BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 7 - 8:14 PM - THE BRUINS SEASON WILL NOT END TONIGHT - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM, 1050 CHUM-AM

Winner of Game 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
So if we buy into the NHL conspiracy theory, there are already two Canadian teams through to the next round, do they really want a third Canadian team in? I doubt it, so I am sure we will win because they would rather have a Boston/Florida matchup - I mean, there is more rivalry there from last year. Am I doing it right? Shoo-in, Bruins get put through by Bettman and the refs. :sarcasm:
NHL.got their game 7 so yes things will be called more fair now

Reactions: caz16

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So practicing at the Gardens is going to make them be able to get the puck out of their own ends and stop looking like the Keystone Cops,be able to win a puck battle once in awhile,not lose 80% of the face offs,get more shots and traffic in front of the net,maybe make Leafs goalie actually have to stop a rebound. Seems like a lot is going to happen just from practicing on the Gardens Ice.

We already can’t stop hearing about how the greatest regular season team ever choked in the first round,let’s not add this to it.

That point reminded me of how many times the Bruins did actually skate into each other or impeded their own puck carrier in Game 6. Wondering if they were simply misreading the play or if there were actual adjustments tried and they were too much for our guys to handle.

Reactions: TobanWest

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
It’s funny how things change and what’s important. Last Saturday night we had them on the ropes, they were fighting on the bench and we were all set, we thought. A shocking week later who knows how tonight will go?

Yesterday my 90 year old Mother fell at home and broke her nose and now her face is all black and blue. Spent 8 hours in the hospital. Suddenly whether or not the Bruins win or who needs to do what for them tonight just isn’t as important. Life is funny eh? I’ll watch it tonight and will be glad if they win - and I hope they do and they can - but won’t beside myself should they lose.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Yes, he's got to stop with that negative look. He looks like he has no confidence. The Leafs see the his body language and the fact that he looks absolutely defeated and they're feeding on it. They know that they're getting to him.
That high sticking penalty was purely childish and foolish.
Do that is selfish, and a bad look.

Pasta, future captain, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
They haven’t been hitting the Leafs top players for 6 games you really think they are going to start,it’s not their style it just isn’t.
True. Bruins have size but it's soft. No NHL team ever finesse their way to win in a series. Leafs picked up Bert, Domi, Reaves , Edmonson for more grit in the play offs. The Bruins beat them in the regular season but this is different. You win along the boards and in scrums around the net. Perimeter hockey is for losers.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Problem tonight is that the TML have a new attitude. That "defense first" attitude that they've adopted is befuddling the Bruins.
The Leafs "zigged" the Bruins had better "zag" and over-ride the zig.
Guy Boucher has taken over this team in my opinion. I think the Leafs FO made Keefe listen to him for the last two games. Anyone that watched the Leafs all year knows they can score, but their defensive structure so often was simply awful. That’s why the Bruins won 3 games in this series. Now the last two games the Leafs are keeping the Bruins to the outside and the Bruins can’t break through and haven’t adjusted. This is why getting the lead is so vital tonight. And not a one goal lead either.

This also feels like 1984 to me. Bruins had a very strong team & season and lined up vs Montreal who had a poor year and hired Jacques Lemaire later in the season to coach them after the fired Bob Berry. Lemaire got them thinking defensively first and with Steve Penney playing out of his head they sweep the Bruins in round one. Shocking to say the least. I can still see them continually dumping the puck on Bourque’s corner and hitting him. Or standing up at their own blue line as he led a rush. Hard to believe it’s been 40 years.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
True. Bruins have size but it's soft. No NHL team ever finesse their way to win in a series. Leafs picked up Bert, Domi, Reaves , Edmonson for more grit in the play offs. The Bruins beat them in the regular season but this is different. You win along the boards and in scrums around the net. Perimeter hockey is for losers.
But the Bruins got Maroon coming of back surgery,was there really not someone else out there with some grit and physicality who was available to play on the fourth line.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Please just charge the net like Domi and Bertuzzi have been doing. Make it tough for Woll and his confidence may just drop. Swayman has to fight most of the times just to see the puck. With 3 Leafs stacked up in front of the net how do you expect to get perimeter shots through.

Monty with your so called great coaching resume do something to earn your pay for once.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
But the Bruins got Maroon coming of back surgery,was there really not someone else out there with some grit and physicality who was available to play on the fourth line.
I doubt Maroon can fight with his recent surgery. Leafs know this and ignore him. Sweeney painted himself into a corner with cap space and lack of assets. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Bruins have to grind out a win tonight.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It’s funny how things change and what’s important. Last Saturday night we had them on the ropes, they were fighting on the bench and we were all set, we thought. A shocking week later who knows how tonight will go?

Yesterday my 90 year old Mother fell at home and broke her nose and now her face is all black and blue. Spent 8 hours in the hospital. Suddenly whether or not the Bruins win or who needs to do what for them tonight just isn’t as important. Life is funny eh? I’ll watch it tonight and will be glad if they win - and I hope they do and they can - but won’t beside myself should they lose.
Wow, sorry to hear about your mom. I hope that she heals up well and fast.
These are the important things in life. The rest is just for entertainment.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Shocked at the ref blaming in this thread lol. They were a complete non-factor. You could blame game 5 on Monty's lineup change, 6 is squarely on the players. Refs have been fine.

Agree about the refs.

Blaming the coach's lineup changes for Game 5 is even worse.

The team (players) absolutely sucked.

“The will to win has gotta be there. You don’t want your season to end.”
Brick

Seems like Brick isn't sure the will is there.

Reactions: TD Charlie

busman21

Dec 11, 2006
Boston
Bergeron fan banner captain tonight? Think you have to do it to get into the leafs heads and fire up the crowd

Reactions: BMC

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
* I want them to win the opening draw to set the tone.
* Then I want some sustained offensive zone time.
* Last, I want to see a minimum of 10 shots on net in the first period.
Then we'll see how it goes. Is that too much to ask?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Shocked at the ref blaming in this thread lol. They were a complete non-factor. You could blame game 5 on Monty's lineup change, 6 is squarely on the players. Refs have been fine.
If a team is a step behind the pace all game they will get more penalties. Refs are a factor in all games but teams still have to find a way to win despite it. Looking at every series there is a lot of stuff let go in the playoffs. Bruins played crappy for the better part last 2 games IMO.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
The bruins are going to come out flying and score 2 goals in the first like against the habs in 2011, leafs work to claw back but their system starts to break down going for chances and bruins win 4-2 in regulation. Let’s go baby!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Same. Too much “life” going on.

Hope Mom is feeling better today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad