GDT: ECSF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 4pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6089.jpeg

IMG_0424.gif
IMG_6073.jpeg

New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes
Game 1 - ECSF
****It’s Game Day***
IMG_6086.gif

IMG_6094.jpeg
IMG_6116.jpeg

IMG_6088.gif

IMG_6071.gif

IMG_5424.gif

IMG_6067.jpeg
Hurricanes Projected Line up

Jake Guentzel -- Sebastian Aho -- Andrei Svechnikov
Jordan Martinook -- Jack Drury -- Martin Necas
Teuvo Teravainen -- Jordan Staal -- Seth Jarvis
Jesperi Kotkaniemi -- Evgeny Kuznetsov -- Stefan Noesen

Jaccob Slavin -- Brent Burns
Brady Skjei -- Tony DeAngelo
Dmitry Orlov -- Jalen Chatfield

Frederik Andersen
Pyotr Kochetkov

Scratched:
Jackson Blake, Brendan Lemieux, Maxime Comtois, Scott Morrow, Bradly Nadeau, Spencer Martin, Dylan Coghlan, Ryan Suzuki, Ronan Seeley

Injured: Jesper Fast (upper body), Brett Pesce (lower body)

IMG_5088.png

Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Jack Roslovic
Artemi Panarin -- Vincent Trocheck -- Alexis Lafreniere
Will Cuylle -- Alex Wennberg -- Kaapo Kakko
Jimmy Vesey -- Barclay Goodrow -- Matt Rempe

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Braden Schneider
Erik Gustafsson -- Jacob Trouba

Igor Shesterkin
Jonathan Quick

Scratched:
Zac Jones, Chad Ruhwedel, Jonny Brodzinski, Louis Domingue, Adam Edstrom, Filip Chytil
Injured: Blake Wheeler (lower body)
IMG_5984.gif

IMG_5977.gif
IMG_6032.jpeg

IMG_4158.png

Last edited:

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Very nervous. Really need a good start to this one.

I'm concerned about officiating. Is it going to be Rempe called for everything he does? Willy nilly PPs for Carolina will NOT be good, their PP is really good.

I know one way to avoid Rempe's bad penalties.

But I guess we're gonna wait till he costs us a game.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Refs are going to call penalties. Matthew took 3 penalties in the first round. The first one on his first shift was total bs. The last one from the hit on Van Riemsdyk was really a borderline call but it also knocked Van Riemsdyk out for the rest (all of the 2nd and 3rd periods) of the game and the last game and the Rangers killed it off. The Canes have one of the league''s best power plays but the Rangers have one of the league's best penalty kills.

At some point you got to trust your team or you're probably going to be a nervous wreck. We gave up a couple power play goals to the Caps.....we also scored two shorthanded. The Canes special teams are clearly better than the Caps but one of the reasons the Rangers penalty kill is good is it swarms and pressures the opposition into making mistakes. Also good at collapsing and blocking shots when a unit gets caught out too long and then there's Igor.

Personally I look at Matthew in the first round as a net positive. Averaging close to 7 minutes a night he did get a goal, had 18 hits, his 4th line played effectively and contributed offense, defense and forechecking/hitting. Matthew personally sidelined TVR and another of his hits broke Oshie's hand. I see that kind of attrition on the opposing side as a good thing. A big reason why teams when they do win Cups is they're more healthy than the team(s) they face. A Stanley Cup playoff run is usually a brutal marathon and the least beat up usually wins. The best way to avoid attrition is to play less games and to do more physical damage to your opponents than they do to you. I know that's mean.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Must suck being a Leafs fans
Boston's had their number for years now. Regardless of other Canadian rivals, the Bruins have to be #1 on their shit list.
Must suck being a Leafs fans
I have to it admit it, I rooted hard for the Leafs, but now that I think about it, I'd rather Boston and the Panthers beat the snot out of one another. Better for us

Reactions: NYRangers16

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Refs are going to call penalties. Matthew took 3 penalties in the first round. The first one on his first shift was total bs. The last one from the hit on Van Riemsdyk was really a borderline call but it also knocked Van Riemsdyk out for the rest (all of the 2nd and 3rd periods) of the game and the last game and the Rangers killed it off. The Canes have one of the league''s best power plays but the Rangers have one of the league's best penalty kills.

At some point you got to trust your team or you're probably going to be a nervous wreck. We gave up a couple power play goals to the Caps.....we also scored two shorthanded. The Canes special teams are clearly better than the Caps but one of the reasons the Rangers penalty kill is good is it swarms and pressures the opposition into making mistakes. Also good at collapsing and blocking shots when a unit gets caught out too long and then there's Igor.

Personally I look at Matthew in the first round as a net positive. Averaging close to 7 minutes a night he did get a goal, had 18 hits, his 4th line played effectively and contributed offense, defense and forechecking/hitting. Matthew personally sidelined TVR and another of his hits broke Oshie's hand. I see that kind of attrition on the opposing side as a good thing. A big reason why teams when they do win Cups is they're more healthy than the team(s) they face. A Stanley Cup playoff run is usually a brutal marathon and the least beat up usually wins. The best way to avoid attrition is to play less games and to do more physical damage to your opponents than they do to you. I know that's mean.
1st bold. That thinking goes both ways, they ranked a little better in both categories.
2nd bold.......no, it's not. I re-watched Stadium series (mic'd up) and Lavy insisted on playing really physical. This thinking bodes well and you are absolutely RIGHT, and I don't believe it to be mean. That's life in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad