Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
On Sportsnet one of the guys said (in response to Pasta getting his stick broken from a slash) “usually those are penalties but sometimes in the playoffs they’re not”. I’m paraphrasing but lmao what? When the stick breaks that’s always called 100% of the time.
Yeah, I remember hearing that comment and thinking: "WTF???"

Gary Galley has soft spot for the Bruins, but last night he was following orders to keep it pro Florida.
Just call the game. HNIC & Sportsnet are a national embarrassment.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
What really pissed me off was the fact that Pasta had to answer the bell. He is a soft goal scorer and has no clue how to fight. Tkachuk is 6'2 and over 200 pounds...where was Charlie Coyle? He wears an "A" and should have been that guy not Pasta. If Florida plays that physical and rough this Bruins team has no chance.
This is true. Ktachuk has no respect for any Bruin. Monty should of surprised the idiot and sent a bigger player out. If Pasta gets injured in that fight Montybwould be fired if they get beat out. Kind of a dumb move allowing Ktachuk to run the narrative. Monty got suckered in by obliging him.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
This is true. Ktachuk has no respect for any Bruin. Monty should of surprised the idiot and sent a bigger player out. If Pasta gets injured in that fight Montybwould be fired if they get beat out. Kind of a dumb move allowing Ktachuk to run the narrative. Monty got suckered in by obliging him.
Monty is clueless at times.You watch his postgame?

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Pasta did twice as much for the B's than Ka-chook did for the Panthers. Showed that no one is afraid of the Panthers and the cheap shots when Pasta was down on the ice along with Montour's Mug gives twice as much poster board material in the B's locker room. There hasn't been a more protected POS prick since Bobby Clarke, that's obvious. Hit him every chance you get and just smile after he slashes and hacks. Not falling for his antics will drive him twice as crazy as he will you.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
That what I mean with reffing. Call the damn penalties as they happen. Otherwise they lose control because of pissed off players and coaches. Bruins shot themselves in the foot with mistakes. They never capitalized in the first and passed the puck off like a hot potato after.
Hah yeah. This is what I feel. Passing was brutal after the first.

Even near the end of the game Nikkola straight up interfered with Pasta on a forecheck like 4 times and it wasn’t called. This was after the refs started handing out 10mins like candy

Obviously refs weren’t why they lost but call the game. Also, call icings ;)

Find Pasta is trying to be too cute again, so many soft turnovers. Nice on him to drop the mitts with Tkachuk tho. Refs gifted two calls against him also & turned this game into the Tkachuk side show. Not something I like watching. The sell on the Carlo hook was pathetic. Just lifts his hands in the air lol

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I’d rather go to war with people who don’t assault women.
Agree. We’re not Chicago. Can’t look the other way on reprehensible behavior just for Cup chase.

A game like last night makes me pissed at him all over again, but the HMCS Lucic II has sailed. At least in Boston.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
The turnovers in our own end are CRAZY.

McAvoy made a few in game 7, and game 1 that he got away with, that were just as bad as the one that led to their third goal last night.

I don't even know what can be done to rectify it. It's a mental thing, and we just have to hope our guys can bear down and get a sharper focus.

Reactions: goldenblack

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Pasta did twice as much for the B's than Ka-chook did for the Panthers. Showed that no one is afraid of the Panthers and the cheap shots when Pasta was down on the ice along with Montour's Mug gives twice as much poster board material in the B's locker room. There hasn't been a more protected POS prick since Bobby Clarke, that's obvious. Hit him every chance you get and just smile after he slashes and hacks. Not falling for his antics will drive him twice as crazy as he will you.
Hit there soft guys and do stuff to them.Nothing Tkachuk can do about that .Go after guys like Reinhart & Forsling

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
A few thoughts:

Taking the bait from Tkachuk is letting him win. The first penalty of the game is a good example of that. He's an absolute punk, but the answer to that should be playing better hockey, not letting it get in your head.

McAvoy was almost singlehandedly responsible for putting us in a hole last night. Losing his stick and not retrieving it for unknown reasons, making himself completely useless (Goal #2) and pointlessly screening Swayman (Goal #3). And he's been looking bad for several games, too. Wondering if there's any possibility he wakes up, or if this is just what we can expect from him in tough playoff situations. Brutal to watch from a team leader.

My assumption was that we put Ullmark in because the game was getting out of reach and it was a free opportunity to make sure he stays loose... But it backfired somewhat when he allowed two more goals, eliminating any possible perception that he might be dominant if he got called later.

Being penalized for too many men needs to stop immediately. Ridiculous at this point.

Weirdly, we did much better on faceoffs in this game and had little to show for it. At least that's something though.

I think we need to win both games at home in order to turn this around, which is obviously a tall order. The Bruins need to play their absolute best hockey in order to survive. If we could've won last night, the Panthers would have been on the ropes, but we allowed them to get their swagger back and Bennett is going to be back in the mix soon, so this isn't going to get any easier.

May need to be lightly sedated for future games in this series.

Excellent post.

Pasta's lucky he didn't get hurt.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Bruins desperately trying to find a way to fulfill Keith Tkachuk’s three ticket request for G3 (Brady can’t make it so just the standard two for KT and one for Mrs. T).

Lot of logistics to work out still, so probably a GT decision on whether they can get him in the building. And more importantly, out of the building.

IMG_1334.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad