Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
The bitching about tkachuk targeting pasta is insane. He asked if he wanted to go, pasta could have said no. Instead pasta said yes and asked montgomery if it was ok. He was more than willing.
I'm fine with the tilt, it's the couple shots while Pasta was on the ice that i really didn't like. That's bullshit even among the goons

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
To those people ( I include myself) who thought that McAvoy was going to be the next Bruins captain, I think we were wrong, Pasta's actions last night were the actions of a true leader, a player who will do anything to help his team, he will wear the next C in Boston and deservedly so.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
To those people ( I include myself) who thought that McAvoy was going to be the next Bruins captain, I think we were wrong, Pasta's actions last night were the actions of a true leader, a player who will do anything to help his team, he will wear the next C in Boston and deservedly so.
Let’s not give up on McAvoy just yet . He can turn it around and have a good series , we need him and we need Peeke back . Any updates on Peeke ?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I'm fine with the tilt, it's the couple shots while Pasta was on the ice that i really didn't like. That's bullshit even among the goons

Ya can definitey be mad at the cheap shots.

More or less I’m just seeing people say it’s targeting and need Freddy on pastas line to protect him.

When in my mind that’s about as *professional* as you can get to start a fight. Offer the fight, let the player go to the bench and ask the coach, then wait for the next shift to fight.

I guess I’m just curious how people think Freddy is going to protect a guy who agreed to a fight on the bench and got permission from the coach

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Let’s not give up on McAvoy just yet . He can turn it around and have a good series , we need him and we need Peeke back . Any updates on Peeke ?

This has nothing to do with McAvoy's poor play, it's about leadership, Pasta has it, last night proved it beyond a doubt, this is why he will eventually replace Marchand as captain.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This has nothing to do with McAvoy's poor play, it's about leadership, Pasta has it, last night proved it beyond a doubt, this is why he will eventually replace Marchand as captain.
I agree. Love Mac but Pasta appears to be more of a leader. It has looked this way for a couple of years to me from where I sit..

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yup.

He took the opportunity to lead by example. We're f***ing incredibly lucky he came out of that unscathed, but that's the kind of heart I want to see from my leadership. Also love Montgomery telling him to go for it if he wanted to. You say no there and it could be a series defining (in a bad way) moment. **

**Again, he wasn't hurt. If he was, maybe I'd be feeling differently.
You are bang on here about incredibly lucky.I want Bruins to put Lauko in and let him do his thing.

I know people want blood but this is what Panthers want. Beat them on the score board first. Then get your pound of flesh
There is ways to do it though and still win.Just take that extra on their softer skilled players when opportunities present it .

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I’m so proud of Pasta.

I’ll be honest- I HATED how he took *hit from Knies last series (Knies got right in his face and challenged him and he walked away) and also backed away from Reilly. Right choices or not, I felt like they made a bit of a mockery of him.

Last night he stepped up and his actions spoke more than words. But then his words spoke even more post game! Such a “we’re all in this together boys” moment.

I love this guy

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Pasta wasn't challenging the Panthers with that fight. He was challenging his big teammates to show up.
Prob tired of being targeted and cheap shotted steady .Bruins need to answer it

Screw all the extra stuff if they don’t find a way to throw Barkov off his game. He’s the guy they need to be drilling late and often. If he goes down the panthers have 2 players capable of playing defense.
Definitely be smacking him in chops to send clear message

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
I understand why so many people want to see some Panthers get smacked down on Friday night, especially Tkachuk, but I think we should move forward from the statement that was made last night and avoid playing this game with them any further.

It's time to focus on targeting Bobrovsky again for a change.
Disagree, Tketchup needs to answer for his hitting Pasta while he was down on the ice. What happens after that happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad