Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
noted tough guy David Pastrnak

They gotta show me something Friday.
He learnt to fight from ‘noted tough guy’ David Krejci 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Sheldon Keefe just fired
Wow. No surprise. Here comes the Berube train. Get ready for the TO media to say how the Cup is now theirs and how great he is. Blah blah blah blah……

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Matt is the ultimate spot picker

They way to play him was how Vegas did it - they targeted him in open Ice
You can't go around chasing this guy. he won't fight. They just need to play their game and score goals. However, everyone that's on the ice with him needs to take one or two opportunities where they might put themselves a little out of position but the pay off is to absolutely blow him up. Pick your spot and go for it.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
The very first play of the game our defensemen had plenty of time to make a play with possession (not even a dump in), but they went D to D and rimmed it and turned it over immediately. Florida wasnt even in on em yet. But they are clearly in the Ds head. Without changing that we are f***ed. What can the Bs do to break out the puck? This auto pilot rim fest is playing into floridas hands. This picture is the "pressure" that lead our D to shat their pants
1000003428.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff and Zillah

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Haha u beat me to it but I was just adding Berube
LOL!

I think Keefe last year saw what things were all about in TO more than any other year. He called out his top players…..next day he walked it all back. FO tells you to do that. He had to play a rookie goalie for a period, I think it was LY……FO tells you to do that. Their core 4 are treated like gold and they don’t perform in the playoffs. Unless they move 2 of them out, nothing will change. But the media will have them in the top 3 to win the Cup. Insufferable

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I'm so curious to what Maroon did to warrant 12 minutes in penalties for grabbing a guy on the collar. If he said something, he'd probably get an unsportsmanlike, but in no way shape or form is that "roughing", and if it is, everyone should pack up and never play hockey again.

Both Maroon and the Panther got booted out yet Maroon got the extra 2 minutes . All both guys did was yap yet somehow we get the extra penalty . Makes 0 sense to me

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Coaching is the last of Toronto’s problems. Firing Keefe is laughable.
The culture, players and the roster makeup are the biggest…… which all falls on Shanahan.
Their country club dysfunction is our gain.

As for the game last night, I’m not too concerned. Florida was bound to get their skating legs back. The real test is the next game.

Last edited:

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Weirdly not all that mad about last night's game. Coming in I figured the Panthers were gonna do everything they could to not go down 2-0, bruins got the better start and just kinda fell apart as the game went on. I think the extras curricular at the end (especially the pasta fight) will be a thing the team rallies around too. End of the day, you got the job done in florida and got a split. Time to protect home ice. The crowd will be ready to go friday night, that's for sure.

sportsvg

Dec 24, 2014
Ontario
I just don't see what Maroon brings unless we get into a game that is lopsided and gets ugly like last night and if that happens we already lost. I hear people talk about his great forechecking and board work???? All I see is forechecks dying when he can't make a play and pucks never getting out when they come up his wall. The only way he sends a message to anyone important is if his line is on the ice against their top lines, I sure as s$%@ hope Monty doesn't let that happen when he has last change in a game we have a chance to win.

The breakout is a disaster and needs to get figured out, maybe forwards need to be coming lower because the hard rim around the boards isn't working when the winger is up high close the their D, we are losing that battle every time. Maybe take a page out of Florida's book from last year and just flip it overtop of everyone (if our D are even capable of that and can find enough time and space to make it work). All I know right now is what they are doing worked fine against Toronto and a lazy Florida team in game one, but isn't working when they have their forecheck/cycle game going.

At the end of the day Florida provides all of the matchup problems we should have expected, winning isn't coming easy against this team. Don't over engage MT, it's like running around after Marchand that's exactly what he wants you to do. We always like to laugh when Marchand gets in other teams/fans heads, MT is officially in our heads at this point, right where he wants to be. Play him hard, hit him when the opportunity is there and hope he takes a stupid penalty and score on the PP, that's how you shut him up.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The very first play of the game our defensemen had plenty of time to make a play with possession (not even a dump in), but they went D to D and rimmed it and turned it over immediately. Florida wasnt even in on em yet. But they are clearly in the Ds head. Without changing that we are f***ed. What can the Bs do to break out the puck? This auto pilot rim fest is playing into floridas hands. This picture is the "pressure" that lead our D to shat their pants View attachment 867736
Forwards are too high, the D are being outnumbered. It's not the D's fault, where are the outlets?

Stop shitting on the D, the forwards stood around and watched plenty last night and lost a shit ton of board battles and races to loose pucks in the Dzone. Dead legs.

Reactions: Cam14b and sportsvg

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
We had some nasty thunderstorms & hail last night, interfered with the satellite dish so I missed the entire third which is a bummer I'd have loved to watch the Bruins stand up for themselves & each other even if they did lose the game.

WTF is up with Charlie McAvoy? Is he hurt? Is he in his own head? Is it both? He's not playing like a 9.5 million dollar defenseman.

David Pastrnak stepped up big time going with Tkachuk. Here's your best scorer & a non fighter taking on the other team's punk. Dangerous? Sure. Worth it? Absolutely because Pasta stood up for his teammates & that has to be inspiring to them.

Apparently the entire team has decided they are not to be bullied and that is a very welcome development. I look forward to Friday.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Weirdly not all that mad about last night's game. Coming in I figured the Panthers were gonna do everything they could to not go down 2-0, bruins got the better start and just kinda fell apart as the game went on. I think the extras curricular at the end (especially the pasta fight) will be a thing the team rallies around too. End of the day, you got the job done in florida and got a split. Time to protect home ice. The crowd will be ready to go friday night, that's for sure.

And if Beecher or Marchand hit the empty net in the first it would have been a different game.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I said game 7 against the Leafs would determine who wants to be a part of the new core moving forward. I think tomorrow's game is going to carry a similar weight. The Bruins have to respond and need a win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad