Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 5/4 8:14 PM - Good News as Game 7 is at TD Garden, Bad News Game 7 is at TD Garden - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
1714779008941.jpeg

Hopefully this happens.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Imagine how the players feel right now after not getting the job from last year to this year. Pissed and anger. I expect to see all those emotions to bust out tomorrow.
Well I was hoping they would have felt this way after game 5, and they looked like they had cinderblocks around their ankles coming out of the gate. Doesn't instill too much confidence ya know?

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
If he wants to be a clown on TV then fine but provide some actual insight. Like you said, has trouble forming a full sentence with dropping an F-bomb on his podcast.

Even in Don Cherry's later years, he at least provided the viewer some insight into the game they were watching. He knew his hockey and it wasn't all "look at this fight, look at this hit".

You get none of that with Bissonette.

NBC did it far better. Dull at times but so isn't ESPN. This TNT act became stale and fast.

Reactions: Gordoff

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
This place is sounding more and more like the Habs board by the minute.

How about a little faith in the team instead of acting like Eeyore with hot takes.

Will they win tomorrow? Who the hell knows but I believe they will.

It was smart to give them the day off. Sometimes getting away from each other for 24 hours is the best thing for the team. It lets them reset and reminds them of why they play the game.

Issue with a day off is they tried it before game 6.

• Wow

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

How about a little faith in the team instead of acting like Eeyore with hot takes.

It was smart to give them the day off. Sometimes getting away from each other for 24 hours is the best thing for the team. It lets them reset and reminds them of why they play the game.
I think the Leafs have made some game alterations that 2 games in a row the Bruins really didn’t make adjustments,not sure how a day off away from each other and not practicing ways to adapt is a good idea.Also people on here being optimistic or pessimistic isn’t going to have any influence on the outcome of tomorrows game.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I’m frustrated as f***... but what a strange bloody series. I have no idea what to expect game 7 from either team. We can count on Brandon Carlo, Jeremy Swayman, John Beecher and Trent Fredrick to show up ... but ain’t sure that’s enough.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Bissonette has no business being on a national broadcast, he’s an embarrassment to the game of hockey. That bs he spewed last night should prevent him from being on any more broadcast.

He is such an insufferable clown. Honestly I used to be able to tolerate the Chicklets podcast a few years ago and then this guy got way too front and center, now it’s just off the charts. Dude has a giant head for no reason at all, he is nowhere near as entertaining as he thinks he is.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
His podcasts (Spitting Chiclets) of morons and goofs. It’s picked up some popularity over the years for it’s obnoxious derps and shock jock speak. He’s been on TNT all year and TBH he was fine on the show until the Boston/Laffs series. Like a flick of the switch he turned into a smitten 13 yr old fan boy and became unbelievably obnoxious. I couldnt believe a grown adult was acting like that after game 5 and supposed to be a sports analyist. PK has been a dink too and not any better over on ESPN. I guess the sports world thinks every NHL generation needs a controversial “Don Cherry/Mike Milbury” type on it’s broadcasts.
If he would stick to talking about hockey instead of talking shit about the Bruins and how his Laffs are rolling he’d be somewhat tolerable but after last night he’s just proven that he’s nothing but a 1 trick poney.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Pierre McGuire explains why the series is now tied and makes several valid points.

Serpico

Aug 16, 2020
NYC
Eh, I dont mind Biz clowning around. It's better than the NBC crew. Him and the glass banger at Dallas have been having a twitter feud all series. It's great to have Hank on because we never really get a lot of insider stuff when it comes to goalies. Most are too much of head cases to give thoughtful analysis and articulate what the goalies are thinking as the game goes on.

If they get Marchand after he retires that will be must see intermission reports.

side note... did the bruins forget how to skate? At first I thought it was the TD Garden ice on game 5 but they were falling down just as much in game 6. They would fall receiving a pass. Strange because Marchand is usually a really good skater. When he does his usual move of entering the zone and cutting back to pass to the D he wipes out.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005

IMG_1586.jpeg

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Bruins
His podcasts (Spitting Chiclets) of morons and goofs. It’s picked up some popularity over the years for it’s obnoxious derps and shock jock speak. He’s been on TNT all year and TBH he was fine on the show until the Boston/Laffs series. Like a flick of the switch he turned into a smitten 13 yr old fan boy and became unbelievably obnoxious. I couldnt believe a grown adult was acting like that after game 5 and supposed to be a sports analyist. PK has been a dink too and not any better over on ESPN. I guess the sports world thinks every NHL generation needs a controversial “Don of Bissonttes Cherry/Mike Milbury” type on it’s broadcasts.
I saw some Bisonette podcast. Chirping Reaves and saying he could take him in a fight or something along that line. Not my cup of tea.

Reactions: Barnum and Gordoff

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I'm not sure the Leafs goalied the Bruins. The only thing that kept the game close was Sway. He did his job. From there out it was a mess and a lack of passion. Leafs are playing to win. The effort to beat Bruins to pucks in both ends was the difference. Plus Nylander (sp) was going and the Bruins had no answer for him. These guys are pros. They know they sucked. Let's see what they do about it tomorrow.
Come out flat. Back into their end at home and it's over.
I get the narrative is (and will be if the Leafs advance) that they stepped up their game and played so well.

I don't think so. They have been playing very bad hockey in the last two games, too. It just so happened they faced a team that performed even worse.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
NBC did it far better. Dull at times but so isn't ESPN. This TNT act became stale and fast.

Tocchet was a big loss. And he made Gretzky better as they are good friends in real life, better banter.

Carter is dull and Henrik "Hair Dye" Lundqvist I kinda like but he's nothing special. I do find analysts who are former goalies normally provide good insight.

I like NBC presentation. Growing up I was always a fan of their NBA coverage, felt it gave the league a big time feel during those Bulls/Jordan years.

I just think....what can I learn from a career 4th line 200 game player with a total of 7 goals?:rolleyes:
Not much.

You know what though, Luke Gazdic is a studio analyst for Sportsnet doing the weekday games like Monday nights and he's really good. One of the better ones going. Probably a rarity among pugilists turned hockey analysts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad