will be involved early.

Big game for Pasta incoming. He’s gonna be ready to go and the guys will run through a wall for him.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
This game is going to be extremely telling how the rest of the series goes. If the Bruins go back to just trying to play hockey and stay away from the rough stuff it’s a psychological win for FL. We know it too well since we were FL when we did it to Van in 2011. They tried to push back but their hearts werent totally into it (Marchand rabbit punching a Sedin with no push back comes to mind) and that’s why we started to take control of the series that many predicted we’d be blown out. So we need to see that bite stays with them throughout the series. They do, and they may not win but they’ll give them a hell of a battle. If they don’t series will be over in 5. This game is going to be huge

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Friday, May 10 (TD Garden, Boston, MA)
- Morning skate, 10:30 a.m.
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following morning skate
- Game vs. Florida Panthers, 7 p.m. (TV: TNT | Radio: 98.5)
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game
Thank you for this!

Reactions: Ladyfan and sooshii

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
This game is going to be extremely telling how the rest of the series goes. If the Bruins go back to just trying to play hockey and stay away from the rough stuff it’s a psychological win for FL. We know it too well since we were FL when we did it to Van in 2011. They tried to push back but their hearts werent totally into it (Marchand rabbit punching a Sedin with no push back comes to mind) and that’s why we started to take control of the series that many predicted we’d be blown out. So we need to see that bite stays with them throughout the series. They do, and they may not win but they’ll give them a hell of a battle. If they don’t series will be over in 5. This game is going to be huge
I’m more interested is seeing if what we saw with Floridas play in the last two periods,minus the shananigans because the game outcome wasn’t a question anymore, Was them changing their game style like the Leafs did after game 4 or was it the Bruins running out of steam .

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Would you settle for an "over the glass" penalty?

I think that if they initiate before the game Freddy etc will be thrown out early. They're going to have to be smart and have a better plan.
Punish them early and often but be careful on the stick work etc. It's obvious that they're going to throw Maroon out (too) as soon as they can IMO so he need to talk less, hit more.

For sure. The league will be watching and clearly what they always watch for is the retaliation and revenge. They think that’s how you police the sport.

What they miss is if they called things correctly from the start (Tkachuk in first minute of play) it is very effective in having a cleaner hockey game.

There’s a reason this spectacular sport is in 4th place.

Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

troubbble

Apr 25, 2024
this is a big game. Id go as far as saying the winner tonight probably wins the series.

According to the stats I've seen and last year's experience with the Panthers, it's more likely the winner of Game 2 that indicates the winner of the series.

But the results in the first round of the playoffs this year strongly resembled the results from last year...until they didn't. Here's hoping we can break another trend in this series.

Reactions: Gordoff

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Definitely ….lol
Would you settle for an "over the glass" penalty?

I think that if they initiate before the game Freddy etc will be thrown out early. They're going to have to be smart and have a better plan.
Punish them early and often but be careful on the stick work etc. It's obvious that they're going to throw Maroon out (too) as soon as they can IMO so he need to talk less, hit more.…

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Let's see

Pivotal game three, traditional crappy Garden ice, refs with whistles ready to make an early call to " keep the game under control"

Need to play hard and smart ..much as I would love a line brawl that needs to take a back seat to disciplined play ....if the Bs lead by three goals late in the third then they can get " truculent"

At least the game start is back to 7:00

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
While the rules of this forum - as well as the rules of gentlemanly sportsmanship - prohibit me from wishing any specific harm to our opponents this evening, I think the Bruins should do everything possible to make the Panthers as *ahem* ‘uncomfortable’ as possible.

Go the olde-fashioned route and make it a war of attrition. The goals will follow. Time to get a little crazy.

Bruins will lose that war.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I want to see clean but very, very hard hits by the Bruins from the first puck drop until the final siren sounds. No peeling away or letting up shit. I'm looking at you Coyle, Carlo, JVR & the other big boys who don't usually engage in the physical stuff.

DO.NOT.PASS.UP.THE.OPPORTUNITY.TO.HIT.IF.IT.PRESENTS.ITSELF.

FINISH.THOSE.HITS.

Let every Panther know there is a price to be paid for cheap shots & general douchebaggery.

NOT.IN.OUR.HOUSE.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Let's see

Pivotal game three, traditional crappy Garden ice, refs with whistles ready to make an early call to " keep the game under control"

Need to play hard and smart ..much as I would love a line brawl that needs to take a back seat to disciplined play ....if the Bs lead by three goals late in the third then they can get " truculent"

At least the game start is back to 7:00

If the Bruins lead by 3 goals late, truculence will find them.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad