GDT: ECSF: Game 1 - Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Until this year I took a couple of years off of watching the NHL (being a Sharks fan will do that to you, can only have your heart broken a number of times...)

Why the hell are they counting every little bump as a hit now?? 50+ hits that first period, seriously!?

Walking The Cow

Nov 5, 2023
Until this year I took a couple of years off of watching the NHL (being a Sharks fan will do that to you, can only have your heart broken a number of times...)

Why the hell are they counting every little bump as a hit now?? 50+ hits that first period, seriously!?
Who do you think San Jose will take with the 3rd overall pick? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Summer Rose

Vinh

Mar 19, 2010
Montreal
virtualhockeyscout.substack.com
They aren’t that good defensively. They play defense and put up great metrics by tilting the ice and grinding. Which isn’t a bad thing! But it’s basically the Bruins path. Get behind the D, win special teams, win goaltending. It’s not some unique earth shattering game plan. And it’s not one they have a greater than 50% chance of pulling off. But it’s not going to be a 4 or 5 game series, either.
Yeah, they basically do everything in their power (vicious forecheck and aggressive NZ defense) to avoid playing in the DZ. With that said, I do still think their coverage was uncharacteristically sloppy in the first. Forsling, who's typically steady as they come, seemed anxious.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I disagree, very middle of the pack team that lacks forward depth.

They're not a contender in 2024.
I think they are. If they are able to overcome the Panthers they will be in tough with the Rangers or Canes, but I like them in this series- Florida is good too!

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
You would think they just barely staggered into the playoffs the way some people are talking.
Yeah, they were the top dogs until the last game of the season. After that some claimed they tanked the Senaters game in order to have a match up with the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad