Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
The turnovers in our own end are CRAZY.

McAvoy made a few in game 7, and game 1 that he got away with, that were just as bad as the one that led to their third goal last night.

I don't even know what can be done to rectify it. It's a mental thing, and we just have to hope our guys can bear down and get a sharper focus.

right? Those soft clears. I swear they can't keep doing that. Give me a hard icing that either makes it out or isn't turned over. It's better than THOSE

Sitting at chemo w my dad and even he said Florida plays like a bunch of Ken Linsemans lol.

Let's get 3 more W's for your old man!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What really pissed me off was the fact that Pasta had to answer the bell. He is a soft goal scorer and has no clue how to fight. Tkachuk is 6'2 and over 200 pounds...where was Charlie Coyle? He wears an "A" and should have been that guy not Pasta. If Florida plays that physical and rough this Bruins team has no chance.
Another one I'm almost done with. This nice guy schtick across the board needs to be put on hold for this series. No way anyone capable of fighting MT should've let Pasta fight. I just hope that he isn't concussed after that.
It's like a home invasion took place and the "man of the house" sends in his 8 year old to fight them while the man hides. If this team doesn't figure out how to do the right thing then they're finished. Fighters gotta fight, goal scorers need to score. Pasta should not be getting challenged and fighting. If injured it's to the disgrace of any team mate that he went past to take the challenge.

Reactions: Bodit9 and KWbruin

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The very first play of the game our defensemen had plenty of time to make a play with possession (not even a dump in), but they went D to D and rimmed it and turned it over immediately. Florida wasnt even in on em yet. But they are clearly in the Ds head. Without changing that we are f***ed. What can the Bs do to break out the puck? This auto pilot rim fest is playing into floridas hands. This picture is the "pressure" that lead our D to shat their pants View attachment 867736
Coaching is needed.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
A lot of turn overs are caused by Bruin players getting hit in their end and not making solid decision managing pucks. They dump pucks off in any direction and the Panthers pick them off. One issue the Bruins have had is clean break outs in this series and the last. They did a better job in the first game and first period of last night. After that they backed in and got sloppy because of the hard forecheck and hits.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Marchand should be head coach.Asked about Pasta..you don't want to see guys like that doing that .They could blow shoulder out u name it when they go to ice like that .

Reactions: Gordoff

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
The turnovers in our own end are CRAZY.

McAvoy made a few in game 7, and game 1 that he got away with, that were just as bad as the one that led to their third goal last night.

I don't even know what can be done to rectify it. It's a mental thing, and we just have to hope our guys can bear down and get a sharper focus.
they were horrible.
Tying goal was a turnover by Wotherspoon. all he had to do was reverse behind the net to forbort.
I swear the Bruins are the worst team at getting the puck out of the zone off the glass. Worst by far, Marchand did it again on the 3rd goal.
@nd goal was just an all out brain fart by Mcavoy. All goals were gifted.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Might be wrong on this, but I think that topic was raised at the last GMs meetings. IIRC, there was talk of allowing for a warmup in this situation.
Common sense is not in abundance at the billionaires meetings. How much can we make on advertisements on the uniforms, boards, and ice? Now that's important!

Reactions: BMC

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Funny everyone posting Maroon this Maroon that. What's wrong with Freddy Beecher Coyle JVR Brazeau and the rest of the 6 ft 200 lbs + Bruins.
Last I heard hockey was a team game. The 3rd and 4th lines need to target the Cats D and the Bruins D must punish Tkachuk, Barkov and Reinhart. Plus every Bruins must stir the pot after the whistle with a little facewash or stick to the back of the legs. Keep hitting their Dmen it will payoff in game 6 and 7. I remember last year the Bruins banged up Montour left shoulder in game 4 I believe and then didn't hit him the rest of the series.(which came back to haunt them in game 7)
You do know three guys you are calling out got tossed? Don't put Freddy in with the Coyle's JVR'S.

Freddy has been great

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Hopefully Maroon gets to knock someones head off before he gets thrown out the next time. He must've been shocked at the short fuse the refs have for anything in the way of a Bruin being pro-active. The Panthers need a beatdown in every way on Friday. If Monty neuters his team and doesn't let coach Maroon rally the troops he is signing his dismissal papers as soon as the post season ends for the Bruins. Also, I've said it before but Monty shouldn't have let Pasta fight but if any other player saw the teams #1 star fight that punk and didn't get incensed at the sight of Pasta taking those punches and coming down on his head like that and doesn't do something about it he needs to go post season.

So you want Maroon to score goals and Pasta to fight? C'mon!
No , just wish I saw the Maroon I remember seeing a few years ago in the playoffs who could skate a little and make a play, not constantly chasing the play like he is now . When he gets his hands on the puck he usually makes an intelligent play but that doesn’t happen very often anymore .

Reactions: lextune

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
A lot of turn overs are caused by Bruin players getting hit in their end and not making solid decision managing pucks. They dump pucks off in any direction and the Panthers pick them off. One issue the Bruins have had is clean break outs in this series and the last. They did a better job in the first game and first period of last night. After that they backed in and got sloppy because of the hard forecheck and hits.

The speed of their forecheck vs ours is noticeable. So little time. But thst's why you commit to an easy hard clear imho. No time to be cute.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Hopefully Maroon gets to knock someones head off before he gets thrown out the next time. He must've been shocked at the short fuse the refs have for anything in the way of a Bruin being pro-active. The Panthers need a beatdown in every way on Friday. If Monty neuters his team and doesn't let coach Maroon rally the troops he is signing his dismissal papers as soon as the post season ends for the Bruins. Also, I've said it before but Monty shouldn't have let Pasta fight but if any other player saw the teams #1 star fight that punk and didn't get incensed at the sight of Pasta taking those punches and coming down on his head like that and doesn't do something about it he needs to go post season.

So you want Maroon to score goals and Pasta to fight? C'mon!
It’s not that black and white and you know it . I don’t want Pasta fighting , all I want him to do is grind his way through the physical play , go to the dirty areas and score goals like he can . Hoping Maroon could move a little better instead of chasing the play isn’t unreasonable in my opinion.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
The bitching about tkachuk targeting pasta is insane. He asked if he wanted to go, pasta could have said no. Instead pasta said yes and asked montgomery if it was ok. He was more than willing.

Yup.

He took the opportunity to lead by example. We're f***ing incredibly lucky he came out of that unscathed, but that's the kind of heart I want to see from my leadership. Also love Montgomery telling him to go for it if he wanted to. You say no there and it could be a series defining (in a bad way) moment. **

**Again, he wasn't hurt. If he was, maybe I'd be feeling differently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad