GDT: ECSF: Game 1 - Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yea, he definitely was but Bob was subpar and Boston got 4 goals on 29 shots so the defense wasn’t good enough.
I think Bob got lucky couple times to as did Swayman .I think alot people sell Bruins short .They only had 1 less pt and had a breakaway last yr in playoffs to win that series so its not that big a spread as people pretending on these hockey shows etc.This series will be a dogfight.

Reactions: DamonDRW

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

StrawHatEklund

Apr 16, 2024
San Jose
The Bruins made Florida look bad. The Bruins were not the beneficiaries of a bad night by Florida. That's where.
I never specified what caused the bad night (ie poor play/Boston’s defense) yet you’re so defensive about it. Wild. 😂

Florida also outshot the Bruins by 10 and won 13 more face offs. They couldn’t put their opportunities away, made mistakes (forced and unforced) and Swayman was in top form. So I disagree. Some of it was poor play by Florida.

Last edited:

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Not sure where this Lohrei kid came from. Only played 40 games in the regular season and then gets sent down to the farm. Then called back up due to the injury to Grzelcyk?
I doubt Gryzlyk sees the ice again for the Bs (injuries being the exception). He is not built to play against heavy teams, and his skating and passing are not good enough to make up for his shortcomings. Lohrei is a real talent with top-pairing potential.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
I really hated our game tonight, Boston played great and deserve the win. I hope we can step it up for Game 2.

Also all these people saying we would beat Boston easily…as if Boston hasn’t had our number since our species was primordial goo.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
The Bruins made Florida look bad. The Bruins were not the beneficiaries of a bad night by Florida. That's where.
Bruins were playing very well and due to that pressure from the Bs FL made several plays that don’t happen when they’re on top of their game, and the Bruins buried nearly every damn one. That’s not an excuse, it’s just true. Bruins were the better team tonight, and also benefiting from an off night for FL. Credit to the Bruins for a well earned win.

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
I never specified what caused the bad night (ie poor play/Boston’s defense) yet you’re so defensive about it. Wild. 😂

Florida also outshot the Bruins by 10 and won 13 more face offs. They couldn’t put their opportunities away and Swayman was in top form. So I disagree. Some of it was poor play by Florida.
You know you're right, it is wild. I mean everyone is 50/50 on this series, I act like 99% of people round the league and 99.99% of the sports media outside of Boston expect the Panthers to win the series in 2.5 games. I just don't know where this comes from, why I think this way, it is so Wild.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
"It was only the second time all season (90 games) — and first time since Nov. 14 — that two defensemen scored in the same game for the Bruins."

One of the key points from last year's series was the Bruins not scoring a single goal from the defense all series. Tonight they already got two.

StrawHatEklund

Apr 16, 2024
San Jose
You know you're right, it is wild. I mean everyone is 50/50 on this series, I act like 99% of people round the league and 99.99% of the sports media outside of Boston expect the Panthers to win the series in 2.5 games. I just don't know where this comes from, why I think this way, it is so Wild.
Even quite a few Bruins fans saw Florida as favorites prior to this series. I personally picked them in 5 or 6. Anyways, don’t take your beef with the media/NHL fandom out on random commenters.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Florida doesn't do it for me. Idc about their success this regular season/playoff success last year. They're a paper tiger, who will be knocked out in 6 games by Boston.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
After getting outmuscled by the Panthers last playoffs you have to think the Bruins got him at the deadline mainly for this series. Great move. Maroon is a real beauty come postseason.

Not just him; that third and fourth line can play the physical game for sure:

Maroon, Brown, Beecher, Frederic, Brazeau all will drop the gloves, hit and play the physical game against the Florida D just how we all expect the Florida forwards to attack the Bruins D.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Seems like Florida gave the Bs way more room to skate in and shoot at the bottoms of the dots compared to Toronto who clogged up all that space.

Toronto played a better defensive game than Florida did tonight. I expect that to change but damn, not having Gudas back there has such a different feel to it compared to OEL.

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad