Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 8:11 PM - THE BEAR swims in the Everglades - ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

23 of 24 hockey people on espn picking Florida

My heart says Bruins but my head says Bruins as well

Always liked Steve Levy.

A complete consensus but no one picked a sweep.

Me thinks Bob is ripe for the taking. He had a .896 SV % in the Tampa series. Don't think Bobrovsky will be standing on his head like last years series. Pummel him with shots.

Bobrovsky had a .891 SV % in last year's series.

Reactions: goldenblack

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Let's continue mirroring the 2011 run. Beat our biggest rivals in recent playoffs in 7 round 1. Time for revenge for the choke in round 2.
I don't look at that loss as a choke but I guess its fair to say alot of people do.They had chances to win it but it just never happened.Thats playoff hockey sometimes.You need pucks to bounce the right way and officials to stay out of it at times but make right calls as well at other times.Anyways that was last season they have a chance to right this ship like they did vs Flyers in 2011.Should be a hard fought series.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Bruins in 7. Why? Why the hell not? Everybody is counting the Bruins out so there is no pressure. Florida is a different story- they made it all the way to the Final last season & lost. On paper they're better than the Bruins but the Bs's swept them 4-0 in the regular season.

During the playoffs anything can happen. This is why they play the games.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Us in 7.
We match up better this year than last year.
Would not surprise me if we see Ullmark in game 2.
Meanwhile Florida is going to ride Bob hard!

How do they match up better?

Won't be seeing the likes of Lyon and Fitzgerald this series.

Reactions: BMC

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
I can see why people saw our series against Toronto and think we'll get pushed around, but the Bruins rose to every game against Florida this season and didn't get pushed around too much (we didn't seem to have an answer for Bennett).

I've always thought Bennett is the biggest factor against the Bruins and not as much Tkachuk. Bennett being out some games is huge for the Bruins.

Reactions: sooshii and BMC

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I can see why people saw our series against Toronto and think we'll get pushed around, but the Bruins rose to every game against Florida this season and didn't get pushed around too much (we didn't seem to have an answer for Bennett).

I've always thought Bennett is the biggest factor against the Bruins and not as much Tkachuk. Bennett being out some games is huge for the Bruins.
Maroon needs to run him when he comes back.Send clear message .He missed games last year to .

Mirror image of 2011 run

Montreal (rival) > Philly (2010 revenge) > Tampa (random south team) > Vancouver

Toronto (rival) > Florida (2023 revenge) > Carolina (random South team) > Vancouver (2.0 rematch)

It's written in the stars
I am pulling for Carolina to beat Rangers too.They could have won yesterday but Anderson killed them.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
On the subject of goaltending, How can you not ride Swayman until he falters ?
But then dont you end up with a really cold Ullmark,Bruins don’t have a typical back up goalie there both used to playing.When Swayman came in for game 7 last year,he played all right,but he was off you could see it . It’s a difficult call I get what you’re saying though.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yeah still don’t get what was going on there,even the Devils in their defensive cup winning prime,didn’t hold teams to 1 shot a period.I sure hope we don’t see anymore of that garbage from the Bruins this round.

I honestly will be shocked if we don't see it this series.

I don't mind who they put in net. Sway is on a roll but could use a break. Linus has a score to settle with Florida, so either one is fine with me.
I am fine with Ullmark pulling a Billy Smith a couple of times with Matt Tkachuk tonight,Chop chop on the ankle and feet...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad