Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I didn't see the ending of the game as I was lucky enough to be at the Canucks / Oilers game one and that one was a reminder of how a team with dedication and determination can upset any opponent.

Bruins showed last night that they want this and won't be quitting anytime soon.

Friday shows me the future of the Bruins.

Reactions: BMC

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Says who? you? give it a rest already. The Panthers grew balls after all the Bruin Big guys got tossed LOL

Panthers embarrassed themselves
Plus they had the lead. Their defensemen started to stand up at the blueline and force the puck carrier. Their guys started coming high with their hands when checking the Bruins around the Florida goal.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Wish the Bruins had more pushback on the scoreboard rather than the sideshow stuff.

This team seems to pack it in when down a couple goals in a game.
the 3rd goal was the killer. I packed it after that, and Im pretty sure they did as well.
You could tell they were gassed. So many giveaways in that 2nd period alone by the defensemen.
If the Bruins win tomorrow I will feel a whole lot better about them winning this series.
Tomorrows game is huuuuge.
Will Swayman get back to Tim Thomas level? Can we get pressure on Bob? Can we get the puck out of the zone?? can mcavoy and pasta break out? I cant wait for this game.

Brazzeau has had a handful of 2 on 1s and a breakaway goal. If he is slow then 95% of our team is too slow
that 2 on 1 with beecher was the perfect pass off the pad shot, and Beecher had his head in the clouds.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
More.
1715287419730.png

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I’m not really worried about last night. Happy we are 1-1 going back to Boston.

One thing I’m actually really annoyed with is the consistent dumb penalties like too many men on the ice.

It’s a very bad, careless penalty to have reoccurring. It’s a lack of focus. 5 in 9 games.

All year long. Bruins lead the league in bench minors, which is not a stat they should be proud of.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
All the talk about old, slow players.....I remember Chara striding over the blue line, pirouetting and scoring. I think @CamFan81 made a gif of it. i am not sure if my memory is correct, but I think that was a hat trick night for him. Big players just don't skate as fast. I love Brazz and he isn't that slow but he is very big.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
A scoring chance is defined based on quality. A point shot isn't a scoring chance

Who said point shots? I said shooting from everywhere. You mean the 1st and 3rd goals last night weren't scoring chances?

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Who said point shots? I said shooting from everywhere. You mean the 1st and 3rd goals last night weren't scoring chances?
I misinterpreted "Easy to out chance your opponent when you shoot the puck from everywhere" as they have more scoring chances because they shoot it from everywhere aka less quality places aka point shots.

So yeah Florida shoots from anywhere and it also happenes to be medium to high scoring areas and at a much greater clip than Boston.

Reactions: BruinDust

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
yeah you know Maurice won`t play Tkachuk right off the opening faceoff so perfect chance for Maroon to give Barkov the Kassian vs Tkachuk treatment cuz you just know Tkachuk won`t do a thing with Maroon
But that’s dumb

I’d rather if tkachuk fight right off the bat - basically do like Trouba against Frederic - get down after he throws a couple - take the air out of the building.

Correct approach

Let him be hit the entire game

You can do much more damage with open Ice hits then 95 % of fights

Hit him everytime- nip at heels

The objective is

Keep him uncomfortable and the one being hunted

Fight him when he’s been clipped and hit and worn down

Monty should be fired if he sends someone out to fight him but commended if he sends a team out there to hit every Panthers they can hard and forceful and especially finish - go thru - #19

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Tkachuk is the heart of the Panthers. Target him relentlessly, make him hurt, if they can neuter him it would be huge. He played the Bruins perfectly to start the game, that chin strap is very loose, he knew what he was doing and refs fell for it. If you are going to do that, take a slug at him, nothing to lose.

I know Bennett is traveling but that means nothing. Easy target too if he returns. Montour needs a lesson as well.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Tkachuk is the heart of the Panthers. Target him relentlessly, make him hurt, if they can neuter him it would be huge. He played the Bruins perfectly to start the game, that chin strap is very loose, he knew what he was doing and refs fell for it. If you are going to do that, take a slug at him, nothing to lose.

I know Bennett is traveling but that means nothing. Easy target too if he returns. Montour needs a lesson as well.
That's what Vegas did last year to beat them. We need to initiate contact more than all this reacting to stuff. Run them before they get a chance to run us.

Ignore Tkachuk after you hit him though. Just hit and move on. He's a master at drawing retaliation penalties.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Reinhart looks like a mouse with the way his face looks. I can't describe it but anytime they show a close up of his face I can't see anything else

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Tkachuk is a chicken. He won't fight a big player. Goes after smaller players to get his stripes. I think he sucked Monty into his clown show. He actually has done what Maurice wanted by getting him to do. Get the attention away from the Bruins game plan and on to the idiot. Bruins need to stick to their plan and play a solid 60 minutes beat the Panthers on the score board.

Reinhart looks like a mouse with the way his face looks. I can't describe it but anytime they show a close up of his face I can't see anything else
Looks like Opey on the Andy Griffin show

Reactions: bruins19

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
“I think it was just their bottom-six guys were doing what they were doing, which I don’t think we really liked on our side,” Tkachuk told reporters Thursday.

Tkachuk the coward is a low intelligence, low toughness want to be Marchand, yet 6'3.

Later acts as though he is a skill player/non fighter as a credit to himself for fighting Pastrnak.

Absolute garbage. Little accountability or honor with that one. His brother is embarrassed on his behalf.

Despite crosschecking Lindholm after a goal, Montour taunting Marchand after a goal, and the other nonsense.

Florida is only tough until held accountable like any fake bully.

We saw it against Vegas when the NHL applied the rules. It was Florida left with post game tantrums and Vegas laughing mockingly at their efforts.

Play with the lead and Florida unravels.

Last edited:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
“I think it was just their bottom-six guys were doing what they were doing, which I don’t think we really liked on our side,” Tkachuk told reporters Thursday.

Tkachuk the coward is a low intelligence, low toughness want to be Marchand, yet 6'3.

Later acts as though he is a skill player/non fighter as a credit to himself for fighting Pastrnak.

Absolute garbage. Little accountability or honor with that one. His brother is embarrassed on his behalf.

Despite crosschecking Lindholm after a goal, Montour taunting Marchand after a goal, and the other nonsense.

Winning against weasels like that and the lowly Habs is so satisfying. And winning this series the Bruins will.

Enjoy Bruins fans!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad