Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 7:11 PM - THE BEAR is angry - TNT, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
No idea what to expect tonight. Hoping the Bruins buckle down with good forechecking and strong defense. Please keep track of who you are replacing on the changes: some of us older fans shudder with every too many men call(1979 aaarrgh) Monty said if he has to “start grabbing people’s pants” to keep them in the bench”:laugh:
My horoscope today ends: Tonight: be skeptical :huh:
Meanwhile, another busy work day to try and get through.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
While the rules of this forum - as well as the rules of gentlemanly sportsmanship - prohibit me from wishing any specific harm to our opponents this evening, I think the Bruins should do everything possible to make the Panthers as *ahem* ‘uncomfortable’ as possible.

Go the olde-fashioned route and make it a war of attrition. The goals will follow. Time to get a little crazy.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Happy May 10 Everyone!
737035292.033031.jpeg

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I changed to Fubo tv recently to save money on my cable bill. Because of that I no longer have TNT but I have HBO max. Does anyone know if Max will have the game in my region (New England) or is that only certain areas?

Reactions: Gordoff

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
As a Bruins fan, I have a love/hate relationship with May 10.

May 10, 1970 was the date of the most iconic moment in Bruins history. One could make the argument that it is the most iconic moment in Boston sports history. A glorious day!

On the other hand, the Bruins’ most iconic defeat came 9 years to the day later. I’ve read @Fenway ’s account of that night a few times, and it’s more heartbreaking each time I read it.

To paraphrase Job 1:21 ~ May 10 giveth… May 10 taketh away.

Let us see how May 10, 2024 treats us.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I do not want another (too many men on the ice penalty)....:help: Get it done guys.
Would you settle for an "over the glass" penalty?

Puck drop. Immediately address the elephant in the room. Let them know you're not gonna take it. Then after it's addressed, you play your game. Forecheck. Hits. Take no shit. But have it Immediately addressed so it doesn't linger.
I think that if they initiate before the game Freddy etc will be thrown out early. They're going to have to be smart and have a better plan.
Punish them early and often but be careful on the stick work etc. It's obvious that they're going to throw Maroon out (too) as soon as they can IMO so he need to talk less, hit more.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I have a sore throat this morning and my voice is almost gone.

It may be allergies.

If I cannot yell tonight...what to do?....Maybe use sign language (that Andy Ference taught me).
I've been sick for over 3 weeks, finally went to the doctor. Bronchitis and a sinus infection. Today after 2 days on anti-biotics the cough is still there but the laryngitis is clearing a bit. Screaming at the TV during game one didn't help with the throat or the terrific headache.

No idea what to expect tonight. Hoping the Bruins buckle down with good forechecking and strong defense. Please keep track of who you are replacing on the changes: some of us older fans shudder with every too many men call(1979 aaarrgh) Monty said if he has to “start grabbing people’s pants” to keep them in the bench”:laugh:
My horoscope today ends: Tonight: be skeptical :huh:
Meanwhile, another busy work day to try and get through.
Don't watch the clock while you're at work. That makes the day drag 10Xs slower.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Puck drop. Immediately address the elephant in the room. Let them know you're not gonna take it. Then after it's addressed, you play your game. Forecheck. Hits. Take no shit. But have it Immediately addressed so it doesn't linger.
Totally agree. The problem is that when, and if, the Bruins try to address it there’ll be a steady stream to the penalty box while Matty Tkachuk and his fellow ahem kitties ahem will be continually allowed to get away with their crap. We’ve seen that movie a hundred times before. But I don’t care: be big, mean and f***ing nasty. Go Bruins!!!!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

BEDFORD — “Too many men on the ice” are words that haunt longtime Bruins fans, who bear deep scars from Montreal, 1979.
The current Bruins have yet to lose a playoff game because of one of those penalties, but they are playing with fire.
Only five NHL teams have committed more too-many-men infractions in a single postseason than the 2023-24 Bruins, and those teams collected theirs over a full spring.
The Bruins, with five such penalties in nine games, are on pace to smash the league playoff record — six — as they enter Friday’s Game 3 of the second round against Florida.

“It’s good to set records. It’s a positive, right?” coach Jim Montgomery replied sarcastically to a reporter noting that fact. “Like I said, I take full responsibility. I have to be clearer. I have to be louder. And if I have to start grabbing people’s pants so they don’t jump when they shouldn’t, I’ll start doing that.”

“All of us together — the communication, receiving the communication — needs to be better,” Montgomery said. “Last night, there was no excuse for the too-many-men.”

Montgomery’s frustration was apparent when he reviewed the situation to reporters Thursday afternoon at Hanscom Field.

“I’d like to say it’s easy to solve with our group,” he said. “I think it is easy to solve. But it’s a different player, at a different moment.

“And it’s sometimes the guy coming to change stops and goes back, the guy watching the guy coming to change has to watch him to the bench, while he knows where the puck is. The last two were guys jumping when it wasn’t supposed to be them going on the ice.

“That’s why I say, all these things, it’s clear that it’s my responsibility to make them better in those areas. I don’t want to answer anymore. Thanks.”

The teams that messed up more than the Bruins include the 2021-22 Lightning, who committed their six infractions over 23 games; the 2014-15 Lightning (26 games), the 2012-13 Bruins (22 games), the 2010-11 Canucks (25 games), and the 1990-91 Penguins (25 games).

All of those teams made the Final, but only the ‘91 Penguins skated the Stanley Cup around on those jittery legs.

“We’ve got to sharpen up,” winger James van Riemsdyk said. “It’s the playoffs, so there’s always going to be different matchups and line matching and line juggling that goes on, so it’s up to us to be a little bit more plugged in for when we’re jumping on.

“That’s usually how it goes. Usually guys on the bench will call out who they have. I think we have to maybe be a little more vocal so everyone on the bench can hear. If two guys say they have the same guy, we know something’s wrong.”

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
unfurl="true"]https://www.bostonglobe.com/2024/05/09/sports/bruins-playoffs-too-man-men-penalties/[/URL]

BEDFORD — “Too many men on the ice” are words that haunt longtime Bruins fans, who bear deep scars from Montreal, 1979.
The current Bruins have yet to lose a playoff game because of one of those penalties, but they are playing with fire.
Only five NHL teams have committed more too-many-men infractions in a single postseason than the 2023-24 Bruins, and those teams collected theirs over a full spring.
The Bruins, with five such penalties in nine games, are on pace to smash the league playoff record — six — as they enter Friday’s Game 3 of the second round against Florida.

“It’s good to set records. It’s a positive, right?” coach Jim Montgomery replied sarcastically to a reporter noting that fact. “Like I said, I take full responsibility. I have to be clearer. I have to be louder. And if I have to start grabbing people’s pants so they don’t jump when they shouldn’t, I’ll start doing that.”

“All of us together — the communication, receiving the communication — needs to be better,” Montgomery said. “Last night, there was no excuse for the too-many-men.”

Montgomery’s frustration was apparent when he reviewed the situation to reporters Thursday afternoon at Hanscom Field.

“I’d like to say it’s easy to solve with our group,” he said. “I think it is easy to solve. But it’s a different player, at a different moment.

“And it’s sometimes the guy coming to change stops and goes back, the guy watching the guy coming to change has to watch him to the bench, while he knows where the puck is. The last two were guys jumping when it wasn’t supposed to be them going on the ice.

“That’s why I say, all these things, it’s clear that it’s my responsibility to make them better in those areas. I don’t want to answer anymore. Thanks.”

The teams that messed up more than the Bruins include the 2021-22 Lightning, who committed their six infractions over 23 games; the 2014-15 Lightning (26 games), the 2012-13 Bruins (22 games), the 2010-11 Canucks (25 games), and the 1990-91 Penguins (25 games).

All of those teams made the Final, but only the ‘91 Penguins skated the Stanley Cup around on those jittery legs.

“We’ve got to sharpen up,” winger James van Riemsdyk said. “It’s the playoffs, so there’s always going to be different matchups and line matching and line juggling that goes on, so it’s up to us to be a little bit more plugged in for when we’re jumping on.

“That’s usually how it goes. Usually guys on the bench will call out who they have. I think we have to maybe be a little more vocal so everyone on the bench can hear. If two guys say they have the same guy, we know something’s wrong.”
Can they practice line changes in morning skate?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad