ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
I think Florida takes this, they seem like a strong choice to come out of the East this year. Boston swept the season series, but it doesn’t matter come playoffs. Winnipeg wrecked Colorado all year and when the playoffs started (well, after game 1) it looked like they didn’t belong on the same ice as Colorado.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
I think Florida takes this, they seem like a strong choice to come out of the East this year. Boston swept the season series, but it doesn’t matter come playoffs. Winnipeg wrecked Colorado all year and when the playoffs started (well, after game 1) it looked like they didn’t belong on the same ice as Colorado.
Bruin fans are fully aware that the playoffs are a different beast, this isn't our first rodeo, no ones expecting them the win. All we can hope for is a great learning experience for our youth/rookies and steal a game or two.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Bruins barely squeaked by a team they own. Swayman is on fire and the Bruins will want revenge for last year, but it won't be enough. Boston not having a true 1C and 2C going to show up big this series. FLA wins this series without much problem. The Panthers are a wagon and built for the playoffs.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
This is our rebuilding year. They didn’t blow the series. They beat Toronto. Again. As far as I’m concerned, every game ahead is icing on the cake. Can’t wait to see what this team does next 2 years when they get some room to make moves.
With that said, they have nothing to lose. Bruins in 6.
I hope lol

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Probably be a Panthers win but I can't bring myself to vote for them, so I went Bruins in 7.

Not a lot of credit given to them in this thread, people forget they won 3 in last years series without Bergeron and Krejci and swept this years regular season...it won't be done in 4

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I have no problem letting this play out on the ice. At this stage no team is is garunteed to win anything. That being said I think Florida if they get rolling downhill will be very tough to stop.

As always I chose Panthers in 7.

This team has a mentality to expect 7 games every series, we are rested and chomping at the bit, we will not be no showing games like the Leafs did.

Reactions: Panteras

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Good luck to both panthers and bruins. hope its a good series.

No Bergeron, No Krejci, No Chara yet Bruins continued to show resilience both in regular season and now again in playoffs.

Panthers are better positioned with self belief this season

Should be a good series

Signed,
Pissed off and dejected Leafs fan

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
I like that the Bs are underdogs. Do not believe that this series will be over quickly. Florida is a better team than last seasons version. This series is going to a physical battle. In the end I think the Panthers have more talent.
How’d that work out for the leafs? Bob isn’t on the same level as he was last year, and he’s not even in swaymans zip code in the PO so far. Have no clue how this goes but it’s not going to be a cakewalk.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Cats are gonna mop the floor with Boston. Bruins only hope is swayman.

Still can't believe these bruins finished with 109 points.....they looked awful vs the injury riddled leafs. Only reason they didn't complete the choke job was because of Swayman
Going 8-0 vs the cats & leafs in the regular season was a big reason they got 109 pts .

Reactions: Ladyfan and Alicat

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Bruins in 5.

No, I don't want this to happen. But I am contrary and everyone saying that they can't see a way the Bruins can win this has totally baited me in. Maybe the Panthers take them in 4, but I can't fathom how people watch the playoffs year in and year out and can say there is no way team x beats team y. Maybe the consensus pick wins the majority of the time, but there are also upsets and they really aren't that rare.

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I wouldn’t say so, often teams coming from a long rest come out flat, especially against teams that just went to game 7 and there’s very short rest between

Game 2 will tell a lot
My point being, if there is no letdown for Florida in game 1, watch out. Boston has to split if they have a chance.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I think Ullmark will start the series. I dont see this version of Bruins matching up with Cats at all. Unless injuries or hockey magic, I expect Cats in 5 or 6

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
as a florida fan, Swayman is the key obstacle: this is a less offensively deep team, but Swayman can steal games.

I think, to assess Florida, it goes down to our 2c: is Bennett out all series? He was crucial for turning around last season's playoff series. Can Lundell perform as a real 2C? If

Less worried about regular season series: Florida never played with both Ekblad and Barkov against them due to injuries, Boston is a really freaking good team and we need our stars.

Chaos2k7

Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
There I agree
Just because Boston took us lightly last year doesn't mean we will fall in the same trap, or maybe we do, but I think we are 100% focused on the task at hand.

Boston fans know, we aren't going to fold up under duress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad