Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Now Maroon knows what it's like to be a Bruin

I bet he never got tossed in the playoffs for such a dangerous gesture before

Cousins deserves everything he gets ....and more

Hopefully Maroon gets to knock someones head off before he gets thrown out the next time. He must've been shocked at the short fuse the refs have for anything in the way of a Bruin being pro-active. The Panthers need a beatdown in every way on Friday. If Monty neuters his team and doesn't let coach Maroon rally the troops he is signing his dismissal papers as soon as the post season ends for the Bruins. Also, I've said it before but Monty shouldn't have let Pasta fight but if any other player saw the teams #1 star fight that punk and didn't get incensed at the sight of Pasta taking those punches and coming down on his head like that and doesn't do something about it he needs to go post season.

Maroon’s tough guy image is fine but where is the guy who could make plays and provide a little bit of offense. His skating is glacial and his line is hemmed in the zone constantly.
So you want Maroon to score goals and Pasta to fight? C'mon!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Forwards are too high, the D are being outnumbered. It's not the D's fault, where are the outlets?

Stop shitting on the D, the forwards stood around and watched plenty last night and lost a shit ton of board battles and races to loose pucks in the Dzone. Dead legs.

Agreed.

The forwards in general are bad along the boards in their defensive zone. Puck gets within two feet of the blueline but often doesn't get out of the zone. Really bad last night.

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
This nonsense of not allowing a cold goalie coming in (to warm up) after 2 hours on the bench is not conducive to good hockey practice. I've hated it as much as I hate the over the glass penalty.
Might be wrong on this, but I think that topic was raised at the last GMs meetings. IIRC, there was talk of allowing for a warmup in this situation.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Sorry, if already posted:

Bruins next Captain right there!

This is why the tame ending of the Bruins was embarrassing. They essentially said that fight settles it and called it a night. Even with Tkachuk landing the shots on the ice on Pastrnak.

Well done Pastrnak, he is the best player in this series and can find that level of production as well.

Now Maroon knows what it's like to be a Bruin

I bet he never got tossed in the playoffs for such a dangerous gesture before

Cousins deserves everything he gets ....and more

Watching the hefty overreaction and panic by the official gesturing the penalty is simply comical for the NHL. This is the best it has.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
That 3rd goal was ridiculous. His job is to clear the front of the net for Swayman. Instead he is doing Florida's job for them. And he is handling the puck like it us a grenade. This is not the player we shelled out all of this cash for.
I still have faith in Mac to turn it around. But these excuses for him are lazy imo. Oh he's overworked and being targeted? Are you kidding me? Have you seen what Hughes went though the first round? If he can't handle it then he is NOT a top 5 or even top 10 defensemen.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Also the poor Florida players. Stuck playing in front of non hockey fans who leave a playoff game early, are so quiet throughout... the best they can do is think Tkachuk is "tough" because they do not know better.

Imagine looking up after these brawls and seeing empty seats everywhere.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
A girl can hope! I want a full out Dallas vibe.

Get it over with. Set the tone early. After that. Play our game. Take no shit, but play our game.
I can just see Pasta and Lohrei getting thrown out and Florida punks not even getting penalized. Refs will say that they Bruins were the aggressors and "we can't have that in our game." The NHL is bogus.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
This is why the tame ending of the Bruins was embarrassing. They essentially said that fight settles it and called it a night. Even with Tkachuk landing the shots on the ice on Pastrnak.

Well done Pastrnak, he is the best player in this series and can find that level of production as well.

Watching the hefty overreaction and panic by the official gesturing the penalty is simply comical for the NHL. This is the best it has.
He had no shots on net last night and a secondary assist in the first game, "best" player in the series?

If he continues to be the "best" player we are done in 5. Bruins need a shit ton more from him, they pay him to score goals not be the side show.

I will be willing to bet he picks up his game after last night and we need him too

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Also the poor Florida players. Stuck playing in front of non hockey fans who leave a playoff game early, are so quiet throughout... the best they can do is think Tkachuk is "tough" because they do not know better.

Imagine looking up after these brawls and seeing empty seats everywhere.

Go to a lot of games in Florida, do ya?

Reactions: GoBs

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I'm happy they stuck up for themselves.

I'm not happy that they had a ton of chances early to put the Panthers on their heels and couldn't convert. That's a concerning pattern, IMO.

As far as the "if I told you on X date we'd be leaving Florida with a split" crew...I mean, sure. But it doesn't work that way. The team dominated in G1 and their play severely fell off as the game went on in G2. Based on their play in G1, it was reasonable to hope to head home up 2 - 0.

I'm happy with a split, but I'm not happy with how quickly things fell apart.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
Funny everyone posting Maroon this Maroon that. What's wrong with Freddy Beecher Coyle JVR Brazeau and the rest of the 6 ft 200 lbs + Bruins.
Last I heard hockey was a team game. The 3rd and 4th lines need to target the Cats D and the Bruins D must punish Tkachuk, Barkov and Reinhart. Plus every Bruins must stir the pot after the whistle with a little facewash or stick to the back of the legs. Keep hitting their Dmen it will payoff in game 6 and 7. I remember last year the Bruins banged up Montour left shoulder in game 4 I believe and then didn't hit him the rest of the series.(which came back to haunt them in game 7)

troubbble

Apr 25, 2024
I understand why so many people want to see some Panthers get smacked down on Friday night, especially Tkachuk, but I think we should move forward from the statement that was made last night and avoid playing this game with them any further.

It's time to focus on targeting Bobrovsky again for a change.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I understand why so many people want to see some Panthers get smacked down on Friday night, especially Tkachuk, but I think we should move forward from the statement that was made last night and avoid playing this game with them any further.

It's time to focus on targeting Bobrovsky again for a change.

Agreed.

Bruins can't try to beat them at their own game because it won't work.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
He had no shots on net last night and a secondary assist in the first game, "best" player in the series?

If he continues to be the "best" player we are done in 5. Bruins need a shit ton more from him, they pay him to score goals not be the side show.

I will be willing to bet he picks up his game after last night and we need him too

Best player is different than who is playing as such. If Pastrnak plays more like game 1 then he is indeed helping the Bruins win the series. Barkov may have an argument similar to Bergeron vs offensive centers such as Matthews.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Monty lit a fire under the teams ass last night. You can't have Pasta and Marchant doing your fighting but good on them for giving a crap. Bruins stars have a target on their backs. Hope the Bruins wake up and start nailing the Panthers stars. Why does Reinhart get free pass. Bruins have some big players that need to show more fortitude. Maroon should wipe the smile off Tkachuk's mug. This is why he was brought in. If they capitalized on their chances in the first period they win this.
Got the split now they have to take advantage of it. These series get more difficult as they move along. Get in the gutter and win the next game.
If Maroon could damage Tkachuk to the point of not playing again this OS he'd have done his job. Maroon needs to take someone out on that roster. Start with Tkachuk. No mercy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad