Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF - GAME 6 - GOODBYE COLUMBUS - BRUINS WIN SERIES 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
It has to be great living in the city of Boston and being a sports fan since early 2000. You guys win everything. Congrats, its a great city. I drive down to Boston from Nova Scotia (11-12 hr drive) to attend various sporting events. We usually go down in November. 4 of us go (2 Oiler fans, 2 Bruin fans). I had a good chat with some local sports fans there at a bar. They went to all the parades and they said the Bruins one was probably one of the biggest. I figured the Red Sox. Im just curious, what is the pecking order of the teams? I understand it depends upon who is winning but as I said, you guys win everything. Am I wrong to say the following:

1 - Boston Red Sox
2 - Pats
3,4 - Bruins, Celtics (depends who is winning?)

Around my area, there is a very heavy influence of Boston teams for the favorites. We also have too many Leafs and Habs fans. They drive ya nuts. I'm an Oiler, Green Bay Packer, and Montreal Expos fan. As you can see, I have been losing. Now I have to join a new ball team. Hello Red Sox!

You got the order correct, except swap Patriots and Red Sox. The reason the Bruins parade was the biggest is:

1 - It was on a Saturday
2 - It was 85 degrees and sunny
3 - It was the team that had been waiting the longest for a championship

In that order.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
You got the order correct. The reason the Bruins parade was the biggest is:

1 - It was on a Saturday
2 - It was 85 degrees and sunny
3 - It was the team that had been waiting the longest for a championship

In that order.

Good point. I didn't get to see the old Gardens but I loved watching the games on TV. It seemed like the fans were right on the ice. It is good to see you guys stuck with the Bruins. Some fan bases quit and come back when they win (Carolina)

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Good point. I didn't get to see the old Gardens but I loved watching the games on TV. It seemed like the fans were right on the ice. It is good to see you guys stuck with the Bruins. Some fan bases quit and come back when they win (Carolina)

Pet peeve coming!

It's "Garden", not Gardens. The Gardens in Boston are where the duck statues reside. The "Gardens" in hockey is where the Leafs used to suck, before they continued to suck in their new place.

;)

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
The Bruins have out rated the Celtics and have been voted ahead of them in the Boston survey I think in 9 of the last 10 years

2018 the Celtics passed them but this year Bruins over took them for 3rd in the city again

Game 7 Bruins finals 2011 did a 43.4
Game 7 Celtics Finals 2010 did a 33.3

The Bruins have always been the 3rd team in town and it’s not even close really

Reactions: rfournier103

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
It has to be great living in the city of Boston and being a sports fan since early 2000. You guys win everything. Congrats, its a great city. I drive down to Boston from Nova Scotia (11-12 hr drive) to attend various sporting events. We usually go down in November. 4 of us go (2 Oiler fans, 2 Bruin fans). I had a good chat with some local sports fans there at a bar. They went to all the parades and they said the Bruins one was probably one of the biggest. I figured the Red Sox. Im just curious, what is the pecking order of the teams? I understand it depends upon who is winning but as I said, you guys win everything. Am I wrong to say the following:

1 - Boston Red Sox
2 - Pats
3,4 - Bruins, Celtics (depends who is winning?)

Around my area, there is a very heavy influence of Boston teams for the favorites. We also have too many Leafs and Habs fans. They drive ya nuts. I'm an Oiler, Green Bay Packer, and Montreal Expos fan. As you can see, I have been losing. Now I have to join a new ball team. Hello Red Sox!
I think the parade for the 2004 Sox was the largest by a wide margin (86 years will do that to you). I never know how much stock to put into crowd estimates, but i've heard the Bruins parade in 2011 was over a million people.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The Bruins have out rated the Celtics and have been voted ahead of them I think in 9 of the last 10 years

2018 the Celtics passed them but this year Bruins over took them for 3rd in the city

Game 7 Bruins finals 2011 did a 43.4
Game 7 Celtics Finals 2010 did a 33.3

The Bruins have always been the 3rd team in town and it’s not even close really

The Celtics bandwagon is a little bigger when in full swing since basketball is a far more accessible sport than hockey but the Bruins are #3 historically/overall and have a far bigger fanbase when both are bad/mediocre.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
The Celtics bandwagon is a little bigger when in full swing since basketball is a far more accessible sport than hockey but the Bruins are #3 historically/overall and have a far bigger fanbase when both are bad/mediocre.

The Ratings don’t show that though in the post season

The Bruins have our rated the Celtics when head to head in playoffs nearly every year except 2018

And the Bruins Finals ratings Crushed the Celtics Finals Ratings

Reactions: rfournier103

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I hope that Sunday afternoon is incorrect. I am working 3-11 and it would be impossible to watch but more importantly impossible avoiding knowing the outcome of the game before I could watch later .

Reactions: Lady Rhian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad