ECQF Gm #4: Capitals @ Maple Leafs - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
Maybe but I'm just talking about the Caps defense here. I'm surprised more people aren't saying that the Caps defense may have solved their problems in this series in this game.

I don't care about how many goals Leafs ended up really scoring in this game. Their offense looked neutralized to me. There is long stretches where every time they throw the puck into the Capitals end, it comes out.

I don't think the Caps should be embarrassed about this win at all. They started the game dominating on offense, then when they wanted to go into shutdown mode, unlike the other games they were able to (mostly) do it. The earlier shootgame games were more fun to watch as a fan but this type of game is how Caps go far this year.

The Leafs outscored the Caps 3-1 after the first and outshot them 28-12. I don't think neutralized is the word I'd use. The Leafs ran out of time, or this would have been tied.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Playoffs, goal differential means jack ****. W's and L's are the only stat that matters. Caps out played the Leafs in the first 3 games and were 1-2, who has a good game and who has a bad game and how many goals they win by are meangingless.

Leafs outplayed in G3? Loooooooooool OK

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
I find it funny how 4 players are standing in a circle looking at the puck which is in the middle of them, then who ever the washington player is comes in and is like thanks!!! and dishes it off to Oshie.
I'm honestly surprised the Leafs bench didn't ask for an offside review there. It's pretty close.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
What? No, it works like the Caps should have had a 3 goal lead and the game after that completely changes.

No, I am making stuff up like you.

So, the Leafs wouldn't have scored another goal, or two? That's what you are saying? Because it would have been 5-2?

Using your logic, Oshie wouldn't have scored the fifth Caps goal. But, really, it would have been the sixth, right? Or maybe the seventh?

See what I did there?

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I'm honestly surprised the Leafs bench didn't ask for an offside review there. It's pretty close.

If you bring it into your own zone, it negates the offside for the other team.

Babcock was so dumb to not challenge the Backstrom 1st goal

RonMacLean

Dec 8, 2013
That goal called off against goalie interference was a ****ing mess. Just find a random guy outside of your crease and hold onto them until the score. Solid goaltending.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
That goal called off against goalie interference was a ****ing mess. Just find a random guy outside of your crease and hold onto them until the score. Solid goaltending.

It's weird, but apparently the rules state that when you skate into the blue ice of your own volition and bump the goalie, the goal may be disallowed.

Washington should be quite aware of this rule, seeing as how they had the most goalie interference calls in the league.

ThrillinPhil

Tdot.
Jan 9, 2011
If the Capitals win the series I still expect people to bring up the disallowed goal. Caps won... get over it.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
leafs needed just one good save and we woulda had this one. freddy has to be better than that.

Amazing fightback, though. That puts the fear of god right back into the caps and the confidence right back into our legs. The exact opposite response than oil change had last night.

sucks to lose home ice advantage but damn, we have a series now.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
What the hell is this Bill Waters guys problem with Alex Ovechkin on the post game?

He has know idea who Ovechkin is and he just continues to rip on his character night after night.

Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad