Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am so happy to have my team being the underdog this year. Even a good percentage of Bruins fans aren’t expecting much. So much nicer than last time.
At the start of the season, I didn't think the Bs had any chance at the playoffs.

The game last night was a blast. We had so much fun. The win made my drive home to NH seem shorter.

I trust both of our net minders.

Who knows what will happen. I said Bs in 6 but ???

GO BRUINS!

Florida sweep. They are well rested and Bruins get one night off before Game 1.
Sometimes (IMO) the Bs play better when there are lots of games and little rest.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Hopefully the Refs remember the rules for this one. When the goalie plays the puck it negates an icing, and when you trip a player on a break away it's still a penalty even if you get the puck first.

Don't feel great about the series. Before game 7 my feeling was Florida would stomp us if we advance. Feel a little better after last night bur still see Florida in 5 or 6. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: BB79

PhilKesselFatCamp

Dec 19, 2017
Washington, DC
I want to find a way the Bruins win this series, but absent Swayman going insanely unconscious and not allowing more than 1 goal every game, I can’t.

The Bruins offense was mostly shut down by a terrible Toronto defense, and Samsonov. What’s going to happen when they face Bobrovsky and a defensively sound Panthers team?

I’d love to be proven wrong, I don’t think I will be.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Goaltending is a tie, forward group is Cats, defense tie (or Bruins?), star power is cats, coaching a tie(?).

I think a lot comes down how well Barkov shuts down Pasta and Tkachuk outplays Marchand.

Liking Cats for this one. Panthers in 6.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This is Pippin.

He is cheering for the Bruins.

1714916781716.png

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Bruins don’t “clearly” have the better goalie.

Was hoping to play the Bruins. While I believe the Panthers can handle either team, we’ve seen what momentum and belief can do for a team. The Leafs may have been the harder out of the 2, because they would have slayed their dragon, finally won a game 7, etc.

Really helps the Panthers get healthier, especially on the Bennett front, who just started skating a couple of days ago.
Except they do? How are you going to argue Swayman isn't better than Bob? Cmon...

Reactions: BB79

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Cats are gonna mop the floor with Boston. Bruins only hope is swayman.

Still can't believe these bruins finished with 109 points.....they looked awful vs the injury riddled leafs. Only reason they didn't complete the choke job was because of Swayman

Highly likely, its good experience for the rookies/youth. The next 2 seasons they have a plethora of cap space to sign a #2/1 center.
Icing four #3 centers won't get them far in the playoffs. It speaks volumes to the organizations structure that they're able to rebuild while still making the playoffs.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Highly likely, its good experience for the rookies/youth. The next 2 seasons they have a plethora of cap space to sign a #2/1 center.
Icing four #3 centers won't get them far in the playoffs. It speaks volumes to the organizations structure that they're able to rebuild while still making the playoffs.

The problem is that there’s just not options. The best ones have been signed and the best one left is basically Lindholm who’s had a massive down year

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
The problem is that there’s just not options. The best ones have been signed and the best one left is basically Lindholm who’s had a massive down year

Next year it's slim picking, the worse Lindhom plays the better for if IMO. In 2 seasons there's lots of options plus a trade is always a possibility. We may not get a true #1 but we'll get a significant improvement.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Still can't believe these bruins finished with 109 points.....they looked awful vs the injury riddled leafs. Only reason they didn't complete the choke job was because of Swayman

I think folks are underestimating how well Toronto was playing defensively in that series at the end. They were really packing it in around the net. Also helps explain why they couldn’t score.

Reactions: SPV

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

Well the Leafs were only behind the Bruins in regulation wins by 2. The Bruins got a lot of points by going to overtime. About choking, the Leafs are now the undisputed winners. That's 6 games sevens losses in a row in the last 11 years. Bruins were missing Peeke, Heinen and Poitras and could have used a healthy Brazeau who was amazing as a rookie as was Lohrei. I dont expect them to beat Florida, that is a team that was better than both the Bruins and Leafs last year and again this year.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I think Panthers have the clear adv in skaters, while Bruins have the clearly better goalie. So if Bruins want to win, Swayman needs to carry them.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Ullmark in game one. He's been a beast against FLA this year and it's a pretty quick turnaround to start the series. Maybe they come back with Swayman in game 2

I love the Bruins but I don't see how they can beat Florida 4 times, that's why I picked the Panthers in 6 but I want the Bruins to beat them so bad, I hope they prove me wrong.
They managed to do it in their four meeting of the regular season.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Im expecting the Bs to get caved in this series, but I'm happy they made it to round 2. Anything can happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad