Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 - THE BEAR throws the cat over the cliff.....again - BRUINS 5 Sunrise 1 - BRUINS lead series 1-0

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Monty is strapping the centennial to Swayman. Sure it's logical to start Linus if you want to outhink yourself.

Heater like this....you just can't. Ride him till the rails fall off. Sway is seeing bullets in the matrix and catching them with his hands.
IMG_2216.png

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
The big heavy lineup was definitely the way to go. May be the biggest lineup we've seen in the past 15 years. Just shrugged off the physicality of the Panthers like it was nothing. Love it.

Swayman was the difference. Made it an easy 5-1 victory. Could have/Should have been a lot closer. Play him until he shows signs of wear. Bank the W's in the meantime knowing you have him locked in and Ullmark on standby. He's dialed in right now. May die off next shot/game/series, but you ride it as long as you can IMO.

Keep pounding them. This is a different team than last year. On both sides. They have the skill advantage this time. Keep it 5 on 5. Let your defense and goaltending do the work.

PoisonEye

Hugs
Aug 1, 2005
I'd like to see someone come in here with some advanced stats for us, but to my eyes, the Panthers played a good game. I'm not sure what they can change. If the Bruins bring this quality to every game, they win more than they lose. My concern is their consistency...gotta keep this up because the Panthers will keep playing like that.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Great win. Swayman was amazing. The rookies played well.

Got to give major props to Forbort. The guy had his season pronounced over, and he worked his ass off to get back on the ice. He just played a solid game and ate up 17.5 key minutes. Huge boost to have a 3rd pairing guy who could give that extra 7 min from what they were getting.
+ 2 & 6 hits 2 BS & was on pk 1:57

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I think I would put in Ullmark just to get him some goalie/ice time incase of an injury. He hasn't had a game since April 22, that's 15 days if he starts on Wednesday. I am the first to say stay with the hot hand. But we can't play Swayman every game to the cup final.
I am utterly baffled why people want to start Ullmark right now. Lol.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
The only question going forward is how long can J-SWAY stay on that unicycle?
If he falls off we have Ullmark. Until he falls off, you see how far you can take him.

If we can get past Florida we're playing with house money and you can take some risks. Right now, we NEED to beat the Panthers. We beat the panthers and we can start dreaming the dream. So we give them everything we have and see if we can leverage this first win into an upset. Personally i like our chances.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Question: If a Bruin anticipates the reverse hit coming from MT and just destroys him. Is that a penalty for boarding or hitting from behind?
IMO, the hit on Carlo was legal. The second one in the corner was borderline interference.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
What do you think the B's need to do different for game 2 .....

We need to tighten up the neutral zone a bit. The Panthers were getting a lot of transition and spend a lot of time in the Bruins end of the ice. Swayman stood on his head but he shoudln't have had to.

This is an area where we need Zacha and Coyle in particular to step up and be top line centers of a Stanley Cup team. It's tough because they're playing way over their heads but we need both of them to buckle down and get it done somehow. if we can get stronger play in the neutral zone we have every chance of taking this series in 5 or 6.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
If he falls off we have Ullmark. Until he falls off, you see how far you can take him.

If we can get past Florida we're playing with house money and you can take some risks. Right now, we NEED to beat the Panthers. We beat the panthers and we can start dreaming the dream. So we give them everything we have and see if we can leverage this first win into an upset. Personally i like our chances.
Can't get overconfident; just ask Vegas. They started their series 2-0 on Dallas ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad