Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 5/4 8:14 PM - Good News as Game 7 is at TD Garden, Bad News Game 7 is at TD Garden - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
I got flamed hard for saying exactly this after game 1. I mean its a US broadcast FFS and ESPN/TNT have two major biased douche bags shitting on the only US team In the series on a US national broadcast. How does that make any sense?

And the NHL wonders why the game is not growing in the US….
I love how folks bag on Jack for being a homer, these are national broadcasts, I don't expect them to lie about who they support, but the ball washing is out way over the top.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Anyone else, other than me, predict a Cup win this year at the beginning of the season?

ae530

Mar 22, 2024
It all comes down to one game, can the Bruins win? Of course they can. To those quitting on the team and saying they aren't going to bother watching, no problem, hopefully the GDT will be more positive.

It hasn't been fun the last two games to put it mildly but the Bruins also hold the record of playing the most game 7's and winning the Cup, while being down 2-0 games in two of those series. Never say never. I will gladly take another round against the Panthers. I want as much Bruins hockey as possible because October is a long way off.

GO BRUINS!
I agree

Reactions: caz16

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
So what? All I wanted was for them to beat the Leafs and then I don’t care if they get pounded in round 2 .
Round two against Florida would be a measuring stick. What does Donnie have to do to beat Florida? That is, if the Bruins lose to Florida..

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Man was I way off my guess for last nights game, a little overly optimistic I guess. If they don’t get off to a better start in game 7 it could be more of the same.

Still, I ain’t giving up, they’ve got one more shot to prove they can get this done and I’ll be rooting for them. Go Bruins!!

Last edited:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
There is a VAST distance between a Cup win and being embarrassed to wear a Bruins hat out (I don't live in New England). This hasn't been a tough fought series, the Bruins have been lame the past two games.
I don't give a f**k what people think, I will never be embarrassed to be a Bruins fan. I live an hour from Toronto and wear Bruins gear all year round. Enjoy life, support what you love, screw every other fan base. If they lose, I will still be out there showing my passion.

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
Imagine being goalied by....the Leafs?

What sorcery is this

That switch off Samsanov, man. That was the tide turn.
Well we only have about 15 shots in two games on this guy, so I’m not sure it’s their goaltending!

There are several, previously heralded, players on this Bruins team that have been absolutely invisible. Pasta, Coyle. Zacha and Lindholm come to mind. On top of a few gaffes by your best player (McAvoy). This is what is killing them.

Credit Toronto for shutting down Pasta. Like Florida did with Kucherov. Neither guy raised their game, and nobody else in Boston picked up the slack. We’ve seen this before.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I don't give a f**k what people think, I will never be embarrassed to be a Bruins fan. I live an hour from Toronto and wear Bruins gear all year round. Enjoy life, support what you love, screw every other fan base. If they lose, I will still be out there showing my passion.
Not me I would be going very incognito,but hey good for you.

Reactions: Gordoff

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I'm not sure the Leafs goalied the Bruins. The only thing that kept the game close was Sway. He did his job. From there out it was a mess and a lack of passion. Leafs are playing to win. The effort to beat Bruins to pucks in both ends was the difference. Plus Nylander (sp) was going and the Bruins had no answer for him. These guys are pros. They know they sucked. Let's see what they do about it tomorrow.
Come out flat. Back into their end at home and it's over.

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
You would think the Leafs blew the Bruins out, they are scraping by with little effort by the Bruins (for whatever reason), they are not a power house. I have no explanation but the Leafs are not good.

I hope they can have a statement game tomorrow and win convincingly.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Me too. Even after they screwed up last year I still got compliments wearing my green Bruin hat with a 4 leaf clover ☘️ on the side in honour of my Irish mother. Most comments I get are Leaf fans wearing sad blue looking tacky tourist Leaf hats.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The older you get, the less you care about what others think. I am retired and don't give a s**t what anyone says, bring it on.
Retired also, I don’t know I think I’m just very non confrontational so many dammed Leaf fans ,I don’t even wear them when the Bruins beat them,I just can’t be bothered dealing with cocky and arrogant Leaf fans and most are.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Bruins coaching staff lack creativity and are rarely able to adapt when things are not going well except the thousands of line changes of Monty...look out tomorrow night! Ullmark, Lauko, Grze, Heinen are gonna be in...

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
My eldest son just turned 28 on May second... his girlfriend got him tickets to game 7 as a surprise not knowing if there would be a game 7. I'm happy for him, but have mixed emotions about the team. He lives here in Florida and they are flying up to Boston this afternoon. I know this is a special experience for him and I hope the Bruins do their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad