Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - AIDEU TORONTO - FLORIDUH HERE WE COME - BRUINS 2 Toronto 1 F/OT - B's win series 4-3

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I didn't pick up my phone for like 3 minutes to even message friends after the goal.

I just sat there in shock. Also sat there looking to see if someone was gonna challenge that goal, lol. Didn't feel real.

The house money feeling now vs the Panthers has me totally relaxed. So naturally now Boston is gonna get up vs the cats 3-1....and then suck us all right back in :laugh:
Boston is not afraid of them & they definitely are not as fast as Leafs as a team. Gonna be a tight series.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Where can I watch highlights
I bought this for my office in celebration of the win

full
That's how a lot of the posters feel right now after last night...lol

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Boston is not afraid of them & they definitely are not s fast as Leafs as s team. Gonna be a tight series.
This will be a very good series if the Bruins can stay out of the box and play 5 on 5 as much as possible. I believe if Sway can be a brick wall for most of the series ....he will be the different again and to move on from this bad omen from last year. I would love it to go 7 games again....lol I know that's crazy to say.

Reactions: Ladyfan and lopey

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
the guy who wears #16 and will be looking for major buckaroos next year literally stood still and watched Pasta blaze by him on the OT goal , classic
Good point, he was hurt this year but 11 goals and whole bunch assists playing with the number one goal scorer this year in Mathews

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
The B's tried to sign Bert, but he wanted a multi year deal. By the time he realized he would only get one year from anyone due to Cap issues around the league, the B's had sign 4-5 1M/yr players and had no money.
I'd take him back in a a heartbeat.

Boqvist
JVR
Wotherspoon
Geekie
Shattenkirk

PoisonEye

Hugs
Aug 1, 2005
Very good post. I remember Game 7 last year very clearly, and McAvoy backed way off the Florida puck carriers late in the game. He was trying not to get burned or called for a penalty, but instead gave them too much room.

I’m starting to think he plays a little scared in these high-pressure games, and that is not a trait anyone is looking for in a cornerstone 1D.
I don't know if this is just because I've dealt with the same issue playing sports myself and had to fight this instinct, but to me, not sure it's scared but just in his own head about making the "smart play". He knows the Leafs are blocking a lot of shots and he doesn't want one going the other way, so he fakes a shot he should have let rip for example. Gets no shot off anyway. He checks and double checks if a pass/shot is the right move and then oh wait the puck isn't on his stick and he whiffs. Same thing with penalties. For me it was always reminding myself to stop thinking so much. Making a mistake on an instinct/reaction play is better than sitting there thinking and doing nothing until something bad happens, which it always does. None of the "smart plays" I ever made in any sport were because I took the time to consider my options for a while then picked the right one.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
He’s just such a genuine guy. The way he shows emotion and the way he talks about playoff hockey. During the post game interview he talked about how he was excited for overtime and just overall enjoys those types of games.
He enjoys these games and isn’t afraid of them. The Bruins desperately need to re-sign this man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad