Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 - THE BEAR throws the cat over the cliff.....again - BRUINS 5 Sunrise 1 - BRUINS lead series 1-0

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Swayman is 1st, 2nd and third star. No brainer, the net is his. He reminds me of Patrick Roy at his best in net. Love Linus, but Ullmark come in net only if Swayman is sick!

Love the third line game.

Pastrnak was really noticeable. Nice game.

Maroon did his job.

Great win. Panthers fans will need to wait for their walk in the park.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
pink panther saddled.gif

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
In the playoffs? Never. I know Ullmark is good, but you dance with the girl ya brung. Swayman is winning games. He stays in. If he gets hurt or need to come out you trust Ullmark to be ready, there's no need to overthink yourself in the playoffs.

That's the same deal we did with Thomas and Rask both on the roster. It works, keep doing it.
I said go with the hot hand, I agree with you. If you wanted this is the game to do it.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Monty is strapping the centennial to Swayman. Sure it's logical to start Linus if you want to outhink yourself.

Heater like this....you just can't. Ride him till the rails fall off. Sway is seeing bullets in the matrix and catching them with his hands.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Are the nets in Florida a little bigger or did the Bruins suddenly turn into sharpshooters?
Frankly Sheldon Keefe did a hell of a job of marshalling his forces in the series. He gets a lot of hate but he managed to get some banger defensive performances from guys without the most talent in the world. Reminded me a bit of Claude Julien, both for the defensive masterclasses AND for the game 7 shakiness

I don't think the Panthers are quite as disciplined as the Leafs were in the last 4 games, they're kinda arrogant because they beat us last year. We'll have to give them a second bloody nose next game then maybe we'll start seeing the same defensive tightness.

The Leafs came for our heads and it was the best thing that could have happened to us now we've survived. They gave us their best shot and we had to overcome adversity to win. We're seeing the benefits of that in game 1. First round adversity tends to be a precursor to some nice deep playoff runs for us because it forces the team to run a tight ship and get used to running a tight ship..

The Leafs this year were a great warmup in the first round, like the Canadiens who pushed us to the brink in the Cup year, or the LEafs who did us that favor the last 2 times we made the Finals.

Basically having a good tight 7 game series that forces the team to band together and play at a high level is a GREAT omen for potential deep playoff runs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad