Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - AIDEU TORONTO - FLORIDUH HERE WE COME - BRUINS 2 Toronto 1 F/OT - B's win series 4-3

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I didn't post much this series. To be honest, I hate playing the leafs. And the reason I hate them is the obnoxious Maple Leaf Square. Like, I understand if they only showed it during Game 7, or on the verge of winning the ECF or Stanley Cup. But after every goal, on series long, in the first round! Like, I remember them showing clips on towny bars in game 7 of the finals in 2011, and definitely during 04 for the Sox. But that was when there was something on the line. It goes back to the Hockey News cover and the obnoxious assumption that cups were deserved in Toronto. No, the are earned. You bleed for them. You leave part of your soul on the ice. You play with a punctured lung just to have a chance.

Anyways, I've been down on Swayman recently, even thinking they should trade his rights and keep Ullmark this off-season, because, as good as he's been, he's never had that moment where he's claimed the net, made it sure there is no doubt he has it in him. Too many goals that you can't really blame him for, but shouldn't go in. There was none of that this series. Not a single one. This is his net. He has arrived.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I didn't post much this series. To be honest, I hate playing the leafs. And the reason I hate them is the obnoxious Maple Leaf Square. Like, I understand if they only showed it during Game 7, or on the verge of winning the ECF or Stanley Cup. But after every goal, on series long, in the first round! Like, I remember them showing clips on towny bars in game 7 of the finals in 2011, and definitely during 04 for the Sox. But that was when there was something on the line. It goes back to the Hockey News cover and the obnoxious assumption that cups were deserved in Toronto. No, the are earned. You bleed for them. You leave part of your soul on the ice. You play with a punctured lung just to have a chance.

Anyways, I've been down on Swayman recently, even thinking they should trade his rights and keep Ullmark this off-season, because, as good as he's been, he's never had that moment where he's claimed the net, made it sure there is no doubt he has it in him. Too many goals that you can't really blame him for, but shouldn't go in. There was none of that this series. Not a single one. This is his net. He has arrived.
Bruins will pay Swayman is a strong possibility.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Those aura’s are brutal.
I've had a few. I don't get the headache, just the aura. The first time it happened I was at a conference and suddenly I had no peripheral vision in my left eye at all. Completely dark. Freaked me out, thought I was having a stroke.

Other times I'd be reading and the letters on the page started becoming indistinguishable and then it looked like they were all getting sucked into a black hole.

MSG is a trigger for it for me. I hope to never have any more.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Thank you to all who believed in the group and believed in coach...
I'll be honest

I had faith in the group (with the right players in the lineup giving full effort), but I lost faith in Monty after he tinkered with the lineup (scratching Beecher and Shattenkirk and putting Gryz in for game 5) right after the B's won both games in Toronto.
"don't fix what's not broke"...and don't play Gryz in the playoffs unless you absolutely have to

Thank God he came to his senses, but the Bruins could've won this series in 5 games if he wouldn't have tinkered with the lineup.

..and Monty's tinkering almost cost the Bruins the series ....and his job

I just hope he learned his lesson

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Couple of questions for everyone. So we keep playing our brick wall until he loses or do we play him after a loss again...? What can this team do about their low face-off win percentage...because besides being on the soft side with hitting and contact....this is a major pitfall for this team right now going forward. Please don't kill the messenger...lol
Play Swayman.

They were not on the soft side of hitting and contact against the Leafs.

Their facoffs should improve, Panthers not as good on the dot as Toronto.

Reactions: Lordstanley

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
If you don't like him he will be liked by you in Boston. Not sure I understand the dislike for Domi. He's prototypical bruin.

Any Bergeron reaction vids to bruin goals last night??
He probably cost the Leafs two games. If that's the type of player you're looking for I don't know what to tell you

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I've had a few. I don't get the headache, just the aura. The first time it happened I was at a conference and suddenly I had no peripheral vision in my left eye at all. Completely dark. Freaked me out, thought I was having a stroke.

Other times I'd be reading and the letters on the page started becoming indistinguishable and then it looked like they were all getting sucked into a black hole.

MSG is a trigger for it for me. I hope to never have any more.
I get both but have some good painkillers I take when I get the Aura so not as bad of a headache,

Reactions: lopey and Gordoff

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
" Getting bashed by Jack Edwards was awesome "

PK Subban, reflecting on the Boston/Montreal rivalry and Jack's retirement. He gets it.
I don’t even hate him. I felt a mutual respect growing between PK and the Boston fans. That statement proves it.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad