GDT: ECSF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
So clear that there are equal opinions on both sides and not just by those with a horse in the race. Very subjective call, could go either way. Only thing that matter is it was called

It’s what Ferraro said. In the corner that’s probably not a penalty, but when it could create an odd man rush the other way, it is a penalty.

Should it be that way? Maybe not, but that’s the kind of discretion that I think is good for the refs to employ.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
You don’t sell it when you are off balance he got right back up and yes it is a cross check. A weak call for OT but they missed the Hurricanes slashing a stick in half and a trip into the boards. They can’t rely on never getting penalties called for them. There special teams is to blame not the refs.
You also don't sell it in such a dangerous area of the ice. Trochek is obviously a lot smarter than that.

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
Nope. It was a cross push.
Ok even if I give that to you. Are you cool with the slash to the stick that broke it in half in front of the crease on a cross crease pass and the trip into the boards that when uncalled. The Hurricanes got there fair share of calls and just have been abysmal on special teams. They can’t get every call.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
You don’t sell it when you are off balance he got right back up and yes it is a cross check. A weak call for OT but they missed the Hurricanes slashing a stick in half and a trip into the boards. They can’t rely on never getting penalties called for them. There special teams is to blame not the refs.
Two hands on stick, slamming said stick into someone’s mid section = cross check every day of the week, Skjei is an idiot for doing that in open ice

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don’t think there was a dive on that last penalty. But there was also not a trip and not a cross check.

Just typical shit reffing by NHL.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ok even if I give that to you. Are you cool with the slash to the stick that broke it in half in front of the crease on a cross crease pass and the trip into the boards that when uncalled. The Hurricanes got their fair share of calls and just have been abysmal on special teams. They can’t get every call.
I’d have to watch the plays in question. But I guarantee you that last call was a
Trash call.

Reactions: TimeZone

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
He's 30 years old coming off a career high in points.....
Plus I'd say his game is based more on intensity and IQ as opposed to speed or things that might traditionally decline with age.

He's a smart player with a good work ethic, and he's a bit of an agitator, too.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
laugh-laughing.gif

You can't do that in open ice in double OT. Canes did not lose this game because of the Refs they lost it because Igor played very very very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Le Havre vs Marseille
    Le Havre vs Marseille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lens vs Montpellier
    Lens vs Montpellier